MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's been 18 years!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

March 7th, 1999 is when Digimon Adventure premiered in Japan!

And of course, not to be outdone, March 6th is when the original movie premiered to help lead up to the series!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Fans aren't the only people commenting on the franchise on this day...

Ota Kensuke, better known to fans as Volcano Ota (sometimes translated as Oota), the project head/director of the team that created Digimon posted a tweet along with an image to celebrate the day when Digimon began it's change from a small pocket LCD game/toy into the long lasting animation franchise it would become known for.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Oh right, it was today that Digimon Adventure first went on air.

So it's been 18 years since then...

The only Child-level character I have from Adventure in my home is this 'Kuta-Chara' plush of Gomamon (laughs).

It's always tricky deciding whether I am in a position to give my thanks, but I am still grateful for everyone who has come to like this series.

Thank you m(__)m
Thanks to garm for the translation of the message!

It's a nice message from a man closely associated for the brand for so long (Ota was involved with the brand not only in it's creation, but basically up until the day he left Bandai last year.)

It's nice to not only remember one of the bigger dates for the franchise, but to know one of the key figures in it's history does also.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow, I actually have that same Gomamon. It is one of the only pieces of non-book/game Digimon paraphernalia I own. He feels more special now, knowing Oota kept him that long too!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While not mentioned in the news... while his name isn't generally one of the ones mentioned when people bring up Akiyoshi Hongo (who obviously doesn't exist, at least as a a single person.)

Ota, as the project director for the original V-Pets, would certainly be one of the people who arguably could be 'thought of' as Akiyoshi Hongo.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome, though that does make me feel really old.

Here's hoping for 18 more years of Digimon!

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Im sad I never knew who this guy was. My wife has that beanie, too. ^^

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they'll release Child forms for the other Hybrids for their 15th anniversary? (Or fused Hybrids for the four 'evil' spirits?)

Solomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Who knows what's planned for March 2019... :eek:

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they'll release Child forms for the other Hybrids for their 15th anniversary? (Or fused Hybrids for the four 'evil' spirits?)
I doubt it but it would be a great way to celebrate both the 20th anniversary and Frontier's 15th anniversary.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While not mentioned in the news... while his name isn't generally one of the ones mentioned when people bring up Akiyoshi Hongo (who obviously doesn't exist, at least as a a single person.)

Ota, as the project director for the original V-Pets, would certainly be one of the people who arguably could be 'thought of' as Akiyoshi Hongo.

yeah, Ota was one of the father founders of the whole digimon franchise. He was also the one who brought up the D-1 Granprix for digimon vpet tournament. I still remember that the pendulum v-pet derived from hid thought about one of kickboxing fighting style

DigiAmy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Happy 18th anniversary Digimon Adventure! Hoping for more awesome years to come! ^^
The movie looks awesome too, and explains a lot to what happened in the show.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. 18 years. Things sure has changed. ...2019 sure is going to be a good year,

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
18 years--- Quite a roller coaster of an Adventure, ne? And here we are, now in a another journey with Taichi and the gang in their teenage years in Tri.