Digimon Adventure: Teaser and Website Updates

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update!

Just a short tease for now, but that Bandai has it in English (the embedded one above) and Japanese, hopefully it won't be a long wait.

Also, Bandai has renamed their Digimon Twitter. It's now digimonweb_net. The old name no longer has anything officially to do with Digimon.

Plus the Digimon website from Bandai has been updated.

The Bandai Digimon website has been completely redesigned for the first time in quite awhile. They've added a ton of new sections to look around, along with an automatic machine translation feature for the entire website.

The new website logo is styled based on the original Adventure logo.

Toei has also put up a new website for the show

Toei's site also reveals the director of the new show- Masato Mitsuka. He was the series director for Maho Girls Pretty Cure, and did assistant and/or episode directing for Digimon Fusion, Dragon Ball Super, Kitaro (2018), among many other shows.

In addition, details for the various producers:
Matsuki Ehana is producing for Fuji TV. Finding info for them is a bit harder, but they did the same for Chibi Maruko Chan.
Naoka Sagawa is producing for Yomiuri Advertising. She did similar for the recent Yu Yu Hakusho OVA, Kitaro (2018), Toriko, and Dragon Ball Kai and Super.
Hiroyuki Sakurada is the Toei producer we knew about prior to this for the series.
Atsushi Takami is another Toei producer (this is another one that's proving a bit hard to find info on) who worked on Kitaro (2018)

Update- Also, separated art of the various bits of the key art for the new show!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

We had the clean Taichi and Agumon art earlier today, but this has alpha layers, and while it's not as large, is very nice and crisp.

Plus a clean logo and icon.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

In addition, for those waiting for Digimon News Navigation later this week...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The stream has a standby page on the new website.

Chika Sakamoto (Agumon) and Mutsumi Tamura (Koushiro) will be guests.

The new Bandai site also comes with a Reference Book update!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Terriermon Joshu
Omegamon Zwart

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd really like to know about the voice casts since some of original children's CV passed away...

icomeanon6

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At first I thought the silhouettes in the trailer were the exact stock poses that are all over the US DVDs and elsewhere, but they are in fact the redesigns for all the kids (or the new clothes, however you want to put it).

I've never seen anything by Masato Mitsuka, but I've heard good response for the new Kitaro. Hope he knocks it out of the park!

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Terriermon Joshu!

Yeah, whatever, I'm hyped for the new series. So soon!

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some anime sites say it's unclear whether this is a remake or a reboot and it's pretty obvious it's a reboot with new canon. Hikari is with them, Patamon nor Tailmon are present, and the Digimon are going to real world.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Patamon and Tailmon teaming up with young kids in so much later episodes will make it very entertaining to watch knowing Angel types come to save the day in epic hero arriving style!

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon are going all in on the new anime. I can not wait to see the first episode in April. I just hope they have Digimon from 1999 on to present. I love Elecmon and Chuumon, but I also want to see if they left room for Dorumon and Liollmon.

totentanz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woah they redid the site! That hasn't changed in so long I don't remember it as any other way, at least like 15 or 16 years.

Cardcaptor Takato

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if this is new music that we can expect to hear in the show or is it just music done for the trailer?

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if this is new music that we can expect to hear in the show or is it just music done for the trailer?
That is probably the trailer music. Of this being Adventure, They probably do another version of Koji Wada's Butterfly as the music to begin the episodes.

UltraMan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
sometimes i think this gonna be april fool lol , I really wanted a new show with new charecters i am so sick of tai and his team by now

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jou's trousers and shoes make more sense considering his formal shirt and sweater vest combo.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have been looking forward to the relaunch of the Digimon.net site, not because I’m expecting much of a difference in quality but more out of principle since the previous migration to that p-boys subsite always seemed like an awkward transition phase and that kind of irked me, like how much do they value Digimon as a brand when it’s apparently not worth having its own website.
And of course it makes sense to relaunch the website in the time of big announcements, when people’s eyes are on the franchise, and I guess now we know what announcement they were waiting for.
Not much to say about the site itself really, it’s a clean design, it works (although performance wise I expect some tweaks later) and the new logo is… fine I guess.
The machine translated english version of the site is semi helpful I guess. At least for some of the static pages I do hope that some actual translator goes over them at some point but my hopes are not high. But at least now people can look at the “About Digimon” page see without needing to google translate themselves that Digimon have no gender and don’t sexually reproduce.

There’s not much to see on the Adventure: site yet but the clan background is somewhat interesting as we get a good view of the big explosion sphere in the background, which I hope is more than a random eyecatcher.
I’m still not sure what exactly it is, it could perhaps be something else then an explosion, just some other kind strange energy… thingy but it does appear to scorch the ground around it.
Other interesting visual tidbits that were not that apparent on the weirdly scaled poster is that the sky has a subtle honeycomb pattern and indeed many of the background shapes feature stylized digital artifacts; Now I’m aware that all this could be exaggerated or even simply made up by the poster, but it does make me curious about what style the new Anime will use for its portrayal of the Digital World. The surreal watercolor-ish look of the old Adventure Digital World is fairly iconic (and some of the forest parts of the new poster do have a similar deliberately splotchy look about them), but this could be an interpretation that stresses the “cyber” feel more than previously.

That is probably the trailer music. Of this being Adventure, They probably do another version of Koji Wada's Butterfly as the music to begin the episodes.
I don’t think the question was about the music being from the opening, but rather if it could be random piece of the new soundtrack in general.
I do think it’s generic trailer music mostly because it sounds… well very generic. (I have no idea how far in advance anime soundtracks usually get recorded).

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suspect that the Reference Book update being smaller was do to the whole site getting overhauled, I can't imagine wanting to added a dozen new profiles when you're already updating every profile already in the DRB.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suspect that the Reference Book update being smaller was do to the whole site getting overhauled, I can't imagine wanting to added a dozen new profiles when you're already updating every profile already in the DRB.
Something like the reference book (or picture book I guess) would be built around loading information from a database.

They would not have to 'update' every page to make that happen, simply change what gets called and where from the database.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I imagine that still required debugging to make sure underlying code of the Reference Book actually works and that's not even taking into account the fact that urls had to be changed.

Like thank the Almighty that the wiki had the foresight to switch to a module that lists the DRB urls in one place where I can swap out all of them at once. Admittedly said module was for convenience because we had gotten tired of having to input each url every time.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I imagine that still required debugging to make sure underlying code of the Reference Book actually works and that's not even taking into account the fact that urls had to be changed.
While debugging would need to be done, nothing super complicated is being done for the reference book compared to the old version.

No static URLs would require changing for the entries.

The WtW thread we are in now is '22888'. The URL saying 22888 explains to the database what to grab, and everything is put where it belongs based on the setup as given. There is no static 'webpage' for the thread "Digimon Adventure: Teaser and Website Updates", it's the database putting information where it belongs.

For example, at the moment I'm on thread 22888, page 2, showing posts 11 through 16.

Someone else may be on thread 22888, page 1, showing posts 1 through 16, based on their settings for the forum.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fair point, having a good framework will almost certainly simplify programming and debugging in the long run which is presumably why the overhaul was done to begin with.

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, this iteration of Koushiro/Izzy uses a tablet instead of a laptop.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Seems like somebody took the character design of Taichi from the original Adventure and just gave him new clothes. Agumon's design appears to be a copy of his Last Evolution Kizuna design.

I do hope Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru is tied to this and not somebody just copying designs from the original.

I'd really like to know about the voice casts since some of original children's CV passed away...
I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the voice cast will be new.

Last edited: