Digimon Adventure: Title Change and/or Sequel Mentioned in October Gacha Pre-Orders

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm all for anything they send our way! Not really a fan of 02 but I would be excited regardless for anything Digimon.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As long as it begets more new Digimon

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You wanna bet if they do actually decide to remake 02, they’ll find some way to keep Taichi on as the central figure.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also the Gacha items are listed for a october release... doesn't mean whatever they are tied to is getting an october release does it?

But I mean while I do want some sort of follow up- be it something set in a new world entirely (like tamers, frontier, and savers in relation to Adventure's world) We can probably rule out anything that resembles the 02 we knew, like why would Pata suddenly need some new trinket to go Pegasmon? Of course we have no clue how the show will end so can't really rule out some plot device at the end causing our main mons to go Missing/get trapped to explain why Tai doesn't jsut bust out Wargreymon and wipe the floor with everything.

But i thought of sometihng what if its some sort of OVA/ONA thing like an epilogue that could work decently i think allow for some last minute merc without the need to force more characters into this story line. Though sadly if it does go down a OVA/ONA route I fear we'll have yet another 4 year gap or so.

Little Matt

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be exact on that those Japanese words actully translate to Digimon Adventure: Later Show but either way even if it’s just shorts I need more reboot

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You wanna bet if they do actually decide to remake 02, they’ll find some way to keep Taichi on as the central figure.
Considering that Daisuke is by far the most controversial Digimon protagonist, it wouldn’t exactly come out of left field.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be exact on that those Japanese words actully translate to Digimon Adventure: Later Show but either way even if it’s just shorts I need more reboot
A literal translation is worthless when we know what those words 'mean'.

後番組 means successor/follow-up TV series.

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Iiiinteresting. I feel like whatever it is, it probably won't be an 02 Thing, just because Toei doesn't seem that interested in doing much with 02, since the 02 kids aren't cash cows the way the 01 kids are. But I would love to be wrong about that, so I'm looking forward to more news coming out about this.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Me too. That's why I hope that we ahve the same cast or with additions?!

Honestly, I don't want additional characters in Adventure 2020. The current staff seems to have many problems to handle 8 characters.
Well not main characters but rather some side characters. But I get what you mean.
According to the Japanese, these are going to be roleplay items that light up. Most likely crest/tags or something along the lines of the Digivice keychains we got before.
Hopefully.
I'm all for anything they send our way! Not really a fan of 02 but I would be excited regardless for anything Digimon.
I am not a fan of 02. I used to watch it but I wouldn't like a reboot of it. Hope its something else.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the 66 episodes does end up being accurate then the show would end in September and have around a month before this if it would be intended to start in October. If it didn't take a break then I guess adventure: could have around 70 episodes.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just the same cast and not 02.

Interesting to see that it doesn't appear to be done with with just this current series though. Maybe it got another year

If those six circles are the Digimon I guess that lines up with Veemon, Wormmon, Armadillomon, Hawkmon, Patamon, and Gatomon...
This season of Adventure: could end on September 18th (66th episode) then we have a week of hiatus and the new season begins on October 2nd.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm. I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, 02 was such a mess, with so many hanging plot threads left unresolved, that I don't really want a reboot because chances are it won't touch them.
but on the other hand I just want the other 02 kids to get their Ultimates in an animated format (and please, for the love of Yggdrasil, give Iori something, anything, other than Vikemon)

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They wouldn't have two protags share a Digimon in a connected series. Calm down.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They wouldn't have two protags share a Digimon in a connected series. Calm down.

I mean they already did that with the original Joe and Cody. Plus like 12 human characters have Gaiomon in this franchise.

taz111

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it is a TV series, would love for them to continue with this cast and just introduce new forms etc. They could also introduce other kids along the way too without it getting too cramped. I think one of the many reasons besides plot in 02, was that fans were so used to Tai and company and didn't like that they were put to the side, when in fact, Toei could've had Tai and company Armor digivolve instead, then have them explore their Megas, then DNA evolution after. They could've still had Ken as an enemy.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or they could add new characters and not run the risk of running the current cast into the ground.

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It honestly would not surprise me if they kept Taichi and Yamato in the main cast, and then had new characters join those two. Or if they brought in a whole set of new characters, for that matter.

But this is all just spitballing, at this point.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'll be interesting to see if there's a clear delineation in terms of plot or if it just sort of rolls into the next one. When they switched to the "hunt for the crests" it almost felt like they had basically just taken the first arc of the original Adventure and streeeeeeeeeetched it out to 50-some episodes, and this was the next arc that will take however long. I wonder if it'll end up feeling like OG Power Rangers where at the end they had some vamping before the transition to Zeo.

And for all the "02 kids when", this series has pretty easily zig-zagged around most expectations/predictions, so even if we do get some familiar elements, I doubt it'll go like anybody is assuming.

Exciting times ahead! Can we get some lil' figure gachas again? I liked the capsule mascots.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given it's been four eps since we learned about the Crests, our new villain, and this so-called Great Catastrophe and we've yet to get a concrete answer on any of them, I'm starting to question if we're really going to resolve stuff in the next 10 eps.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This looks like more milking but realistically speaking, if we want more Digimon stuff in the future, this needs to be done. They try to create new market as well as to keep the older fans excitement alive. We can expect all new season with all new digimon (if the rumored sequel will be a reboot or something like that) if Digimon do well in the market. Let's hope for the best.