Digimon Adventure PSP Game Announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewsBot

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It appears the PSP is getting another Digimon game using the re:Digitize engine. It's planned to be released this year for the franchises 15th anniversary.

This one looks like it will cover Digimon Adventure.

Hopefully we get better scans soon, because the last image shows what sort of looks like a modern smartphone with a game on it...

-- <span style="font-variant: small-caps; font-size: 9pt;">godofchaos</span>

Source: Digimon Adventure Game News (Rain)

digiboy123

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh, story-based, perhaps? That interests me.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinds seems to play the same way as Digimon Tamers: Digimon Medly, but just with Adventure, eh?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't be inherently shocked if they tried either re:Digitize, or the Adventure game, the same way they are doing the Musou One Piece game (being released as One Piece Pirate Warriors in the USA.) Skipping the retail release and dub entirely under the belief that there are enough fans to buy it from Playstation Network to at least make a profit. That way they could skip printing copies on UMD, skip packaging and dealing with retail distro companies, and they'd be able to sell it directly to both PSP and PSV owners.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By the way. That Game on the Smartphone kinda looks like some Card Game version.

Dante

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And here I thought the PSP has seen it's last day's.

[quote author=godofchaos link=topic=17240.msg232452#msg232452 date=1345233886]
I wouldn't be inherently shocked if they tried either re:Digitize, or the Adventure game, the same way they are doing the Musou One Piece game (being released as One Piece Pirate Warriors in the USA.) Skipping the retail release and dub entirely under the belief that there are enough fans to buy it from Playstation Network to at least make a profit. That way they could skip printing copies on UMD, skip packaging and dealing with retail distro companies, and they'd be able to sell it directly to both PSP and PSV owners.
[/quote]

That'd be great if they did, save people money since the lack of disk/distribution cost's. Also this is just a thought or really more of me over thinking a coincidence, but uh, didn't a Digimon Adventure DVD collection set get announced for release in the US? Surely there's not some kinda connection between these is there?

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is good news! I mean, sure, the PSP is an older model, but hey, we're getting Digimon games! If we get smartphone ones that'd be pretty cool.

Unbelievable that we're getting so many Digimon game releases. Even if I personally can't play them this has to be a good sign.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am surprised at that. So it's regular PSP and not Vita?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see a Mushmon, presumably as an enemy, so it looks like it won't just be stuff from the anime. I wonder if the story will be the same or if they'll take some liberties with it.

XD375

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it seems that Prope, Yuji Naka's company, is involved in some fashion according to his Facebook page. They haven't been involved with Digimon before, have they? A quick Google search says no...

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
no i'm fairly sure only digitalic, hudson soft, dimps, and amaze/black ship have been the only third party developers for digimon

Dante

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Angel-kun link=topic=17240.msg232654#msg232654 date=1345527755]
and for crusaders
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/mobile/digimon_crus/ [/quote]

I'm assuming this is only going to be available for Japanese phones right?

[quote author=viperzerof-2 link=topic=17240.msg232670#msg232670 date=1345564964]
no i'm fairly sure only digitalic, hudson soft, dimps, and amaze/black ship have been the only third party developers for digimon
[/quote]

Also on that, wasn't Tri-Crescendo a third party developer? I thought Namco Bandai just published Re-Digitize. Oh coarse I could be wrong. (and probably am)

Dante

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for the double post I couldn't edit my last one, admin's feel free to merge them please. It seems Digimon Crusader, the mobile Digimon game will be coming out some time in Fall of this year. Oh and the main page says something about using cards in it. That's all I could get outta it at least.

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Yoshi of Earth link=topic=17240.msg232692#msg232692 date=1345578721]
I'm assuming this is only going to be available for Japanese phones right?

Also on that, wasn't Tri-Crescendo a third party developer? I thought Namco Bandai just published Re-Digitize. Oh coarse I could be wrong. (and probably am)
[/quote]

no your right I forgot to add them cause the game hasn't been out to long, it would be interesting to have the guy who made sonic work on the game

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Yoshi of Earth link=topic=17240.msg232693#msg232693 date=1345580542]
Oh and the main page says something about using cards in it. That's all I could get outta it at least.
[/quote]

Specifically, the images show Jintrix cards. Might be a continuation of sorts since it was popular with fans.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, the art belongs to Jintrix, and five of the six suites of cards used to attack with are based on the types from Jintrix. Not sure if there's more to it than that.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=viperzerof-2 link=topic=17240.msg232714#msg232714 date=1345604544]
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/digimon_game/adventure/

official website might be of interest
[/quote]

yes' i've already put it, but thanks : P

I was thinking the same about jintrix cards.. it's the same art, and there are some digimon profiles..

are the same from the cards? or are they like characters for crusaders?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe someone said that Ofanimon was the one who called the player to the Digital World, so she's a character. Her profiles and those of the others seem to be taken directly from the Jintrix cards, though. The choices for who got profiles on the website seem kind of random:

Steel/Knight - LordKnightmon and Kotemon
Dragon/Beast - Greymon and Agumon
Natural - Rosemon and Floramon
Holy - Ofanimon and Angewomon
Dark - Vamdemon and Devimon

Status
Not open for further replies.