Digimon Adventure tri. Airing on German Pay TV, Confirmed

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It appears we have the first news of a non Japanese release of tri episode 1.

The German version of the pay TV channel Animax will air tri on November 22nd at 8:15pm with Japanese audio and German subtitles.

It will air in a 110 minute timeslot.

Thus far the Animax schedule shows no evidence that they plan to repeat it.

This is a day after the Japanese theatrical and digital premiere of tri.

Thanks to SabsyX for the news.

Hopefully this means other countries will get viewings of tri sooner rather than later.

Edit- No specific news on what this means (listing went up before an official announcement most likely), but Animax has removed any listing or mention of tri.

Edit- Thanks to krfz41 for pointing out that the program listing is still up for tri even if they've removed it from their schedule for the time being.

Edit- Animax in Germany has confirmed they will be airing it and they are still listing it for 110 minutes.

Image Thumbnail

krfz41

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At first I saw an article and didn't believe it, but I checked the channel's schedule, and it looks like it's true. Great news!

Last edited:

ChibiGoku

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Checking the schedule, it seems that it may have removed. I can't find it anymore. Probably went up too early before a proper announcement...?

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm praying to Yggdrasil that this isn't just some bizarre error on the part of some random intern at animax and we do get subs for this as soon as possible.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. That's pretty cool. Congrats to the German fans. Hope this leads to more international airings/releases sooner than later.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this is a big surprise. Who would have thought this. Really. Can't wait to hear about this from our German members.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If this was indeed said before an official announcement. I'm gld we have some reason to hope for international release more than i thought we would. I expected just a dvd with multiple languages on it.. But airing it on tv stations is great. Or would be, at least.

smilewolfy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this certainly gives the rest of us more hope we'll see the movie sooner rather than later. Maybe the announcement that's happening in the next few days will be regarding this?

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's weird how close that date is. You'd think they would want to get the word out a little more in advance, especially if that was an early leak. Nice to hear some kind of news of seeing this overseas though.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
too bad it's just pay-tv... and "sky" at that which is one of the more expensive services. There are other services which, very confusingly, offer different versions of animax but it seems only the sky versions will air tri. our TV gets one of the other versions of the channel. instead of tri that one airs the second Berserk movie.

Sky also has some interesting follow ups to tri, "the Grudge 2" and "Mardock Scramble: the third exhaust"(I really like the mardock scramble movies but in isolation they don't really make sense) not that it means anything.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's incredible news!!! I was wondering if maybe we'd get a theatrical showing of part 1 subbed and I initially lost hope, but at least this is kind of something.
Maybe this will be fodder for more -- who knows.

SabsyX

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I guess I did post it in the wrong thread, my bad.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch it as I don't have SKY.
I was pretty surprised to find out about it. Lucky Germans! But Digimon always has been a big hit here.

Maybe there'll be news soon considering other countries. I can only hope so for the rest.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Generic warning since I've had to edit posts.

Do not talk about finding or trying to find bootlegs.

This also is not the place to talk about the Japanese iTunes or other digital storefront releases which we have known about for months.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news post with confirmation from Animax Germany, a promo image, and a link to their news about it.

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so happy for you German fans!! That's amazing.

And I think it could be good news for other fans around the world as well. :)

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, look at that. So I can actually watch this movie legally one day after release, eh?
I had not expected that. (Though it means I have to go over to a friend who actually does have Sky...)

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Question: What is Sky? Is it like pay per view? Is it like a Movie/Sports Channel package? It sounds like that. Thank you.