Digimon Adventure: Special Digest Streaming on Youtube Subbed

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

As we found out about a few days ago, to help hold people over during the hiatus they've put together a Digimon Adventure: Special Compilation/Digest.

This is a short compilation version of episodes 1 thru 3, that includes some previews of things to come, including a few surprises that will likely get people excited.

It's subbed on Youtube and embedded above. The English subs use the Youtube captioning setup if you need to turn that on.

We may move this thread to the episode discussion section of the forum after some time has passed, not sure at the moment.

A few screenshots...

Just a small selection of a few things shown off in the compilation.

Attachments

Last edited:

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know a ton of users here are about to be super excited at Clavis Angemon and Slash Angemon in that screenshot
edit: no idea how I overlooked Rasielmon as well. It's a great day for digiangel fans

Last edited:

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Angel Digimon???!!! Excuse me while I squeal.

Mon-Ohma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ghoulmon, ClavisAngemon and Varodurumon? Well this is certainly an unexpected surprise. Getting a few Frontier vibes here. We're certainly getting a lot of Mega/Ultras early on.

The previews also seem to heavily hint Kabuterimon will be debuting in episode 5.

Odditude

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The show is taking chances and going unexpected ways.
I am loving it so far.
Also, while the original is amazing, this series has its mythology better planned.
And it is paying off!

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird that those appear to be BioThunderbirmon in the sky, instead of regular Thunderbirmon.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the angel Digimon, and very excited about ClavisAngemon. Love that he is the only X-antibody Digimon in that group. Also, with Ghoulmon controlling all those Devidramons, wonder if Tsukaimon be in the episode before Patamon.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wow! this means that there is a lot more mythological going on in this series than most previous seasons with the expended Great Angel digimons too...

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So we're getting Ghoulmon, Devidramon, SlashAngemon, ClavisAngemon, Cherubimon, Ofanimon, Seraphimon, Valduramon, Rasielmon, Thunderbirdmon, Brachiomon, Stegomon, Coelamon, Dokugumon, Whamon and Tylomon? And this early too?
Think this might be the season that will show the most wide arrayof Digimon we've ever seen at this rate.
I love how we're getting so many Digimon that people don't usually think of.
There also seems to be a civilisation of sorts?

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm curious about the Digimon that seems to have a "magical feather" in front

So we're getting Ghoulmon, Devidramon, SlashAngemon, ClavisAngemon, Cherubimon, Ofanimon, Seraphimon, Valduramon, Rasielmon, Thunderbirdmon, Brachiomon, Stegomon, Coelamon, Dokugumon, Whamon and Tylomon? And this early too?
Think this might be the season that will show the most wide arrayof Digimon we've ever seen at this rate.
I suspect the Angel Digimon we see in this preview will be part of an story/myth in Episode 5. So, I don't think we will clearly see them yet.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would assume that the Massive demon Digimon army and Angel Group shots are probably flashbacks to that ancient war long ago.
The spires in the background of the army shot match the spires we see appearing from the ruins, so that's probably when the children get some insight into what happened back then.

I wonder if they will say anything about how the other angels are organized around the three great angels in this continuity. I don't think they are expanding the group itself (In the "restored" ruins you can see statues of Seraphimon, Cherubimon and Ofanimon but not of any of the others), but it would be great to see a more organized approach to that sort of lore.

I feel at this point the angel feather symbolism (Which might not be an angel feather at all, but one of Valdurmon's holy feathers) is not exclusively connected to Takeru and Hikari but instead a more general sign of ancient holy things happening.
And honestly I would prefer a more Frontier-like approach to the Chosen Children this time around; the Homeostasis, while interesting in some thematic ways, always kind of felt like they were denying the Digimon themselves agency in how their world is run.

So we're getting Ghoulmon, Devidramon, SlashAngemon, ClavisAngemon, Cherubimon, Ofanimon, Seraphimon, Valduramon, Rasielmon, Thunderbirdmon, Brachiomon, Stegomon, Coelamon, Dokugumon, Whamon and Tylomon?
A few of the silhuettes in front of Deathmon carry pitchforks, so I would assume there are some Boogiemon in addition to Devidramon.

I'm curious about the Digimon that seems to have a "magical feather" in front
Looks like a statue of Valdurmon to me.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why does Ghoulmon look so huuge? An it seems those Devidramon are either facing him or he leads them??

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Secretly hoped Valdurmon would of been Pheonixmon's further evolution :(

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really exciting to see all those Digimon. If only Dominimon was also present.

And honestly I would prefer a more Frontier-like approach to the Chosen Children this time around; the Homeostasis, while interesting in some thematic ways, always kind of felt like they were denying the Digimon themselves agency in how their world is run.
Huh. That might actually be the case, since this time the Children simply stumble across the Digimon and make friends with them, instead of being "destined" to unite (even though Agumon states he already knew Taichi; maybe Agumon is an exception). Plus, it's implied the Digimon already had roles in this Digital World. This could be more akin to Neamon and Bokomon, only they're able to evolve.

Weird that those appear to be BioThunderbirmon in the sky, instead of regular Thunderbirmon.
I think it is the regular Thunderbirmon. It lacks that syringe thingy on its tail.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know Valdurmon is Holy Bird digimon but I didn't expect that Valdurmon got grouped with other Angels. And THAT CLAVISANGEMON AND SLASHANGEMON. (I know he appeared from Xros but still it's much better!). I thought Patamon or Tailmon who evolved to fight the hidden evil ones and one of their wings fell off to wander into the human world but to think it actually belonged to Valdurmon instead of Angel types.

It's so good to see all Angel digimon in this! And who drew cartoony Tylomon?

Why suggest Valdurmon to Houhoumon's next evo? It belongs to Falcomon only...

Ghoulmon. IN ANIME. Wow I think this new season is far more interesting than Xros seasons.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They did describe this series as a festival of sorts in the initial announcement through V-Jump.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ghoulmon. IN ANIME. Wow I think this new season is far more interesting than Xros seasons.
We shall see if it will be even more interesting than Xros manga ;).

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
God, it looks SO cool. Shame that it had to pause, but just leaves more room to be excited I suppose!