Digimon Adventure tri. Announcement, Release Date and PV discussion,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So if it's a movie or OVA, it means higher quality animation than the TV series would get but I admit I'm disappointed about no TV anime series.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It should be noted, from the text below the YouTube video, that besides the previously announced rearrangmenets of ‘Butter-Fly’ and ‘Brave Heart’, AiM will be performing a remixed version of ‘I Wish’. Notably this is indicated specifically as the part one ending, while the other two, immediately above it, are not; this would seem to imply that future episodes will have other endings.

I’d be more disappointed than I am if not for the fact that, 1) >Toei; and 2) a solid six hours of film is about eighteen episodes of television when you cut out intros and outros, and nine hours would be like twenty-seven, a full half-year — with much better animation.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I must say that the trailer is great. The characters look much better than I expected. I wonder who will be the seiyuus.

It seems that we will see a battle between Alphamon and Omegamon, that will be interesting.

The trailer seems to suggest that we will see Taichi vs Yamato again.

PS: Taichi has his googles.

Last edited:

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also chapter one is titled 再会 (Saikai, ‘Reunion’). The language of 劇場上映 (‘theatre screenings’) leads me to suspect that it will in fact be an OVA with special theatrical release, but that level of Japanese comprehension is well beyond my pay grade.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. That looks incredible. Those fight scenes are going to be boss.
I wonder how Taichi managed to weasel his goggles back from Daisuke.
Release date is so late! I thought we'd at least get an episode before summer break for school students.
But the movie aspect is pretty interesting. I wasn't going to watch it on tv anyways haha. So I'm pretty neutral on that.

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow didn't see the ova thing coming....
Although part of me did expect new VAs for the kids and a money shot of the goggles :p

Galactic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The teaser is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN9xpqG1giY. There is also a subbed version at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN9xpqG1giY but it's missing the information about the release and “festival”. I’m afraid it does say “six parts” and “Part 1: Reunion, 2015-11-21”, but I hope I got that wrong.

I still haven’t got used to the new designs for the children, but the fight scenes were awesome.

Alpha-Crimson

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait.. will these parts be in theater, or streamed like this? I really hope it's streamed, because if it's theater release, we won't see them for MONTHS after.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not Toei if it doesn't feel like a smack in the face. Regardless of the shock of EVERY child being recasted, beautiful trailer.

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fight scenes look high quality so it's almost defo true about the movie stuff. No way that is a 50-episode TV series animation quality.

I am quite suitably hyped now for it.

Also after watching it a second time, I see it's Greymon vs Kuwagamon on earth I think. :D

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay Taichi is being voiced by Kaneki-kun xD

springogeek

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn about the delay, but it will be so worth it! *hops about madly*

theM

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But why did they change all the seiyuus? Hmm... I'm really wondering.
I understand Taichi but the others?
Anyway maybe they can breathe new life into these brilliant characters! :)

Miyako - is that you under the bridge? :confused:
Is she the only one left of 02?
But her digimon looks different...
So it can't be her or they gave her another partner?

Last edited:

Stuart444

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait.. will these parts be in theater, or streamed like this? I really hope it's streamed, because if it's theater release, we won't see them for MONTHS after.
Cinemas/theaters. No idea when it will be shown in the west. I'm more worried about the UK than the US. US guys might get a limited cinema release (might that is lol) while the UK probably won't.

THAT said, with an official trailer with english subs, they will be releasing it overseas at some point. It's just a matter of when I'd assume. Hopefully sooner than later.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Am I the only one who saw the parallel between Agumon now hugging an older Taichi instead of Taichi hugging Greymon... like in the credits of the first movie :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :') :')

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cast list:

Natsuki Hanae as Taichi Yagami
Yoshimasa Hosoya as Yamato Ishida
Suzuko Mimori as Sora Takenouchi
Mutsumi Tamura as Kōshirō Izumi
Hitomi Yoshida as Mimi Tachikawa
Junya Ikeda as Jō Kido
Junya Enoki as Takeru Takaishi
MAO as Hikari Yagami

New imagine as well from the Digimon website:

Image Thumbnail

TedBanias

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can't say I'm not fairly disappointed about the delay, and the differing format. While I understand it brings better animation quality and such, I'm more concerned on its international release level. I sincerely hope if it is to be a theatrical release scenario that Toei are already in talks with licensing companies to get them dubbed and released as soon as they finish their theatrical run. Waiting for anime movie releases can be a painful business.

That said, there's definitely exciting stuff in the PV. The characters all look great, the remix of Butterfly was awesome, and there are a good few things to fuel speculation. The girl under the bridge is clearly clutching a digimon, and from what I can tell, it's brand-new, and some form of 3-tailed cat with a double-helix-motif. And Taichi's statement that 'This world has chosen the reality and the future that shouldn't have been chosen' is an incredibly ominous and intriguing statement to kick off your series with.

Status
Not open for further replies.