Digimon Adventure tri. Dub in Theaters, Jeff Nimoy is Tentomon, More Cast Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly as much as I would want to see more of the original cast come back that IMDB page doesn't sound too bad either, I could see a lot of them being plausible soundalikes. There'd be a couple of surprising recasts for me if it's true, I thought Gomamon and Mimi's actors were active still. I do hope Toei throws us a bone so I can either rest easy or make peace with things.

Can't really imagine Haberkorn as Joe, though it's interesting both lists put him in that role. Also amused with JYB potentially being Matt, because I'd been thinking since the initial Jeff post that his voice would fit Matt much better than TK.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Todd Haberkorn also previously voiced Tai in the Charizard vs. Greymon episode of Death Battle.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally, I hope that some of these rumours aren't true. The first list seems to rely on which part Nimoy saw and what he heard, which would probably be the airport scene when the rest of the Digidestined show up to help Tai, which is where Tentomon first shows up. Plus, even though the designs are similar, TK was wearing a hat at the time. But again, all we have to go off is what Nimoy himself said.

As for Haberkorn as Tai, I personally don't see it. He's a very good voice actor, there's no doubt about that, but now I picture him more as Daigo. If in the event he does end up being Tai, I do hope he does well. I can see it making more sense to have Erholtz playing Joe as he took over Michael Lindsay's role of Kisuke Urahara from Bleach.

Crazy_Tai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope those rumours aren't true. I rather have Joshua back as Tai then Jason. I just wish they would hurry up and announce the cast.

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
toei would stupid and not say yes to seth to come back i mean he wrong up offering to return to reprise the role alot of people known him for and if they said no then they stupid.

Crazy_Tai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
toei would stupid and not say yes to seth to come back i mean he wrong up offering to return to reprise the role alot of people known him for and if they said no then they stupid.
Surely Seth, would not get everyone hyped up on soical media if he was not returning to do the voice of Tai again.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All asterisks concerning the legitimacy of the IMDB list aside, that's a pretty stacked cast for tri.

A small part of me feels that Laura Bailey would be a slightly better recast than Stephanie Sheh for Mimi, but I'm always happy with their work, so either way I think that's a win.

I feel like Spisak is a good recast for Tai, too, should Seth prove to be unavailable. His work in Young Justice is the most recent role of his that I've seen, but I really liked his performance there, and I think that the range he demonstrated with Wally is similar to what Natsuki Hanae has demonstrated in tri. thus far. But looking through his IMDB credits I can see why there is some trepidation.

And... gosh, I really hope that T.K. is recast. Erholtz's performance back in 2000 was not his best. JYB would be a welcome change (but I can see JYB as Matt, too).

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surely Seth, would not get everyone hyped up on soical media if he was not returning to do the voice of Tai again.
exactly i mean yea the older me the now me preffer japnese dub and subb and uncensored version of digimon but dub still nestalgic to me cause i grew up with it along with his tai.

All asterisks concerning the legitimacy of the IMDB list aside, that's a pretty stacked cast for tri.

A small part of me feels that Laura Bailey would be a slightly better recast than Stephanie Sheh for Mimi, but I'm always happy with their work, so either way I think that's a win.

I feel like Spisak is a good recast for Tai, too, should Seth prove to be unavailable. His work in Young Justice is the most recent role of his that I've seen, but I really liked his performance there, and I think that the range he demonstrated with Wally is similar to what Natsuki Hanae has demonstrated in tri. thus far. But looking through his IMDB credits I can see why there is some trepidation.

And... gosh, I really hope that T.K. is recast. Erholtz's performance back in 2000 was not his best. JYB would be a welcome change (but I can see JYB as Matt, too).
it was not best back then but given him second chance to make better would be welcome in my books.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to say that I have my doubts on the first list, mostly because it contradicts three different things that we've heard about the production (Jeff's account, Laura Summer's confirmation, and over half of the Digimon not reprising their roles) and IMBD is pretty dubious as a source. It's possible that some of these accounts could be incorrect themselves and the broken clock happens to be right, but I can't say I have a lot of faith in it.

Todd Haberkorn playing Joe I think could work, though I'd have to hear him in the role.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to say that I have my doubts on the first list, mostly because it contradicts three different things that we've heard about the production (Jeff's account, Laura Summer's confirmation, and over half of the Digimon not reprising their roles) and IMBD is pretty dubious as a source. It's possible that some of these accounts could be incorrect themselves and the broken clock happens to be right, but I can't say I have a lot of faith in it.

Todd Haberkorn playing Joe I think could work, though I'd have to hear him in the role.
I hadn't even planned to bring up any of the rumors or cast lists frankly.

But when a handful of bits like Haberkorn matched, and a few people started to notice 'a' cast list on IMDB, it felt like I had to at least bring it up.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is probably won't likely happen, but what do you think the chances are of us getting an official cast list for the dub on August 1st? I mean if the 1st showings are in September, it's bound to be sometime between then and now.

WiiU0706

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah this cast list thing is going to be top speculation for a while and i am sure Toei is just going to let us squirm in the process

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I heard JYB was confirmed for Takeru... but if he was Yamato I wouldn't be as displeased as other choices, so maybe I'll survive this dub after all.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If he's the new voice for any of the kids, I think Todd Haberkorn would best fit as Yamato/Matt. His voice always struck me as sounding like a slightly higher-pitched Michael Reisz, so if he could deepen his voice a bit, he'd fit well as Matt.

Digimonuniverse

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you guys are missing the point lol, don't we want the same voice actors for the same characters I know I do, I want Doug to play t.k, and lara Jill for Kari and Joshua seth for the legendary tai kamiya and Michael reisz for Matt. It not going to feel like digimon without the original cast their, it not going to feel like digimon

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you guys are missing the point lol, don't we want the same voice actors for the same characters I know I do, I want Doug to play t.k, and lara Jill for Kari and Joshua seth for the legendary tai kamiya and Michael reisz for Matt. It not going to feel like digimon without the original cast their, it not going to feel like digimon
No you're assuming it isn't going to feel like Digimon. You don't know until you see it. Heck you never know the new voices could be just as good. It would be nice to have all the old voices back. But that isn't going to happen. Take off the rose tinted nostaliga goggles and give it a try before making such statements.

Digimonuniverse

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vande I see what you coming from but it just going to feel weird without the original cast there, I'm just use to the original voices.. And for you to know the creator digimon adventure tri made the show for nostalgia for us digimon older fan, if they could put butterfly and brave heart, we can have the original dub theme and battle theme song from the show, not that song they put for the trailer, that was weird.... To be honest I kinda don't like changes

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't like change that much either but let's face it, it's not under our control. All we can do is trust the people behind the dub and see where they go with it. if we lived in a perfect world, we'd probably be getting everybody back, but we don't. Still, if they can get as much back as they can, then that'll be good enough for me.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
FWIW, in the original Adventure tri., while they brought back all the voice actors for the Digimon, they recast all 8 kids, so the fact that the English dub is at least getting 2 of the original VAs to reprise their roles (Marshall and O'Shaughnessey) is a nod to the nostalgia aspect you're describing.

Last edited:

Digimonuniverse

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope it doesn't end up like fusion, with the editing, the dialogue, and the lame joke, the characters are grown up, they are not kids anymore.... Serious things are happening in tri and I hope they don't mess up the theme of it

Status
Not open for further replies.