Digimon Adventure: Special Clip Character Intros with Previews

yulkyun

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that maybe Seraphimon was the only surviving angel-digimon, so Seraphimon statue isn't there.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that maybe Seraphimon was the only surviving angel-digimon, so Seraphimon statue isn't there.
I thought Seraphimon's statue was just behind (front) of the Triangle:

*So like this*

Valdur
Ophani...Cherubi
(US Watching)
Seraphi

or

Seraphi
Valdur
Ophani...Cherubi
(US Watching)

Was Wargrey and Co. flashbacks? If not then maybe we can see Tag Team Action
For example: Past Hero (Vikemon) and Gomamon's 2020 Mega (Plesiomon)

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well they did mention Patamon's evolution played a major role in the battle, so maybe Seraphimon used Testament or sacrificed himself to defeat the darkness.

I think all the angels may have statues in the ring but interesting that they chose Valdurmon to lead them.

Unlikely, but what if Valdurmon occupies the Principalities rank among the angels, perhaps a Holy Bird might fit, like Cherubimon is a Holy Beast.

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jo thinking he's the leader amused me. Maybe he could become the second-in-command.

Mon-Ohma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this seems to heavily indicate that we will be getting evolution scenes after all. Which while a bit dissapointing isn't really much of a suprise either.

They definetly are drawing a lot of influence from Frontier.

Devimon and Ogremon also seems to suggest that the original antagonists will be returning in some manner.

Last edited:

Ferbs

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, that real time dynamic evolution was like a one time thing and we are getting evolution scene sequences? That actually makes me really sad

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, that real time dynamic evolution was like a one time thing and we are getting evolution scene sequences? That actually makes me really sad
TV anime's gonna be TV anime. For what it's worth, they might still go with the dynamic route for a few key moments, or (this is being very optimistic) maybe for each evolution's first occurence. And if it was a one-time thing after all, we can appreciate the one we got. I definitely feel you, though.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I don't think the budget would be there for them to do evolution sequences like they did every time unless they permanently stayed in their evolved form. So like, we'd never see Agumon again for example. Then they'd have reason to go all out for every single one.

Also with the way they showed Devimon, I think that might just be for part of the flashback and he wont be a major part of the show. we'll see I suppose.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy we're going to have evo sequences, it's something I enjoy in the genre. I think the real-time evos work better at dramatic moments. And they can use the same "flash morph" resource tokusatsu uses if they don't want the evo sequences o hog all the screentime in important battles down the line.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Seraphimon's statue was just behind (front) of the Triangle:

*So like this*

Valdur
Ophani...Cherubi
(US Watching)
Seraphi

or

Seraphi
Valdur
Ophani...Cherubi
(US Watching)

Was Wargrey and Co. flashbacks? If not then maybe we can see Tag Team Action
For example: Past Hero (Vikemon) and Gomamon's 2020 Mega (Plesiomon)
Agreed. Feels like Seraphimon's statue can just be behind the children/opposite Valdurmon in a triangular arrangement with the other two.

I'm happy we're going to have evo sequences, it's something I enjoy in the genre. I think the real-time evos work better at dramatic moments. And they can use the same "flash morph" resource tokusatsu uses if they don't want the evo sequences o hog all the screentime in important battles down the line.
Absolutely agreed. I prefer evolution sequences.

Last edited:

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Devimon-sama looks great in this teaser. Also, this dialogue between Valdurmon and Chosen looks like it implies some version of original '99 squad digimon being reffered to as legendary group. Maybe just maybe that's why there were hints in digimon descriptions when the series started.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
See, we've basically seen a few different approaches to evolution sequences in the series between the first few episodes, the opening, and all the previews.

We saw the glowing-to-flashing light for Koromon to Agumon, we saw Agumon's dynamic evolution to Greymon, we saw a version of Greymon's evolution in the opening that lines up more with the original spinning sequences from 1999 but with the 2020 evolution iconography, and then we got the OWG-style Omegamon fusion. All the Algomon evolutions were done without cutaways as well. On top of that, I think with all the footage we've seen, we can assume Biyomon will have a dynamic evolution much like Greymon's first evolution.

That's all to say, even if we get evolution sequences, we know they're very much dedicated to creating dynamic sequences to match the tone of the scene. At the end of the day, a year-long, weekly series needs to cut corners somewhere. I'm just impressed by how nice the 2020 evolution looks so far, very much a step up from every other cutaway evolution sequence from the Adventure franchise (I say this even when considering the time when each series released).

Last edited:

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice preview and yay evo clips! I bet the Holy Digimon will be Seraphimon and Ofanimon, imprisoned or something and when they free them they'll degenerate as Patamon and Tailmon and join the kids...
Also Im happy they stayed with Vikemon despite what we say on the Card Game because Plesiomon is good and all but after Zudomon... I dunno... never liked it for his Ultimate. The same can be said for Holydramon which I love but Tailmons line is always beastly except for Angewomon. But still... as we say Holydramon in Tri. Id like to see Ofanimon in this instead! Just no Plesiomon please! LOL

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice preview and yay evo clips! I bet the Holy Digimon will be Seraphimon and Ofanimon, imprisoned or something and when they free them they'll degenerate as Patamon and Tailmon and join the kids...
Also Im happy they stayed with Vikemon despite what we say on the Card Game because Plesiomon is good and all but after Zudomon... I dunno... never liked it for his Ultimate. The same can be said for Holydramon which I love but Tailmons line is always beastly except for Angewomon. But still... as we say Holydramon in Tri. Id like to see Ofanimon in this instead! Just no Plesiomon please! LOL
lol I want Plesiomon
*i want more beast represenations xD *so Holydramon too

Hoping they can choose between two ^^

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems like we finally know who Yuuto Kazama and Ai Maeda are voicing (assuming the voice belongs indeed to Valdurmon).
I guess all the angels have statues and Valdurmon is kind of their leader?

The animation quality drop doesn't seem that bad tbh. Really bummed about the evolution sequences as I absolutely loved Agumon's evolution in the first episode, but can't say I'm surprised.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh this is real fun. Can't wait for the few weeks we have to wait.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not surprised about the Evolution sequences since as said before they're done for budget reasons, and while that animation in episode 1 was beautiful they can't do that every episode. That said, I do hope they're better integrated into the action nonetheless so it doesn't feel like a stop gap within the battle.

lol I want Plesiomon
*i want more beast represenations xD *so Holydramon too

Hoping they can choose between two ^^
Me too friend, me too...

Demetrius95

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, I hated the real time evolution. For me Digimon is about the digivolution sequences. I love them and I waited for them every episode. I hated the fact that they weren't using them. If we do indeed get them I will be only happy.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, I hated the real time evolution. For me Digimon is about the digivolution sequences. I love them and I waited for them every episode. I hated the fact that they weren't using them. If we do indeed get them I will be only happy.
they actually played around with it a good bit. in the pilot movie the big agumon digivolved off screen even in the dub, in episode 47 when leomon pulled the same stunt he did it with a glow, hurricane touchdown also showed terriermon's digivolution without a transformation sequence. episode 49 agumon went to digivolve and even had the transformation sequence start, but failed. (this stunt was also pulled with biyomon, tentomon & patamon), seadramon only got half a transformation sequence in in 02, our war game showed that the transformation sequence is seen by in universe characters when shown when viewed though a digital format like a pc as well as the fact that it can be interrupted by another digi.