Digimon Adventure: Trailer and show begins April 5th

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly looks like it will blow tri out of the water and the canon if it wasn’t abandoned already
And more importantly to undo Adventure 02's ending.
Tri and Kizuna really should have just popped a bullet into 02's canon regardless of how it breaks continuity.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly looks like it will blow tri out of the water and the canon if it wasn’t abandoned already
Adventure 2020 will be a totally new story in a new continuity. I don't know how its is related with Tri (which is part of the old continuity).

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Art and animation look amazing!
Doesn't look like the whole gang is going to be together right from the start. Maybe we'll get one or two Taichi-focused episodes in the beginning?

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Art and animation look amazing!
Doesn't look like the whole gang is going to be together right from the start. Maybe we'll get one or two Taichi-focused episodes in the beginning?
The episode 1 will likely focus on Taichi and Agumon. However, it is pretty likely the other characters will appear too (at least, as a cameo).

Based on the character profiles, it seems that Koushiro, Hikari and Takeru are going to have some focus on Episode 1 too (although it will probably be much smaller than Taichi).

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And more importantly to undo Adventure 02's ending.
Tri and Kizuna really should have just popped a bullet into 02's canon regardless of how it breaks continuity.
02’s ending really shot themselves in the foot, they should have left it vague, and honestly daemon should have been the final boss not myotismon who they literally beat twice the last season, but because of 02 he’s the season 1 characters equivalent of ganondorf

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man I'm dumb as hell, I thought the show started two days ago and was confused as to why no one was talking about the episode or anything.

I really hope this new Adventure does well with kids. Even if I end up not caring for it, I'd love for a new generation of kids to enjoy Digimon like I did when I was young. Maybe if it gets a (timely) English dub I can watch it with my little niece that I made my fanmon quilt for!

Mon-Ohma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems promissing. The animation looks respectable enough out of what we typically expect from Toei. But then, that wasn't really what made the original so popular in the first place in all fairness. Give us the pizza and not just the crust (sorry couldn't resist : P).

Though I'm interested to see how the digivolving process will be executed. I hope they don't go too retro.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll be curious to see what kind of character development Taichi and the others will get, considering their growth in Adventure revolved around their Crest traits. AFAIK we don't even know if these guys will even have the same personalities anymore.