Digimon: Adventure Redux (Sign-Ups/Discussion) (Hiatus)

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always kinda thought of them somewhere between Adult and perfect myself. Some of the digimon defeated in the 02 with them were of Ult level (I think..) and often it was just the armor digimon saving the day. I do think here it would fit well too. Something while they learn to harness the power of there crest. I kinda feel it shouldn't just be a activate it one time and it always work after that kinda deal, but take some soul searching and real teamwork with there partner to pull off always. I think some of the group will have a little more trouble the other with that but it would make for some character development, with I think we are all up too.

So if we did something like that, having the armor level to use as a for sure way to evolve to something a bit stronger then the adults would help them. They'd need to work on getting the crest to work (mabye it shines when they can use it), but not be a burden if they are fighting something to strong for adults. I do want it to be useful after they hit perfect as well though. So wonder if they should have useful abilities or something.

Any way when I was talking about it with Ice, I had been just thinking of only armor digimon to pick from then. And just saying the others in the lines are just natural ways to get them or something... So had been thinking Lynxmon or maaaybe a male Nefertimon for Leormon.

If we just pick any digimon from the adult or perfect level that could would then I'll have to go look at some of the other feline digimon out there again lol. Though Kaiser Leomon comes to mind. Its armored up and had been one I'd looked at for his line before. I am starting to kinda like the thought of a male Nefertimon thought <_<

Last edited:

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wouldn't Rachel's Digimental be Sincerity though? Lynxmon is one of the Courage Digimental Mon and Nefertimon Light. We can look at the other Digimental lines and have them assigned to our own Digimental? (that would make it somewhat easier to find one for a water line)

I just had a look through the courage list and all of them don't match a water-esq Digimon lol (FlaWizarmon would be a push). I'd be having to look at another adultish type for Kamemon me thinks.

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah but it's not based on the offical stuff. More what works. Ice just lucky and that one was Light lol I dont think there really would be any that work well with Leormon if we didn't bend stuff a bit.

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was googling and trying to see if there were any male Nefertimon pics out there. Sadly not really... You'd think there would be. I did find this though and really like it. The face has been changed to be more cat like, but it works for me. I think it could work for Leormon if I go this route. http://www.deviantart.com/art/Nefertimon-my-redesign-473955649

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking the Crests could convert from the Digimentals when activated, but that makes sense the Digimentals could be something to fall back on if the Crests don't work.
If the Armor forms aren't going to have special characteristics and just use the same fighting style as the regular line, I don't see much use in including them. Then again, they'd also be largely useless if they are too specialized.

Clawwer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Nefertimon looks man enough, that would suit Leormon in my eyes, I like that design.

As for me, I'm stuck between Depthmon and Stegomon. I really like Depthmon, the idea of transforming our water-hating little guy into this diver digimon all in the name of friendship really sticks to me, but Stegomon is a friendship digivolution in the first place, and fits the more mammalian theme of friendship (even tho he's a dino)

The idea of the Armor being in the branch between champion to ultimate does sound good, gives the digivolution lines more flow, and adds to the story line.

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah vande I never said that the armor choices had to match from official charts... I even said to start with that they didn't even have to be official armor digimon. That it would just fit with the theme our digimon and the egg choice. =x

Gargoylemon is a "good" equivalent for decide am on so I liked it as a potential choice straight off.

As for how they'd work.. I was thinking about that and their power as I lay in bed last night. I kept having this thought that if we get them after we beat devimon, and their power level is on par with or a little weaker than adult, that impmon would want to use it all the time, too scared to evolve naturally into devimon. We had been talking about Light having something to do with intrinsic goodness and self acceptance, so his armor evolution could reflect his desired self as opposed to what he really is, and he wouldn't be able to evolve to adult or perfect until he can accept that.

I'd also been thinking that since they're artificial evolutions, that the power of the eggs could help them hold their forms a bit longer than say, one fight. The eggs would be like weak self powered batteries as opposed to the evolutions which draw on the energy of the humans.

In some instances, their abilities would be different enough that both adult and armor could be useful and they don't become obsolete necessarily.

I'm not sure how I feel about nefertimon for rachel. I personally don't think it's a good match but that just me. Maybe it's because it's one of the anime ones and it's very cemented in my head as a light evolution. But i also don't really find it matching with sincerity either. Then again neither does lynxmon lol. Maybe I just got that one stuck in my head as it was your first suggestion last night.

Last edited:

Clawwer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As for how they'd work.. I was thinking about that and their power as I lay in bed last night. I kept having this thought that if we get them after we beat devimon, and their power level is on par with or a little weaker than adult, that impmon would want to use it all the time, too scared to evolve naturally into devimon. We had been talking about Light having something to do with intrinsic goodness and self acceptance, so his armor evolution could reflect his desired self as opposed to what he really is, and he wouldn't be able to evolve to adult or perfect until he can accept that.

I'd also been thinking that since they're artificial evolutions, that the power of the eggs could help them hold their forms a bit longer than say, one fight. The eggs would be like weak self powered batteries as opposed to the evolutions which draw on the energy of the humans.

In some instances, their abilities would be different enough that both adult and armor could be useful and they don't become obsolete necessarily.
So a placeholder till they learn to digivolve normally? I can dig that aswell, pretty much like how it was in adventure 2

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, just for impmon because he's going to be traumatized about being devimon. You guys will be able to evolve to adult first before we do the armor stuff.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think a pretty big fit for Kamemon would be Archelomon - since it has reptile aspects especially with the shell.

I had forgotten Frogmon has been chosen as her normal adult for a few moments as well.

The 2 actual armours I had thought for Kamemon are:
Archelomon
Rinkmon

A non armour I thought of was Shellmon.

Rinkmon was a stretch granted, but thought it was cool heh.

I am leaning towards Archelomon over Shellmon though. Glad you liked those two.

When are we going to get the Armour Digieggs? Before adult or after adult evolutions?

My own thought is sooner rather than later. I'm looking forward for this to be in action so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aether Engine

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've tried to think of what may work for Bakumon.

The first, very blindingly obvious idea was Pegasusmon, since it shares some of the horse motif of where Centarumon goes while not being exactly the same same, being more beast than beast-man. And of course, there's also the way that it diverges from Centarumon in the sense that it flies, a trait it would share with Bakumon, just in a greater capacity. And if the armor evolution is suppose to last longer I could see that being to a benefit, with being able to fly great distances. It's already a Hope amor evolution too so there wouldn't even need to be that much divergence.

With how obvious Pegasusmon is though, I'd be uncertain to think about how acceptable it might be. It was used in the anime after all. If Pegasusmon isn't acceptable I'd think to go for Unimon. He shares some of the traits that make Pegasusmon an ideal candidate (i.e. horse motif, flight as an alternate mode to Centarumon), and additionally he sort of matches with Bakumon in the sense that his mask/helmet, while a little different in design with the visor and horn, covers up the upper half of his face like Bakumon.

I'm also trying to look into other options in case the horse thing seems to be a bit of an overload. I briefly looked at Bakemon since having Bakumons more spirit/ghost-like traits being magnified seemed like it could be an interesting alternative, though when I thought on how there had already been the whole bunch of Bakemon at the Sanctuary it occurred to me that may not be as good of an idea.

I'm very sorry as I'll need to leave this off for now, but I'll try to offer meaningful commentary on everything else when I get back later today.

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Neither are a perfect match for Leormon for sure :/ I was just wonder if Lynxmon was good as his perfect is also fire elemental. Though I guess that could be a good thing, to have a tie in with the way it would naturaly go?

Anyway looking though the adult digimon I got wondering about Seasarmon for him maybe. Though that might seem more light as well :/ Sincerity is a pain. Most of them are plant like... I also am looking at Tobucatmon lol Maybe he would be an ok choice. I don't think its used a whole lot. Lots to think about lol

I like the thought of Impmon not using his normal evolution at first. It makes sense he'd have issues with it after what happens. I dont' mind it being the same strength as adult at the start but if its weaker I'm not sure how much use they give later then. Maybe they start off weaker and grow in power? Their accptence of there traits and the digimon them self's just getting stronger or something. So they aren't as set in stone as the normal evolutions are?

Rexanimon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't mean to be a Debbie-downer about all this, but it's been three years since we started this RP and none of us have reached Champion yet. Not that I feel things need to be constant action and digivolving but if we add Armor into this as well it's just going to make things move even slower. This is only the third RP I've ever been in, and the first one to last more than just a few months, so maybe I'm wrong for thinking things have been moving slow (up until the last month or so). But in my opinion, and maybe just my current interest level to be honest, I think that if we add Armors we either have to keep things rolling the way we've been for a little while or abandon the idea. Otherwise we are going to end up really dragging things out.

I feel like the pace we have been going at the past month or so has really been good for keeping things moving, and if we can keep going at this pace - by my prediction - maybe we can include Armors and get to starting to digivolve to Ultimate by sometime next year, which would be great. I'm just afraid that if things go back to the way they were before our present pace, we are going to end up dragging things out again to where in one year we've only had one battle as Champions and it's going to be another year til we get to Armor, etc. I just don't want to see this RP crap out, especially for those of us who have been in it from the very beginning (Exodd, Aether Engine, myself, and J Faust).

I don't think that having Armor evolutions would do bad things for the storyline and I'm all for integrating Armors into an arc, it could be fun - just as long as we get them rolling, though. I was very excited that some of us are going to get to Champion this next day, it means before long we will all be able to digivolve and we can start making our way through the Devimon arc. I'm not sure how you're going to play this out, J Faust, but I think the dawn of the champions is the perfect times for each of us to really begin shaping our character development, especially if we all get separated and allude to our crest traits with the actions we take while separated.
(Sidenote: Faust, I will be PMing you some ideas I had about the RP while typing out this post.)

Lastly, I want to say my piece on the Armor choices. I'll start with my idea. If we add Armor, as long as it's ok with everyone, I am going to change my main line so that Kangarumon becomes the Armor Level, leaving a Champion slot for a more appropriate monkey digimon. I think having an Australian-themed Digimon works much better as an Armor, making a smoother transition to Sepikmon and Gokuwmon in the main line. As for Leormon, I was excited when you said "Lynxmon" but then realized that Rachael has Sincerity :( I like the Seasarmon idea since it just gives off a calm, peaceful vibe to me for some reason, but I kind of think Prariemon or Opossumon could work since they are nice cutsie-looking beast armors, having Leormon's new appearance giving off a more sincere vibe. Aether, I really like Pegasusmon for Bakumon. It all fits, like Gargoylemon for Impmon. Vande, I think Archelomon is a good choice for Kamemon but I think it would be cool to find an aquatic monster that has a fiery theme to it to play off of the Courage trait and give Kamemon a duality of Fire and Water, maybe showing us a different side of her (the raging fire compared to her usual watery calmness). Also, have you considered Tortomon (I'm playing off the turtle-theme with this idea, obviously). Exodd, I think Pucchiemon (Puttimon? Bucchiemon? Whatever. lol) could really work for Veemon - a headstrong dragon man always looking for a good fight turning into a cutsie monster who isn't normally violent and shoots beams of love - it can maybe begin her thought process of "do we always really need to fight?". ImperialFeline, I kept seeing HoneyBeemon for you, but you said you were looking to kind of shy away from the bee thing, so maybe Mothmon would actually be a good choice, unless you are looking to get out of the insect area (which could be interesting, maybe try Nohemon? Using his appearance as irony for the trait he represents (brainless scarecrow who is really intelligent?). Lastly, Clawwer, I thought of Stegomon, also, when I saw Gizamon, and it seems like everyone else, yourself included, is leaning towards him. Maybe you should go with him. Although, if we have him evolve in the right situation, maybe he could use the Digi-egg and turn into Depthmon to gain the power to shed his distaste for diving and save one (or all?) of us from drowning (as you said, in the name of Friendship).

Sorry for the long-ass post but I like to give my two cents when I think it counts. :D

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do think your concern of the pace of the rp is valid. I do hope that we can keep to the speed we have going now and not slow back down. Do you think you'll find time to post more yourself? You sadly are bussy often :/

I do think we should be able to add in the armors though. It's getting people thinking of the rp and I'd hope that would mean wanting to post more. I plan on post again once the girls get in the bathroom lol Hurry it up you two :p

Back to the armor digimong though. Sincerity is a hard one to pick for... I was thinking the trait is self should have a lot to do with being honest and truthful in your words and actions, not doing something just because its what others expect, but being yourself. How that would show in a digimon I am not sure. Saying something calm and peaceful does pop to mind, but... being sincere in what you do doesn't mean being soft spoken or 'good'. I've been having Rachael spirited and not scared to speak here mind. She'll have to learn to not be so harsh with what she says, fine less brash ways of saying it, but the truth can hurt :/

I had looked at Prariemon but not sure how that would fit really. I honestly am not sure how all the plant like evolution work other then they just went hey, mimi's partner was a plant so the armors should be to. If I wanted to keep in line with a plant motif I could maybe consider Petaldramon.

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It hasn't been all my fault...

It's not like you and exodd have been frequent posters Rex even when we were busy. And I don't mean to shoot you guys down by saying thar. I really like rping with you both and yiu both bring a lot to the plate but we've had to ask a few times to try and step it up. It's part of what affected my depression a little. Amd its not like i could help that i fell into a major depressive spell.

I've tried my best coming up with ideas and trying to get people motivated. My rps can last for years. My original one I did here is still going. It's been since 2008... I said from the start it'd be a long stretch for this rp so it's not like it's a surprise.

To be honest now I just kind of feel like shit and want to cry. That'll probably pass but it's hard not to feel bad when people keep bringing up how slow things were and how we haven't gotten anywhere. I've only recently started feeling better at all and anyone could have stepped up or prodded me when things were slower...

I don't really know what else to say. I've been doing as best I can with my mental handicaps. =\

Anyway...maybe hanumon or something as the adult instead.

Maybe we should just have everyone evolve to adult during the next day to speed things up or something...

Last edited:

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think he need to go evolve crazy, do it all in one day. I think if we can pick up the pace though, all of us try not to take weeks between doing a post that things will be fine. I know I can sometime take a while but I have been trying harder lately. We 'all' just need to do better.

Exodd

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pucchiemon was one of the Digimon I was looking at for Veemon's Armor evolution, actually, and I think that would be pretty interesting. I also considered Allomon, Ginkakumon(the size, skulls, and alcohol would probably be weird), and Pteramon. Haven't looked for Perfect level candidates yet.

If we do include Armor evolution, I think we should work out the mechanics of why and how such evolution works for the Digimon. Certain Digimon profiles explain that each Digimental carries attributes of an element and grant certain abilities. For example, the Digimental of Love has a "Wind" attribute, and grants flying ability. Should we try to stick to these or use them as guidelines when deciding on Armor forms? (I know that some of the Armor level Digimon don't seem to follow this. Most of the Knowledge Armor Digimon have no ground-manipulating abilities mentioned, even though Digmon's profile states that's what the Knowledge Digimental grants. Also, the abilities granted by the Digimental of Kindness are not stated.) Should the Armor forms try to represent the Crest traits in some way? If the Digimentals are going to work all the time and not have their activation related to the Crest traits, why would the Armor forms represent the Crest traits at all, and why couldn't they just be used by any Digimon?

A lot of the Armor forms people are choosing so far just seem like natural progression in the Digimons' main lines and don't seem to offer much variety. I think the Armor evolution would be more interesting if the Digimon get forms that differ a lot from their main ones, and have techniques that don't play into their usual fighting styles. That way, they will have to learn to get used to them and work with the traits they represent, also allowing for them to get stronger with the forms overtime.

The concept could easily be added in without needing an extra arc, so probably wouldn't drag out the RP much if included. If the Armor evolution isn't going to add anything besides extra attacks, I don't think that should be included, though.

Last edited:

ShadowCat13

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the show though the way they looked, save for armadillomon's, did mostly look like something the child would evolve too. Unimon was a natural evolution for patamon so I dont see pegasmon that strange for him.

I do get what your saying though lol Something more different might be good. I personaly liked the ones that look like they make sense most for them though. I didn't like most of the second armor form they got for that reason. They just seemed random to me.

I do want them to have more point then just differnt form with more attacks to though.

Edit- Looking at your post again Rex, i just realized something. If we add armors it wouldn't be interfering with the plans of having them the two girls partners evolve the next day. We'd have to plot some but maybe we wouldn't really get them till we defeat Devilmon. Or maybe they kids can find them but not know how to use them at first around the island as they run around working on how to defeat the devil. Maybe they might even need them some how to weaken him and that unlocks them for use... lol just thoughts.

Last edited:

Aether Engine

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Deep breath*

J Faust said:
I kept having this thought that if we get them after we beat devimon, and their power level is on par with or a little weaker than adult, that impmon would want to use it all the time, too scared to evolve naturally into devimon. We had been talking about Light having something to do with intrinsic goodness and self acceptance, so his armor evolution could reflect his desired self as opposed to what he really is, and he wouldn't be able to evolve to adult or perfect until he can accept that.
I really like this idea of Impmon needing to learn to accept himself but being hesitant, sort of masking himself in a way. I'm still thinking on the power levels stuff myself. My first thought was that would be strange to have the armor be at the same or slightly less powerful than natural adult digimon, but the other stuff you mentioned brings out good idea thoughts. At the least, when it comes to having Impmon evolve, it shows that there's more power (or potential for power, in the remainder of the line) in being true to oneself, and I like that sort of theme.

J Faust said:
I like this idea. For one, it feels consistent with displaying armor evolution as being distinct from regular evolution, and two, it provides an extra reason that an armor evolution may have an advantage over it's normal, possibly more powerful counterpart, i.e. efficiency or longevity. Sometimes a long burn is better than a fast and bright one.

I'd also wonder if maybe the armor evolution could be a way to provide a 'second wind' to digimon who have been knocked down from adult, though perhaps that would be OP, or potentially draw out fights longer than they need to.

J Faust said:
I feel like this is one of those things that would really work well, and as some could probably guess, is part of why I went for the first options I did for Bakumon, because those digimon vary enough from Centarumon to merit havving both adult and armor still be used. A trade off in power compared to Centarumon probably wouldn't even hurt since they would gain flight. In fact, Pegasusmon/Unimon would still be useful even when Megas/Ultimates are available since the entire rest of the line I had plotted out for Centarumon continue to be all land-based.

I feel like this would work for Impmon too since he would be having both Holy and Demonic evolutions to work with, and maybe there will be times when one is needed or effective more than the other.

Rexanimon, you do have a good point about worrying about whether or not these might stretch things out longer by having an arc that includes bringing in armor evolution. Yeah, three years is a long time. But we've managed to get things swinging again which I know it's no guarantee of being kept up but at least we've managed to gain the momentum. I think what matters most is that we have fun.

I really want this RP to live, and the progress it's made lately makes me feel like it has a chance of doing that. I guess the way I see it, if it takes too long, maybe armor could be cut out... but for now, I don't think it's a bad idea. I think we can make this work. Again, I really understand the thought, I don't think it's bad you brought the topic up.

I don't know what else you have in mind for how things go Rexanimon, but in terms of people wondering when to have the armor evolutions happen... It's been a while since I've thought on the long-term over all story of this RP so I might be forgetting some things... but I'm thinking the armor evolution might work well for the crest-finding section of things, perhaps granting the digimental for their armor evolution when they're found. Somehow I imagine it happening soon after the File Island/Devimon arc, maybe with Impmon being the first to armor digivolve. That way it would allow him to get back into the big fighting action as a good guy, and give him time to think and stew about accepting himself before going for a normal evolution later down the line.

I'll say this Faust. I'm sorry this talk has hurt as much as it had. I don't think anyone here has meant to be harmful, though I know it still stings to try to helm an RP as gm and hear folks say things have been slow at times. I know it would hurt me to hear that.

It is a fair point the RP can only move as fast as those who post in it and do other things to give it that spark of life. Unfortunately there have been times where I've been slow on the ball. Or sat there doing nothing but staring at the ball for a while before remembering I should be doing something on it. I guess a lot of what can be said is to just do something when you can. I've been trying to post more often and it seems to have paid off. It's helped me want to draw things more, and it's been nice to see you guys sometimes enjoying that too.

I said before that what I think matters most is the fun, and I've found these last sections of character interaction fun, though yes, seeing evolution will be nice too. I think it's a fallacy to have progression in a digimon RP be measured only by how quickly we get powerful (though yes I realize they go hand in hand in successive arcs with how it's usually set up, reaching Mega/Ultimate by the end). Power ups and growing stronger won't be meaningful milestones if we're constantly just trying to run to them. We should get to them eventually, yes, but it's not like we need to go in a straight line from point A to point B and ignore character development and other things along the way. That's not to say I think you are against character development or plot if you're worried about moving things along, it's just something I'm worried might unintentionally get brushed aside in the name of progress. In so many words, I guess I'm saying it's about the journey, not the destination, if you'll pardon me pulling out that old, well-used nugget.

I think having everyone go adult on day 1 would be a bit hasty towards that end, but if most everyone else thought that would really help, I suppose maybe it would help. I wouldn't be entirely sure though. Maybe increasing the number of participants evolving in batches so there's less time, but I'd still want the chance for the kids and their digimon to go out and have adventures. See this strange world they're trying to save.

Exodd said:
Certain Digimon profiles explain that each Digimental carries attributes of an element and grant certain abilities. For example, the Digimental of Love has a "Wind" attribute, and grants flying ability. Should we try to stick to these or use them as guidelines when deciding on Armor forms?
I think you answered your own question a little with the note about how Digmon is unique in having a ground-focus unlike the rest of the knowledge armor digimon. I suppose I'd think it good for them to have some trait that could be an indicator of what they represent, though I'm not sure it should be limited by an elemental theme. Anyone feel free to shoot me down on this one.

Exodd said:
If the Digimentals are going to work all the time and not have their activation related to the Crest traits, why would the Armor forms represent the Crest traits at all, and why couldn't they just be used by any Digimon?
For me, I think the idea would perhaps be best handled in the sense of thinking of the armor evolution being an “archetype” of the crest attribute that is used as a start in understanding the trait, with power borrowed entirely from the crest, while that the normal evolution lines represent the personal potential and realization of those traits, which combines the power of the crest with power of the humans.

I guess to make a comparison, it would be like writing fanfiction of a series you really like before writing an original story of your own. You might start off not completely understanding why the tropes and conventions of storytelling are used, but if you study them and try to get more familiar with them, you start to learn to be able to use them (or not use some of them) to your own benefit to write something great form your own mind. (Not to say fanfiction can't be good or have original elements, an original story just seemed fitting for the analogy in showing differences. A “stock” fanfic vs a well written, original one would probably also apply).

I don't see the harm in the child being similar to the armor form either. What is important though, which I guess a lot of folks have been trying to say, is that the armor form should do something different than the normal adult form, not just be 'another' form that does the same job.