Digimon Adventure tri. Dub in Theaters, Jeff Nimoy is Tentomon, More Cast Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope it doesn't end up like fusion, with the editing, the dialogue, and the lame joke, the characters are grown up, they are not kids anymore.... Serious things are happening in tri and I hope they don't mess up the theme of it
Ok we get the point already...enough.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vande I see what you coming from but it just going to feel weird without the original cast there, I'm just use to the original voices.
Recasts have happened before. Joshua Seth and Kirk Thorton didn't return to play Tai and Gabumon in the dub of Movie 4, with Jason Spisak and Jeff Nimoy replacing them respectively, and they sounded fine. Likewise, Michael Reisz didn't return to play Takuya in the dub of Movie 7, with Dave Wittenberg replacing him, and he did just fine too.

Even in the original dub of Adventure, Tai's Koromon went through three different voices before finally settling on Brianne Siddall in episode 17 onwards.

if they could put butterfly and brave heart, we can have the original dub theme and battle theme song from the show,
False logic. Brand new versions of Butter-Fly and Brave Heart were created just for tri. They didn't reuse the same versions as before. And the same company who worked on Adventure and Zero Two work on tri. in Japan. Whereas Saban worked on the dubs of Adventure and Zero Two, creating all their music, but aren't involved in tri.'s dub. Saban owns the original dub theme song and other songs, so the tri. dubbers likely don't have access to the old music that they don't own. It's not the same company as before who's working on the tri. dub.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope it doesn't end up like fusion, with the editing, the dialogue, and the lame joke, the characters are grown up, they are not kids anymore.... Serious things are happening in tri and I hope they don't mess up the theme of it
The dub's characters laughed at death when they were kids. No reason for them to be any less psychotic now that they're older.

Shikou

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So here is my take on the recast situation because its from Toei not Saban Brands so its to be expected that some characters will have a different actor. With the idea of some actors being open to come back if asked can go 2 different ways. Its been way too long to capture their character back in the day and this was when the characters were kids. I believe people will complain anyway even if they bring back the original actors because they will be using a different pitch for their voices or in a different case making a 17 year old young adult sound like a 10 year old kid or whatever age Saban had in mind. As a fan since I was 5 years old when it first aired on Fox Kids Im open to a completely new cast like the Japanese version if they really cant get everybody back. As stated above some voice actors got replaced in the past. Did anybody complained? I dont remember anything like that. Do you?

I can agree asking for the Japanese soundtrack is unrealistic. Why start now? If it's not Viz Media or Funimation it's not gonna happen. The soundtrack done by Saban was fine in it's own right just as good as the Japanese version in my opinion. However, I would be very open to it if Saban themselves were handling it. Im not all that familiar with Toei International (assuming they have an International Division) so it could be a hit or miss. It does sound like they are trying to pay homage to the Saban dub with the teaser having a similar song with rearranged lyrics. So who knows at this point. We dont know who is composing the music nor we know anything beyond rumored voice cast. We are pretty much barking at a brick wall.

I doubt we will have another Digimon Fusion case here because it's not being done by Saban, its by Toei.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Toei is going to produce the show for the international market the way they think will work best. Whether that's a straight dub, an edited dub, or a punched up dub... they're going to do what they are going to do.

Cast changes are inevitable, regardless of who does it. Budget, schedules, etc. make getting 'everyone' a near impossibility for most productions.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
News updates.

Some of the cast have been given the go ahead to talk about the dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.