Digimon Adventure: Title Change and/or Sequel Mentioned in October Gacha Pre-Orders

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They wouldn't have two protags share a Digimon in a connected series. Calm down.

I mean they already did that with the original Joe and Cody. Plus like 12 human characters have Gaiomon in this franchise.
Many characters have Gaioumon true, just like many characters have Agumon, but those characters don't share a universe, that's why Cody having Vikemon is an issue. I'm fine with a situation like Mimi and Yoshi both having Rosemon, but two different Digimon in the same cast should not share a Digivolution, especially when there are so many different Digimon species.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They wouldn't have two protags share a Digimon in a connected series. Calm down.

I mean they already did that with the original Joe and Cody. Plus like 12 human characters have Gaiomon in this franchise.
Many characters have Gaioumon true, just like many characters have Agumon, but those characters don't share a universe, that's why Cody having Vikemon is an issue. I'm fine with a situation like Mimi and Yoshi both having Rosemon, but two different Digimon in the same cast should not share a Digivolution, especially when there are so many different Digimon species.

I felt the same when Keisuke and Chitose both had a Seadramon in Hacker's Memory, whilst Chitose and Yu both had a Whamon. HM doubling up in that lmao.

Anyway, they seem set on SlashAngemon which I dislike as it doesn't really focus on Armadillomon.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I felt the same when Keisuke and Chitose both had a Seadramon in Hacker's Memory, whilst Chitose and Yu both had a Whamon. HM doubling up in that lmao.

Anyway, they seem set on SlashAngemon which I dislike as it doesn't really focus on Armadillomon.
Yeah, but each character also had a primary partner they were closest to, and those didn't repeat. Chitose's primary partner was Ankylomon. And Keisuke can have literally any obtainable partner, so of course there's going to be some someone else had, but his main team is Tentomon, Betamon and Gotsumon. And eventually it ends up with no one (aside from potentially Keisuke) having the same Digimon on their team, so it works out.
But in the anime, characters don't have multiple partners except in very rare cases (like Wallace.)

Last edited:

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah, but each character also had a primary partner they were closest to, and those didn't repeat. Chitose's primary partner was Ankylomon. And Keisuke can have literally any obtainable partner, so of course there's going to be some someone else had, but his main team is Tentomon, Betamon and Gotsumon. And eventually it ends up with no one (aside from potentially Keisuke) having the same Digimon on their team, so it works out.
But in the anime, characters don't have multiple partners except in very rare cases (like Wallace.)

Keisukes dudes evolved to champion in the manga. That's why I mentioned Seadramon. Chitose has one in HM so it's two Seadramon in one continuity.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch it be pins of characters with their megas? lol

If 02 happens...im just hoping for all characters being able to share digieggs among each other...and especially a Mega (original??) mega for Armadillomon xD

omg and daemon!!! new villain?? since myotismon isnt as really the villain (from what we watching so far haha)

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to the Japanese, these are going to be roleplay items that light up. Most likely crest/tags or something along the lines of the Digivice keychains we got before.
After thinking about it... It seems really likely to be what Actar said. Could be the 6 crests of the children except Yamato and Taichi. Hmmm maybe we will have more news in the Digifest?

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to the Japanese, these are going to be roleplay items that light up. Most likely crest/tags or something along the lines of the Digivice keychains we got before.
After thinking about it... It seems really likely to be what Actar said. Could be the 6 crests of the children except Yamato and Taichi. Hmmm maybe we will have more news in the Digifest?

Or alternately, the six Crests of the kids except Takeru and Hikari, who true to form might get theirs later.

Brubarb

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bet it's a season 2, I can't see the current Digimon ending in 10 episodes. My guess is that the season will end after discovering more about their crests. Then season 2 will be about the great catastrophe or whatever

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, given that all the Megas have been introduced this time around, I'm not sure what else they'd be able to do.

At this point the premise of 02 is obsolete, at least the first half featuring Armor evolution. Jogress could still be featured, but Tai and Co. would need to be cast aside.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is my worst guess: it could be another Taichi and co's Adventure in another universe. Not the V-Tamer one, not the 1999 nor 2020. Another Taichi from that one specific panel in V-Tamerx2020 crossover manga.

Nevermind.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm undecided on whether I'll invest in A2020, but I am curious, as this is a reboot, did the crest episode at a bare minimum acknowledge the presence of other crests, or did it just cite the core eight? I'm just curious as to whether this means that they're going to acknowledge the crest of Kindness as canon within this incarnation.

Fugitivo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I highly doubt we are getting a sequel. Considering there is space for (at most) 12 episodes before October, at this pace I doubt all the remaining ultimates and all the crests will be obtained by then (and then there's Omegamon). My guess is that there will be another season until March with 20 or so episodes, with some more filler in between.

I don't know, I'm kinda pessimistic about Adventure: ending soon. I guess the episode listings for july will shed some light on this issue.

However, given that Adventure: has been relatively successful, I can imagine that a sequel is in the works. 02 kids are still popular and using them in another reboot may be a safe bet.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is rather surprising as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_Adventure_(2020_TV_series)#Public_response says Toei mentioned the series had not been very successful in gaining new generations of children.

Toei seem to attribute this situation to the state of emergency.

So, the sequel may try to attract new audience in some way.

Maybe, but I'm not sure that the monster craze is as big as it was when I was a kid.

I see A2020 as geared towards those with nostalgia for the original series. If they wanted to reboot Adventure, they could have gone with a radically different cast and combined the best elements from the two incarnations within that universe. Maybe even make it a prequel with Maki's group.

But given that we already knew where the show was going etc., I'm not sure that it was just the pandemic.

Frontier, IMO, was an attempt at really shaking things up, with a less bloated cast, but didn't perform as well. Personally, I blame this on lack of cohesive direction, and the fact that the core target audience aged out of the franchise.

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm undecided on whether I'll invest in A2020, but I am curious, as this is a reboot, did the crest episode at a bare minimum acknowledge the presence of other crests, or did it just cite the core eight? I'm just curious as to whether this means that they're going to acknowledge the crest of Kindness as canon within this incarnation.
It was just the eight. But then, there were only eight in the first series too.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was just the eight. But then, there were only eight in the first series too.

True, but if they ever elected to reboot 02, and they happened to include Ken's crest within the story, it would make for some awkward storytelling. They can't fall back on it not being conceived of at the time of the reboot, if they did potentially intend to reboot 02. Leaving it open like, "But these are just some of many crests which have survived, with some having been lost to time, or awaiting to be awakened.", or something to that effect.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is rather surprising as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_Adventure_(2020_TV_series)#Public_response says Toei mentioned the series had not been very successful in gaining new generations of children.

Toei seem to attribute this situation to the state of emergency.

So, the sequel may try to attract new audience in some way.

Maybe, but I'm not sure that the monster craze is as big as it was when I was a kid.

I see A2020 as geared towards those with nostalgia for the original series. If they wanted to reboot Adventure, they could have gone with a radically different cast and combined the best elements from the two incarnations within that universe. Maybe even make it a prequel with Maki's group.

But given that we already knew where the show was going etc., I'm not sure that it was just the pandemic.

Frontier, IMO, was an attempt at really shaking things up, with a less bloated cast, but didn't perform as well. Personally, I blame this on lack of cohesive direction, and the fact that the core target audience aged out of the franchise.
It's a weird excuse anyways - TV consumption went up during the pandemic, so it shouldn't effect anything but maybe merch sales. The ratings and response from viewers would logically remain unchanged.