Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We now have various character profiles from tri from the new issue of Animedia in Japan.

Image Thumbnail

Edit- Thanks to onkeikun for a translation of what is visible.

Yagami Hikari - 2nd year in middle school. She's popular with the boys in her brother's soccer club due to her cute charm. She loves ice cream. Her Digimon partner is Tailmon.

Takaishi Takeru - 2nd year in middle school. He appears to be popular with the girls in school. While he lives separately from his brother due to their parents' circumstances, they get along very well. His Digimon partner is Patamon.

Ishida Yamato - 2nd year in high school. Even as a high school student, he continues to be in a band as bass and vocals, as he had in middle school. His Digimon partner is Gabumon.

Takenouchi Sora - 2nd year in high school. She acts as the "big sister" who organizes/settles the group of Chosen Children. She is classmates with Taichi. Her Digimon partner is Piyomon.

Yagami Taichi - 2nd year in high school. He is part of the soccer club in school and continues to fervently train for soccer every day, but lately has started to decide on his career path. His Digimon partner is Agumon.

Tachikawa Mimi - 1st year in high school. She has a cheerful, expressive personality. Currently she is living away from Japan, in America. Her Digimon partner is Palmon.

Kido Jou- 3rd year in high school. He attends prep school to prepare for university exams and is engrossed with studying daily but worries because he isn't getting the grades that he wants. His Digimon partner is Gomamon.

Izumi Koushiro- 1st year in high school. He is skilled at computers and has both the ability to analyze and understand situations. Sometimes he gets so absorbed with what's in front of him that he ignores everything else. His Digimon partner is Tentomon.

And more of that Animedia shot we had previously seen...

Image Thumbnail

Thanks to various Twitter users for the images and for Riplash for the heads up.

Thanks to artbooksNAT for the much better Animedia scans.

Previous Digimon Adventure tri discussion thread is here, and feel free to continue any previous discussions.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If some of the guesstimate translations are correct we might have the first actual plot/character detail from Zero-Two showing up, and it isn't for Hikari or Takeru, it appears Yamato's band is mentioned, along with his same instruments.

Wuqinglong

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll translate this once I get home in a bit if no one else has by then. May take awhile as it is more than just an ad and I am super lazy/easily distracted. Yay Digimon news!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll translate this once I get home in a bit if no one else has by then. May take awhile as it is more than just an ad and I am super lazy/easily distracted. Yay Digimon news!
I have sent it some of our translators, they just happen to not be around at the moment.

If you get back before they do it'll be appreciated (there are some pseudo translations out there, but tracking them back to their original sources even has the sources saying they don't know Japanese and kind of guessed their way through it.)

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are some tidbits that I can at least make out and were stated by a friend on twitter. But what else it says it a mystery for now.
Taichi's states he trains hard at soccer, as seen in the tri. pv.
Yamato's states he is still in his band as the singer and bass player.
Sora's says something about her being the big sister and is also Taichi's classmate.
Hikari's says something about her being popular among Taichi's soccermates(Not confirmed.) She likes Ice cream. Why they made that a point I'll never know.
Takeru is popular among the girls.(Not Confirmed.)

I would also take this with a grain of salt because there iss till a chance it could be fake somehow.. I mean, 10 day before leak? suspicious~~

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Takeru being popular with the girls is apparently one of Patamon's comments on the new Digivice model.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Silly me, it was animedia that these are from.. Not v-jump. *shakes head* But anyway. Takeru also states he has a good relationship with his brother despite living apart as said by a friend on Twitter.
that does make me wonder if the divorce will come to play in the plot..

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yagami Hikari - 2nd year in middle school. She's popular with the boys in her brother's soccer club due to her cute charm. She loves ice cream. Her Digimon partner is Tailmon.
Takaishi Takeru - 2nd year in middle school. He appears to be popular with the girls in school. While he lives separately from his brother due to their parents' circumstances, they get along very well. His Digimon partner is Patamon.
Kido Jou - (It's cut off, but it looks like it says he's completely focused on studying but not everything is going as planned, so he's feeling troubled)
Ishida Yamato - 2nd year in high school. Even as a high school student, he continues to be in a band as bass and vocals, as he had in middle school. His Digimon partner is Gabumon.
Takenouchi Sora - 2nd year in high school. She acts as the "big sister" who organizes/settles the group of Chosen Children. She is classmates with Taichi. Her Digimon partner is Piyomon.
Yagami Taichi - 2nd year in high school. He is part of the soccer club in school and continues to fervently train for soccer every day, but lately has started to decide on his career path. His Digimon partner is Agumon.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kido Jou - (It's cut off, but it looks like it says he's completely focused on studying but not everything is going as planned, so he's feeling troubled)
Thank you Onkei! I was afraid you'd be too busy so I didn't want to bother you too much.. But i appreciate your translation very much!

Hikari being the cutecharm for Taichi's teammates is very suspicious. >> Wonder what this could meeeaaan.
Interesting they specified Taichi looking for a career path. I think someone even wanted this in tri. in the "What do you want to happen in tri." Topic.
Makes me wonder if Takeru's and Yamato's family situation, Hikari's helplessness, Jou's over-studying, and Taichi's career path will indeed play into the plot somehow... Which does seem like a slice of life path. We shall see once we get the other two I guess. Strange how we haven't seen them.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only thing I find weird is the mention of ice cream. What does that have to do with anything? Could they literally think of nothing else interesting to say about Hikari?

Wuqinglong

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^ someone beat me to it

The only thing I find weird is the mention of ice cream. What does that have to do with anything? Could they literally think of nothing else interesting to say about Hikari?
Who doesn't like ice cream though? But seriously, Hikari may have little time devoted to her for character exploration but she has more than this at least, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinraisei

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't be surprised if Joe's focus--and the resulting stress--play a part in Tri.. He was reading a copy of a Medical School Entrance Exam book in the 2nd PV (albeit, happily.). What are the odds of someone making it into Medical School (or Medical School-track program) straight out of High School? I imagine one would require extremely high scores. :(

Curious what Izzy and Mimi's say. I wonder what career path Tai's chosen. To go into the Foreign Service in most countries (I can speak for Canada and France, kind of) you need the absolute right degree, a number of years experience elsewhere (or be very lucky and start at the bottom as a clerk) and pick a good university and finish with good results. Then go and do well on the Foreign Service Exams and interviews. Could be he goes with something unrelated at first, I'm curious to see how that plays out! Thanks for the translation!

(There could also be a crisis which occurs which vaults him into the higher ranks of the Foreign Service due to him being a Chosen, I dunno *shrugs*.)

I've been browsing around Twitter and nothing of Izzy, Joe nor Mimi's profiles have shown up, yet. Comments are interesting, but simple from other users, haha.

If some of the guesstimate translations are correct we might have the first actual plot/character detail from Zero-Two showing up, and it isn't for Hikari or Takeru, it appears Yamato's band is mentioned, along with his same instruments.
Hmm!

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am happy that some mention of Zero Two is brought up, but I am keeping my hopes low, of course. Just keeping a glimmer of hope in my pocket. Since it can be taken as generic character continuity... But on the other hand they may just be keeping Zero Two aspects intact, but not the kids...
Also, Yamato and Sora's profiles make no mention of them being in a relationship. *runs like hell.*

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, the soccer club Taichi a member of extends from grade school to high school?

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am happy that some mention of Zero Two is brought up, but I am keeping my hopes low, of course. Just keeping a glimmer of hope in my pocket. Since it can be taken as generic character continuity... But on the other hand they may just be keeping Zero Two aspects intact, but not the kids...
Also, Yamato and Sora's profiles make no mention of them being in a relationship. *runs like hell.*
Yup, this makes me a little more hopeful... but I'm not fully convinced on everything in Zero Two being relevant. Keeping my fingers crossed though!

Kari's profile is kind of hilarious with the ice cream. Also, the high school kids in the soccer club are interested in middle schooler Kari? lol. Get it girl!

Eagerly anticipating Mimi & Koushiro's profile. Wonder if New York will be mentioned in Mimi's

CoDL

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly same here. I don't want 02 to be retconned, but I've kinda accepted the likelihood that it is. But it still is nice to see Yamato having some connection to who he was in 02 even if it's no longer canon.

Apashi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm stoked that Yamato is still in a band! Not only because I love him in a band but also because HE WAS ONLY IN A BAND IN 02!!
Not exactly stoked that my two innocent little kids are popular with the opposite sex. xD

smilewolfy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh wow, so a little hint about 02, interesting~

Kari's profile was quite vague, I hope she's not downplayed into the popular nice girl, but maybe they're giving such vague info about her, like her favourite ice cream, because she has something more important that would be a spoiler for the plot?

Sora being the elder sister, or mother of the group, I really like that, and am happy she has something besides a romance plot ^^

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just waiting for there to be a parody of Kari (Hikari) having a profile on some online dating website. Instead of "I enjoy long walks on the beach" it would say "I enjoy long walks eating ice cream." Or "I enjoy a good book eating ice cream."

I somehow sense this is calling for Seymour…

Oh, yeah, and point mentioning Matt's band which appeared in 02. The word "interesting" indeed seems apropos.

Status
Not open for further replies.