Digimon Adventure: Special Clip Character Intros with Previews

Demetrius95

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, I hated the real time evolution. For me Digimon is about the digivolution sequences. I love them and I waited for them every episode. I hated the fact that they weren't using them. If we do indeed get them I will be only happy.
they actually played around with it a good bit. in the pilot movie the big agumon digivolved off screen even in the dub, in episode 47 when leomon pulled the same stunt he did it with a glow, hurricane touchdown also showed terriermon's digivolution without a transformation sequence. episode 49 agumon went to digivolve and even had the transformation sequence start, but failed. (this stunt was also pulled with biyomon, tentomon & patamon), seadramon only got half a transformation sequence in in 02, our war game showed that the transformation sequence is seen by in universe characters when shown when viewed though a digital format like a pc as well as the fact that it can be interrupted by another digi.
Sure, I know that but it's besides the point. Like, you really didn't have to go and link me every exception lol. It's fine if it was in the pilot, and yes they played with it for some Digimons. But the evolution sequences were the iconic thing for me. That's what I expect from digimon and I don't care if there have been exceptions.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a weird thing to focus on, in my opinion. Canned evolution sequences are just there to save money and effort and help pad out the episodes.

Demetrius95

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a weird thing to focus on, in my opinion. Canned evolution sequences are just there to save money and effort and help pad out the episodes.
But I love them! Is it so wrong?

I'm gonna try and explain myself better. It's not that that's all that matters to me or that I focus on them. It's just that for me they need to be there. I'm a sucker for transformations. Be it magical girls or Digimon. I want them, cause I love them, but of course I won't judge a series based only on that. Good plot is good and bad plot is bad. I just like them and I expect them in a Digimon anime, i wouldn't like if everytime they digivolve it were in real time. It's fine if it's the first time they evolve, that might even make it more special, but I want to see the evolution sequence. I was 4 when adventure came out. I used to get shivers anytime I heard the dial up part of brave heart. When in 02 they were able to digivolve and the music kicked in and the animation started I FREAKING CRIED. I'm a sucker for canned transformations.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Each piece of data makes it harder to make a guess about episode 4 and the story it tells us about the ancient war.
But there is something I understood watching the new clips. We've already seen those seven holy digimon in silhouettes before, and amongst them, there were 6 angels, one holy bird, one x antibody and two ophan digimon. Now we have the stone statues, and they are located in a way that greatly differs from frontier's three great angels.
Does it mean they don't give a shit about the lore and classifications found in other digimon series and are trying to make an original series free of some stupid restraints? That would really be good news to me. A nice fresh story is always better than a trash can of nostalgic figures and old rotten ideas.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Each piece of data makes it harder to make a guess about episode 4 and the story it tells us about the ancient war.
But there is something I understood watching the new clips. We've already seen those seven holy digimon in silhouettes before, and amongst them, there were 6 angels, one holy bird, one x antibody and two ophan digimon. Now we have the stone statues, and they are located in a way that greatly differs from frontier's three great angels.
Does it mean they don't give a shit about the lore and classifications found in other digimon series and are trying to make an original series free of stupid restraints? That would really be good (news to me. A nice fresh story is always better than a trash can of nostalgic figures and old rotten ideas.
I think it is pretty unlikely they will ignore the Three Great Angels concept.

We see them in the flashback of the war and they seem to be at the head of the Angels group.

The statues of Ophanimon and Cherubimon pretty close. We don't see the statue of Seraphimon, but this is just a preview.

Last edited:

Quinlan58

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If anything, they might expand the concept of the 3 Great Angels to include their relation to the rest of the angel (and Holy Bird apparently) digimon.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it is pretty unlikely they will ignore the Three Great Angels concept.

We see them in the flashback of the war and they seem to be at the head of the Angels group.

The statues of Ophanimon and Cherubimon pretty close. We don't see the statue of Seraphimon, but this is just a preview.
You are right, it's just a preview, and that's why I can't say for sure what's really going on. But I really hope that Adventure: has its own version digital world and its inhabitants, aka digimon.

Three great angels (TGA) was a specific selection of some of the angelic digimon, and the concept was a main part of Digimon Frontier's lore. The new series is happening in the digimon universe, and has many things in common with other related marerial, but the new cast are not obliged to obey the exact rules some other people established based on their own idea of beauty or whatever. The TGA idea had its own chance to shine, and now its time for newer ideas. Any other selection of digimon can be rea,ly interesting if a very good story is told about them. So why bothering with the old decisions and limit the range of creativity, when you can think more freely and come up with even better ideas?

I love digimon, and love its characters, but digimon groups, royal knights, great dragons, great angels, great demon lords, olympus twelve, they are not necessarily interesting by their own. They can also affect the story in a negative way. The writers need to spend much more time trying to embed all of the members to one single story, and characters may become more important than concepts. Royal knights and Olympus 12 with their horrific number of digimon are amongst the worst digimon groups.

Sure there are angels in the new digimon series. A specific group of them is shown to us ALMOST as silhouettes, and three of them are members of TGA. But are these gonna be more important than the other three (clavisangemon, slashangemon, rasielmon) lore-wise? Will TGA have some kind of advantage over the others that really affects the story?
That's what I hope no to see in digimon adventure: