Digimon Adventure: Premieres Today!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'd say it's been a long wait for Digimon Adventure:, but we only found out about it a few months ago...

The show begins in roughly half an hour in Japan with Episode 1, Tokyo: Digital Crisis!

The simulcast on Crunchyroll will be 7:30pm Pacific (2.5 hours after it starts in Japan), so it'll be a super short wait to watch each episode of the show! For members who aren't subscribed the episode will unlock after a week.

Our discussion thread for Episode 1 can be found here to talk about the episode once you've seen it!

The discussion thread also includes a time converter to help you be sure when it airs for you.

Some areas might get it a bit later, so keep an eye on it if it doesn't show up for you immediately.

When Crunchyroll puts up a show and episode page we will update and link to them. Here is their announcement page for now.

Update- Crunchyroll series page is up.

If there are server issues, it's worth remembering that paid Crunchyroll members can connect their account to VRV and access Crunchyroll content from there also. (VRV members can do the same to access it on Crunchyroll in case it shows up earlier.)

(A new screenshot the official account put on Twitter.)

While Digimon has always had bits go many different ways, Digimon Adventure: is effectively a relaunch of the franchise with many other things coming out the wake of it releasing. The series itself is a reboot based on the 1999 series Digimon Adventure, which has been the defining element of the franchise over it's 20+ year history.

The plot synopsis for the new series:
It's the year 2020. The Network has become something humans can no longer do without in their daily lives. But what humans don't know is that on the other side of the Network is the Digital World, a realm of light and darkness. Nor are they aware of the Digimon who live there.

Widespread Network difficulties arise, centered around the Tokyo area. Traffic signals blink chaotically, public outdoor TVs display garbled text, and so on. The news reports it as a case of cyberterrorism.

Fifth grader Taichi Yagami stayed home by himself to get ready for a weekend summer camp, but his mother and little sister Hikari went to Shibuya, and now they're aboard a runaway train. Taichi hurries to Shibuya to save his mother and sister, but the instant he heads toward the station platform... a strange phenomenon befalls the DigiDestined, and Taichi goes to the Digital World! The DigiDestined meet their partner Digimon, and they're faced with an adventure into the unknown...!

Since most people have figured out streaming setups better than when tri. began, I won't be doing a streaming guide writeup again, but will answer any questions anyone has about having a better streaming setup.

If you missed it up above... Our discussion thread for Episode 1 can be found here to talk about the episode once you've seen it!

Also, a Digimon Parade update!

We now have 4 of the 5 high resolution mobile wallpapers unlocked. Just the 30k one left!

The 4th appears to have some line issues, when/if that gets fixed we will update.

Attachments

Last edited:

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The wait is over yay! Bring it.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still a couple hours until the CR simulcast, but the episode has aired in Japan. Seeing some spoilers on Twitter here and there.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Trendinig #4 worldwide and #1 in Japan. Overwhelming positive reaction so far.

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I new era of Digimon begins. Or should I say evolves

perignonic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gah! And I can’t watch it on CrunchyRoll because the license is not available in Singapore! :(

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will not give spoilers but that first episode was amazing. The characters, the settings, the story, and the animation I all have absolutely no complaints on. I hope the rest of the series is like this, I love it!

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was absolutely amazing! The soundtrack too! Especially in the moment that Taichi tries to catch Koromon. But did anyone else miss Brave Heart? :D

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really loved it, I am looking forward to seeing it as the storyline progresses. The animation and soundtrack are really good and while I miss "Butterfly" and "Brave Heart", those belonged to the original series. I noticed this story doesn't take place in Odaiba either, liking what I see so far.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Darn. Unless I can get money for VRV I'll have to wait until next week. ...That's fine. Considering how long we waited for it normally. heh heh

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Darn. Unless I can get money for VRV I'll have to wait until next week. ...That's fine. Considering how long we waited for it normally. heh heh
do you have a free trial offer for either VRV or Crunchyroll? As long as you set a reminder what your last day of the offer will be, you can see at that later date if it's affordable and then cancel if it doesn't work out for you with no penalties. It will at least let you see the first, second, and third episodes on time. Just be careful to set a reminder!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh. I talked about that on Twitter. They might not do those anymore. But again, it's OK. Now if I had a nicer job, I could pay for more then Netflix. And I'm only pay for 2 screens there. But yeah, I'll just wait and try to figure out who has that new Yugioh series.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It definitely helped that Izzy was introduced right off the bat as he's the HackerMan of the Digimon franchise, and no other character of other seasons can really dethrone him in that department.
Izzy as a protagonist can also be the one to cut to the chase on exposition dumps. There doesn't need to be some side-character loitering with the heroes for that, so this first episode was kept simple and succinct thanks to him. Izzy da MVP (though he can probably rub off as Mr.Convenience to newcomers which is a fair critique)