Digimon Adventure: Special Clip Character Intros with Previews

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Some fun before Digimon Adventure: starts reairing episode 1 this weekend.

We got the Digimon Adventure: special digest roughly a month ago, which acted as a compilation of episodes 1 thru 3, with a preview of things to come, and we have a few more things to show... There is some teases of things to come that will not be spoiler tagged.

First is the Special Clip Character Intros. This is subbed, and acts as a mild preview of future content, with character introduction elements. It is narrated by Koushiro and makes for a decent show introduction, as it goes over what happens in early episodes a bit.

They have minor spoilers, but is mostly what we know.

A couple screenshots

Then there is a second version, which is roughly meant to be the same thing, and has the character intros, but is much more aimed at teasing things to come...

This one includes a preview of the shows version of the classic evolution sequence, a hint at revealing some of the background details involving the ultimate Digimon, and even showing the Adventure: versions of a few classic villains.

Update- Thanks to onkei a translation of the dialogue and caption towards the end of the second video.

Starting at 1:25
"Children, in order to defeat the darkness, we will tell you what must be done:
Set off from this land and cross the oceans towards the continent.
There, you will meet the light and hope who will fight with your warriors.
The holy Digimon."

Taichi: Holy Digimon?

"We are depending on you, Chosen Children."

Caption: The adventure sets off to a new world

A few screenshots...

Some fun teases...

Attachments

Last edited:

omegalucas

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was that an evolution sequence I spotted there? Also no Ultimates for Patamon and Tailmon on that "tease". Interesting

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was cool. I’m curious about who’s voice those were at the end and what they were saying

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was that an evolution sequence I spotted there?
Sure looked like it.

Well, it was fun to imagine a Digimon anime without stock evolution sequences for a while, but it's TV so they gotta cut corners somewhere. I just hope they use as much 2D animation in them as they can; CG never ages that well.

Three weeks and change to go!

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm getting more and more frontier vibe from this...did I see digidestineds' megas in silhouette?? man this is getting real exciting:)

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Devimon!! 🤩

So I guess all 8 Digimon fought in the ancient war.

Love to know what the voice (Valdurmon?) is saying at the end!

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay! Ultimates!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a translation of the dialogue from the second video.

Togemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got hyped as soon as I saw Palmon in the first video lol

Can't wait for the new episodes to start!!

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I saw "Tachikawa" as a logo pop up on Izzy's computer, and I was like "wait... is Mimi an heiress?" and then later her profile intro seemed to hint at that, so nice touch. I think that's a good reimagining of her character.

Definitely liking the angels mythology they seem to be building, makes Devimon an appropriate antagonist to reintroduce.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who was that giant bird at the end of the second video?
I presume you mean Valdurmon. It's an old Digimon, debuted in the Accel V-Pet as the original Falcomon's Ultimate.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's very interesting Valdurmon seems to be taking Seraphimon's place in the Three Great Angels. Maybe he's Patamon's old form? If that's the case, Ophanimon could be Tailmon's past, but evolve to Holydramon (and maybe pacifying both sides of the "true Ultimate" argument?). It also caught my attention Cherubimon's statue, as he may represent the Crest of Kindness, which would make it not an oddity among the crests.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's very interesting Valdurmon seems to be taking Seraphimon's place in the Three Great Angels. Maybe he's Patamon's old form? If that's the case, Ophanimon could be Tailmon's past, but evolve to Holydramon (and maybe pacifying both sides of the "true Ultimate" argument?). It also caught my attention Cherubimon's statue, as he may represent the Crest of Kindness, which would make it not an oddity among the crests
A previous trailer showed a whole line up of angels. It’s more likely Valdurmon is just one of the angels and Patamon is still Seraphimon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird. Valdurmon being placed next to two members of Archangels and... Seraphimon statue isn't there. As usual that meme is still going? Eh

Only 6 non-Holy digimon partners were shown fighting in that war but Patamon and Tailmon weren't there... I wonder how did they come to...?

Surprised they got evolution clips!

Redstar45

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I saw "Tachikawa" as a logo pop up on Izzy's computer, and I was like "wait... is Mimi an heiress?" and then later her profile intro seemed to hint at that, so nice touch. I think that's a good reimagining of her character.

Definitely liking the angels mythology they seem to be building, makes Devimon an appropriate antagonist to reintroduce.
i like that new stuff to her characters!

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At the end of the subbed trailer, it shows the digivice 6/26 is that when it'll go up on pre-order?

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The series composer did mention that the kids will be joining the group one by one, but it’s still interesting how much they’re distancing the older Chosen children and the younger, “holier” children. From this preview, it’s a literal distance lol. So there’s a couple different reasons to explain why they’re not being featured as much as the older children.

The implication of the Ultimate (Mega) forms taking part in some battle and then seeing their eggs along with Valdurmon’s feather, to me anyways, is that they fought and fell in battle. They were reincarnated in time to meet the Chosen, which opens up quite a lot of doors imo. Can’t wait to see what they do with it.

At the end of the subbed trailer, it shows the digivice 6/26 is that when it'll go up on pre-order?
I think that’s the new date for it, yeah.

DynasBoy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was Rosemon always that huge?