Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1 Home Video Release information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have release information.

Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1- Reunion will come out on home video in Japan on December 18th.

The first production run will include a theater brochure and a plastic sleeve (and apparently will come in a digipak.)

The DVD will be 7000 yen, the Blu-ray will be 8000 yen.

No news on any extras or potential language options yet.

I'm posting the new poster here, but there was some minor discussion in the prior thread.

Image Thumbnail

Pre-orders are already up for importers, and Amazon Japan will have a special version exclusive to them, that will cost the same price as the normal version (whether this is the first print version or not I'm not 100% sure.) Amazon is currently showing higher prices than those being reported by various anime sites but at checkout the prices appear as reported.

Blu-ray Pre-order (Amazon JP Exclusive Edition)
Blu-ray Pre-order
DVD Pre-order (Amazon JP Exclusive Edition)
DVD Pre-order

Edit- Confirming the premium animation format (rather than being a theatrical film) the theatrical run for Chapter 1 will not only be only 3 weeks, it appears it will only be in 10 theaters in Japan, and it also appears a limited number of Blu-rays will be sold at the theaters to people who pay to see it in theaters.

For those not near theaters digital services will have it for rental when it's in theaters.

This type of release seems to mirror what Bandai does for their premium animation releases.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, that poster is Amazing.....

This is not just shaping up to be a good Digimon anime. But a good Anime in it's own right if you get what I am trying to say!

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm very glad they've planned a concrete release date for DVD. Means it's accessible for us international fans.
The poster looks incredible too.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I shouldn't have to be writing this, but with the post I just removed + edits on another post. Lets not go with the speculation on when someone will sub it/translate it...

YoKozo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So if the listing is right, looks like the first film will be 80 minutes.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So if the listing is right, looks like the first film will be 80 minutes.

We can hope, although I wouldn't be shocked if Amazon is just guessing, as they've done that before.

The release schedule at this point confirms they aren't movies, but rather (as expected) Gundam Unicorn style "Premium Animation" episodes that are getting a limited theatrical screening.

krfz41

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This news is great! So the movies will be available to the international fans. Poster looks great. I got even more excited for the new PV.

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And that's me pre-ordered the Amazon Exclusive BD :D

Cost me (including shipping and everything): 11,400 yen (around 60 quid). Thankfully amazon doesn't charge until shipping.

Abysswalker90

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is Yamato sitting on Alphamon's sword hilt?

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is Yamato sitting on Alphamon's sword hilt?

Yes. It makes me wonder about the fact that Omnimon and Alphamon will fight.

For those of us who don't know what it means, what are 'premium episodes?'

Chika

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The artwork on the new poster looks absolutely stunning, but as a designer, I'm finding myself really drawn to the way the typography is laid out and how the direction of the text flows with the art. It looks so sleek, which, from what I've gathered, isn't as common in Japanese graphic design. Props to whomever Bandai has for designing all of the promotional material in tri..

I'm definitely not expecting tri. to disappoint, but whatever we do end up getting, I think it's pretty safe to say that it's guaranteed that we'll get some awesomely animated battles.

krfz41

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm definitely not expecting tri. to disappoint, but whatever we do end up getting, I think it's pretty safe to say that it's guaranteed that we'll get some awesomely animated battles.

Yeah after watching Cencoroll from the same character designer, and Katanagatari from the same director, I'm confident that the battles won't disappoint us.

TheBiggestDreamer

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm freaking out a little, this is so awesome. If only it came to cinemas in the UK.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cinemas release for Christmas in the rest of the world! How awesome would that be xP but hey, I can still dream...

The poster looks awesome. However, 7000yen for a DVD seems too expensive. I know we haven't seen this kind of material in ages, but it should at least include discount coupons for the other 5 films/OVAs/whatever

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That poster is epic. But it's worth mentioning the earlier PV's animation quality was nowhere near that gorgeous.
Maybe Yamato sitting on Owryuken's hilt is meant to signify that Alphamon is not an enemy, and that he and Omegamon are just rival-ish friends.

Why do I get the feeling that the big Omegamon vs. Alphamon fight is going to be featured in the first episode rather than be the big climax that the whole film series would lead up to?
Regarding this reply from the previous thread... I was under the impression the first PV was only for the first episode.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want a high-res picture of that poster. I wonder when they will post one online.

I need it.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That poster is epic. But it's worth mentioning the earlier PV's animation quality was nowhere near that gorgeous.
Maybe Yamato sitting on Owryuken's hilt is meant to signify that Alphamon is not an enemy, and that he and Omegamon are just rival-ish friends.

Regarding this reply from the previous thread... I was under the impression the first PV was only for the first episode.
Well, this is a poster, these usually have more details than an animation. Not to mention the artists are different. Still, the animation of PV looks great.

I think that some parts of PV could be parts of opening, then maybe some things do not happen as shown (openings are not completely reliable). I'm not sure if the fight between Omegamon and Alphamon will happen so soon.

Last edited:

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sorry if asking for this is not allowed, but has that PV you're talking about already been uploaded to youtube/another streaming platform? I'm a bit lost about that :/ Until reading so many comments about a new PV, I thought we just got the poster and the new toys/DVD's info

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was talking about the PV we got some months ago.
I don't think any new PVs have been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.