Digimon Adventure: Special Digest Streaming on Youtube Subbed

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do wonder if Ghoulmon is the Big Boss or just part of the digital world arc? Like we all kinda thought Algomon was the big boss lol
Could be neither. It could be that he doesn't appear outside of flashbacks to an ancient past. And did we all think that Algomon was the big boss? I know I wasn't surprised to see him get taken out.

I digress. We Digimon fans are maybe the most prolific at generating false predictions and misinterpretations of snippets of preview material, so my main takeaway from the new footage is just that Adventure: looks like it's going to keep being a fun ride.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Lopmon line (Turuiemon preference) is my favorite! So, I'm psyched to see a little Cherubimon. I hope it's more than just a cameo appearance (maybe he won't be a temporary enemy this time!)
No Holydramon in that line up, so I wonder if they'll go the Ophanimon route with Tailmon this time. They've been pretty tied between which route they wanted to take so after engaging it in the movies, I think it's fair to do something different for the reboot.
Seeing Rasielmon, I really would not be surprised to see Meiko show up as the new Chosen Child of the series. Every Digimon series needs to have a new character introduced to the team and since the Hikari route has long been spoiled, it might make sense to add someone else.
They won't, they have never strayed away from Holydramon. They made her canon before they created Ophanimon. And speaking of her...This is the chance for them to make her get some real screentime...That is if they dedicate real time to megas that are not Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon and Omegamon....Holydramon needs some good fight scenes and an amazing looking Evolution scene. Tri was a step in the right direction even though she only got one attack off and that's it... Her Evolution animation was great. We can only hope they actually care about her this time. I mean she is part of the Miracle 4 and the 4 Great Dragons. Two powerful groups of Digimon.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They won't, they have never strayed away from Holydramon. They made her canon before they created Ophanimon. And speaking of her...This is the chance for them to make her get some real screentime...That is if they dedicate real time to megas that are not Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon and Omegamon....Holydramon needs some good fight scenes and an amazing looking Evolution scene. Tri was a step in the right direction even though she only got one attack off and that's it... Her Evolution animation was great. We can only hope they actually care about her this time. I mean she is part of the Miracle 4 and the 4 Great Dragons. Two powerful groups of Digimon.
I mean, Adventure PSP was a fairly recent title and it had a Ophanimon as Tailmon's evolution, complete with evolution sequence and attacks voiced by Yuka Tokumitsu. Obviously, they kept the Holydramon route in the Tri movies that they had established in earlier films and games but Ophanimon's creation has given some writers some creative choices with her evolution (we got fall down mode for her dark evolution for example). The current actor to play Takeru originated from PSP too, so I don't think it's an unreasonable question.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Lopmon line (Turuiemon preference) is my favorite! So, I'm psyched to see a little Cherubimon. I hope it's more than just a cameo appearance (maybe he won't be a temporary enemy this time!)
No Holydramon in that line up, so I wonder if they'll go the Ophanimon route with Tailmon this time. They've been pretty tied between which route they wanted to take so after engaging it in the movies, I think it's fair to do something different for the reboot.
Seeing Rasielmon, I really would not be surprised to see Meiko show up as the new Chosen Child of the series. Every Digimon series needs to have a new character introduced to the team and since the Hikari route has long been spoiled, it might make sense to add someone else.
A new character isn't really necessary. Appmon doesn't have a new character as a new member of the group.

It seems Takeru and Hikari will join later to the group. So, they will probably cover "the new digidestined" position.

I hope all Mega (not called WarGreymon and WereGarurumon) receive a better treatment in Adventure 2020.

I really llike Tri, but it sometimes seems they just wanted to get the mega evolution out of the way. This was especially the case with Holydramon and Seraphimon.

Last edited:

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not poor Dominimon drawing the shortest straw!
As for Tailmon, both Holydramon and Ophanimon Falldown mode are excellent choices for her mega. Regular Ophanimon is just...boring.
I am neither here nor there regarding a potential Meiko return (I don't think Rasielmon showing up among the angels would have absolutely anything to do with it either way) but I'd want Meicoomon retconned to rookie stage - it being an adult to mirror tailmon was a terrible creative choice in my eyes, especially since it had the feral mode that could have been used as its proper adult form.
Adventure still functions as a checklist of references, and while it's nice to see all these creatures getting thrown at us at such a fast pace, hopefully we get some actual character development at some point as well.

gambitprime

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my God of thunder ! All of this things they showed in the preview are insane !

Do you think the demon army is sended by the seven Demon Lords to fight against the six Angels and Valdurmon in the video ? I like the theory about the black sphere where Algomon and Shademon born could be the Lucemon Satan Mode, so why not the ancient war was a epic battle between the Angels and the Demons ?

Obviously, the Angels had the help of good Digimons like Greymon, Garurumon, etc

P.S. I don't understand the hiatus, clearly they have material to keep the cartoon in air until at least the episode six

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
P.S. I don't understand the hiatus, clearly they have material to keep the cartoon in air until at least the episode six
Toei probably think Episode 3 is a good point to stop.

If the hiatus last some months, they could even (re)start the anime from Episode 1.

Not to mention that all Toei anime are currently on hiatus.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Im being optimisitc and hoping for Meiko/ Hikari/ Takeru/ 02 Kids to joining after first half of the series xD

Also love how Ophanimon + Meicoomon's Mega are the Females Digimon in the middle of the group picture...maybe Sub Great Angels? hmm

Kuzehiko

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty exciting to see Valcurmon and all the Holy Digimon Angels. So there was a war in the ancient DW between The Holy Digimon Angels and The Demon Lords. Pretty sure Takeru's Patamon was a Seraphimon in that war and it died then happened to reborn as Takeru's partner.

Also, I strongly believe Valcurmon is the responsible for choosing the children and the Omegamon evolution in episode 2. Valcurmon could have given Taichi and Yamato its own power through Hikari and Takeru hence why we see the feathers falling down alongside them and why Greymon and Garurumo were able to suddenly go straight into Omegamon. Also, It might've given them their Digivices too.

So much to process. I am so hyped. Can't wait until the hiatus is over and the series comes back to broadcasting.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...OK, hear me out here... The kids have to fight a big fight but 8 isn't enough. So... they have to get help from... 4 extra kids! ...And Meiko. Yeah, Not sure how young Cody would be then but young versions of Davis and Ken/Miyako. Crazy idea? Yes but this is a different series and I just like Meiko so... it could be a 52 ep series and just cover seasons 1 and 2.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...OK, hear me out here... The kids have to fight a big fight but 8 isn't enough. So... they have to get help from... 4 extra kids! ...And Meiko. Yeah, Not sure how young Cody would be then but young versions of Davis and Ken/Miyako. Crazy idea? Yes but this is a different series and I just like Meiko so... it could be a 52 ep series and just cover seasons 1 and 2.
50 episodes are likely necessary to develop 8 characters. So, I really doubt they add 5 more characters.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking forward to seeing the devil vs angel war. Is cool seeing Clavis and SlashAngemon involved. Varodurumon too. Guess we know where the feathers are from now, not Angemon, but Varodurumon. Guess he'll have a big role to play. Those devil Digimon with staffs could be Phelesmon? they used him in Hunters and it'd be easier for them to reuse him than make Boogiemon art for him to cameo in. Also the ones in the sky really do seem to be BioThunderbirdmon. The head is red, but even if that could be what the regular one has on the underside, the outside jagged bit of the mask sticking out are red like BioThunderbirdmon whilst regular has those as Yellow. It resembles Bio more than regular. Not that it really matters though I guess. edit: actually looks like its a colouring error on the fur, it's supposed to be white and they coloured it red like the beak. its regular Tbmon

and I guess that Seraphimon in the war later belongs to TK (...and Opahimon, I guess..?)

Last edited:

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I enjoyed this short recap of the first 3 episodes the small preview of episode 4 and what’s to come. The angel Digimon and those evil Digimon reminds me of Digimon Frontier, gives me vibes of the celestial Digimon going to war with the human and beast Digimon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
50 episodes are likely necessary to develop 8 characters. So, I really doubt they add 5 more characters.
I was mostly just joking. And I guess I mixed up how long the series were first and how many some shows are now. Since I know how long a core is now.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With all of the V-mon merchandise and promotion in things like Rearize, I could also see the first 26 episodes being 01 remake and the second 26 being a stealth, unnounced 02 remake.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With all of the V-mon merchandise and promotion in things like Rearize, I could also see the first 26 episodes being 01 remake and the second 26 being a stealth, unnounced 02 remake.
The Veemon stuff was for Kizuna, and had Agumon in there as well.

Kotekuma

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I watch Digimon for the Digimon so this clip made me pretty excited. What I really wanted was a whole new batch of Digimon but seeing all these digimon from various parts of the franchise is cool too. I hope they don't forget the Digimon from the past decade though. Everything from Petermon and Ginkakumon to Bluccomon and Vobomon. Judging from the clip we might not be getting those.

Is that certainly Valdurmon in the shot with the angels? The bottom-most one... I can't tell.

I feel bad for you guys that wanted Dominimon. I'm not very invested in that. If the manga exclusive digimon were to ever be adapted into the franchise at large I would hope that Dominimon be made into a perfect. We need more Angel-Digimon at that stage.

The Bio-Digimon seemed to be designed exclusively just for the sake of Saver's story. So I doubt that it's BioThunderbirdmon. Even if they take design cues from it, it would still likely be a Thunderbidrmon with a red head...

If the action and screen time for the Ultimate level partners look similar to Tri's I wouldn't be mad. More Magnadramon but other than that, I thought Tri was pretty balanced.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the manga exclusive digimon were to ever be adapted into the franchise at large I would hope that Dominimon be made into a perfect. We need more Angel-Digimon at that stage.
That's unlikely for a couple reasons, one being that levels nowadays are pretty static. Also, Dominimon outranks ClavisAngemon and SlashAngemon, who are also Ultimates. If we ever get a Principality Digimon, they might make that Perfect-level.