Digimon Adventure: Poster, Details, & V-Jump Images, Update- Translated!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that was quick.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It looks like we already have the Digimon Adventure: V-Jump images, on top of a nice clean image of the poster.

Update- The title being read as Digimon Adventure Ψ in the prior information was likely a misread of the digivice icon included in the logo. The title appears to be Digimon Adventure: based on the information and images we have now.

The poster shows off the logo, along with the kids and their Digimon. They all have redesigned outfits (well, Jou sort of doesn't.) The Digivice has been slightly redesigned, but at this point it's hard to say it's not just artistic flair.

The new Digimon TV series, Digimon Adventure:, is a reboot/alternate tale/universe/version of Digimon Adventure.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The V-jump pages goes over a lot, and Update- We have translations from onkei of all the Digimon Adventure: material!

"Digimon Adventure:"
The tale of a new Digimon with a complete fresh story!
Tag line: "Taichi and friends face the threat of digital crisis!!"
Broadcasting every Sunday at 9AM on Fuji TV beginning April 2020!!
The 1999 broadcast of "Digimon Adventure" is reborn as a completely new story set in 2020! We have information on the story and characters, as well as an interview with the producer and screenplay writer!
An adventure of the unknown takes place in 2020!
STORY: It's the year 2020. Computer networks have become an irreplaceable component for human lifestyles. However, what humans don't know is that on the other side of the network lives an endless world, the Digital World, and the Digimon who live there...
Large-scale network malfunctions occur in the capital city area. Streetlights blink erratically, big screen advertisements are filled with garbled text. The news reports it as cyber terrorism.
The main character is fifth grader Taichi Yagami, who lives in a high-rise apartment building in the Tokyo suburbs. He has stayed at home alone in order to prepare for his summer camp at the end of the week, but his mother and younger sister Hikari who have gone out to Shibuya are trapped inside a moving train that can't be braked. Taichi hurries to Shibuya to save his mom and sister, but the moment he heads to the train station platform... Something strange happens and Taichi finds himself in the Digital World!
The children meet their Digimon partners and face an unknown "adventure"...!

We also have short details for the new version of Taichi and Agumon:
The passionate young boy who takes action, TAICHI YAGAMI: A fifth grader who lives in the Tokyo suburbs! He has a strong sense of justice, and will always run to help when his family and friends are in danger!
His speech line: "Let's go! We're the only ones who can stop them!"
The "Digimon" waiting for Taichi, AGUMON: A monster shaped like a dinosaur who meets Taichi Yagami when he wanders into his world.
His speech line: "I finally meet you, Taichi!"

The mysterious creatures "Digimon," a word that is short for "Digital Monsters" who live in the digital world. They come in various species, such as dinosaur, bird, and even robot. Through "evolution," they change shape and power up!

Also a short interview with the producer and writer:
Interview with the producer Hiroyuki Sakurada and the screenplay writer Atsuhiro Tomioka.

1. What points should we pay attention to in the new visual poster?
Sakurada: There's the new Digivice that Taichi is holding, as well as the starring characters whose designs have changed a bit. In the background, the bottom part of it is the real world, while the upper part is the Digital World.

2. What kind of story is it?
Tomioka: Digimon will cause dangers in the real world, which Taichi and the others will solve through the Digital World. There will be some realism in the dangers that happen.

3. What are the highlights of this series?
Sakurada: The battle scenes, which will make the best use of each Digimon's "special trait." How they face on the ability of the Digimon attacking them will differ. We'll be showing each monster's charmpoint through their fighting.

4. What Digimon will appear in the show?
Tomioka: It will be like a festival. We'll be showing as many as possible, according to the situation, without holding back. We also have a small surprise ready after their partner has evolved!

They leave off saying that Digimon.net will 'open' on January 21st, so it looks like they are planning on redoing the official Bandai Digimon website based on the new show. A video will be on the website on January 24th.

It is indeed a modern reboot of Digimon Adventure so it'll be interesting to see what gets done with that.

On top of that is the new card game, which details matches what was posted about by ryokutya2089. Translated details for the card game info...

A new Digimon TCG scheduled to be sold on April 2020!
The starter sets will come in three different colors, Red, Blue, and Yellow.
Price of 500yen each + tax.
Red (Agumon): A super-aggressive fighting style!
Red is mainly assigned to dinosaur-type and dragon-type. By raising their DP (attack power), they have the power to overwhelm opponents!

Yellow (Patamon): Ability to control the place!
Yellow is assigned to holy beast-type, fairy-type, and angel-type. Many of its cards have the affect to lower the opponent's DP.

Blue (Gabumon): Emphasis on development!
Blue is assigned to beast-type, beast man-type, and knight-types. They control the place by annulling the opponent's cards.
The gameplay strategy is to make changes with color! The color of the card around the Digimon's name will come in either red, blue, or yellow. Each Digimon has a different color which have a special trait to the effect they carry. If you go against a Digimon of the same color, you can evolve to the Digimon you want.

The rules and how to interpret the cards will be explained in the next issue.

Previous info on the new show can be found here.

Update- The rest of the new issue of V-Jump can be found here.

Thanks to a few different people for sending this in. The original source isn't clear for now, but the image quality is far better than we tend to expect so early. Update- The source appears to be Tsurugi (not our Tsurugi, I think...)

Update- Changed title.

Update- Lots of updates above.

HawkG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I'm not feeling this at all but we got a new writer so I'll bite.

MagicBox

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, there it is.

There are definitely positives to this. The character designs look great, obviously. Nakatsuru's work is timeless, and I like everyone's new clothes (especially Hikari's). I hope this show's "reboot" status doesn't mean they'll be recasting the characters yet again, because I really want to hear Kazama, Tenjin, Kikuchi, Maeda, and Araki return to voice their characters now that tri. and Last Evolution are over and the kids are young again. And of course, I love these characters and I always will, so I can't not be at least a little excited to see them again.

At the same time, though, I so desperately wish that Toei would just move on. Toshiko Fujita's gone. Yūko Mizutani's gone. Takanori Arisawa's gone. Kōji Wada's gone. Hiroko Konishi ain't coming out of retirement. The party's over, man. You can only lose so much of what made me love this show (and these characters) in the first place before I lose the interest to come back. And this sort of announcement so close to the premiere of Last Evolution kind of sours the whole premise of that film ("Ya ain't goin' to be seein' them again!").

Fingers crossed they at least reunite the key members of the DiGiMONMUSiC team (Michihiko Ōta, Cher Watanabe, Hiroshi Yamada, etc.) for a fresh batch of songs.

Last edited:

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see so it is a modern 1:1 remake of the original series set in 2020, kinda surprised they didn't just remaster it? Doesn't really seem like a reboot to me since it takes place in the same universe?

If it's a reboot why didn't they just do it years ago instead of the mes that Tri was. Old fans would have been hyped and new fans gained.

Last edited:

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm willing to give it a shot. Hopefully the changes to the plot are substantial and not at all just cosmetic for the purposes of a cash-grab.

yulkyun

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are only 6 digimons on the poster, so where are Patamon and Tailmon?

sugarplumfairy

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And this sort of announcement so close to the premiere of Last Evolution kind of sours the whole premise of that film ("Ya ain't goin' to be seein' them again!").
I disagree. This effectively confirms that Last Evolution is indeed the last time we are going to see the original characters in the original timeline. The story that started with Digimon Adventure in 1999 effectively ends here. That makes it a poignant goodbye.

The new show is a different story, with different characters who only share the same name and appearance as the ones we have known until now. They're starting over.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see so it is a modern 1:1 remake of the original series set in 2020, kinda surprised they didn't just remaster it? Doesn't really seem like a reboot to me since it takes place in the same universe?
It isn't a 1:1 remake. The synopsis says that something will happen to Taichi in Shibuya.

I guess Taichi will meet Agumon there, which will change everything.

Last edited:

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It isn't a 1:1 remake. The synopsis says that something will happen to Taichi in Shibuya.

Ohhh, so it might take place in an AU? Then I'd be curious.

And why a reboot now, fans have been screaming for it for years. They should have done it instead of Tri.

Last edited:

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it interesting neither Patamon nor Tailmon are on the poster. Tailmon I understand, but no Patamon makes me think either both will come later than usual. Maybe after they fight and beat Devimon (if he's in this show), he turns into Patamon and becomes Takeru's partner.

sugarplumfairy

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Set in 2020, mostly in the real world? Yes, this is a straight AU.

This a new Taichi, like V-Tamer!Taichi. Similar to Adv!Taichi in appearance and personality, but effectively a new character.

pipefox_pedro

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do my eyes deceive me, or does Takaru's hat have "TK" written on it?

Still not sure how I feel about this. I'll watch it of course! I just wish they annouced it after the movie.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's also worth mentioning the title isn't as clear as it was made out to be. It looks like the title may have been misread before. It may just be "Digimon Adventure:" and the Digivice logo may have been mistaken as a symbol. For now we will call it Psi for clarity, but that may change quickly (the title in the top right of the poster ending the title after : is a primary reason it looks like Psi was a misread.)
I don't think it was exactly a mistake. I think ryokutya2089 mentioned that PSI title was just a placeholder (although I'm not totally sure, since I don't know Japanese).

Last edited:

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Set in 2020, mostly in the real world? Yes, this is a straight AU.

This a new Taichi, like V-Tamer!Taichi. Similar to Adv!Taichi in appearance and personality, but effectively a new character.
Whoa this is actually really interesting which means there are more posibilities and no restrictions. They should have done that from the beginning instead of the poorly produces sequels tbvh, most fans would have been hyped. I'm curious if they'll aim for a 02 ending again, but somehow don't think they will.

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it takes place in modern time and it might just be called “Digimon Adventure”? Looks like some fans are getting the reboot they wanted:p
I wonder the two new digimon hinted in the last evolution trailer will show up here? And what about Tailmon and Patamon? So many things to talk about til April!

MagicBox

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I disagree. This effectively confirms that Last Evolution is indeed the last time we are going to see the original characters in the original timeline. The story that started with Digimon Adventure in 1999 effectively ends here. That makes it a poignant goodbye. The new show is a different story, with different characters who only share the same name and appearance as the ones we have known until now. They're starting over.
Oh, rest assured, I totally get that. But at the same time, that's... not satisfying? At all?

As I said, I love these characters and I'm always excited to see them in whatever incarnation they're going to take. And you're right, this new show is a new story, with new characters. Characters with the same names and appearances as the old ones. The exact same appearances. But they're different, we promise! All I'm saying is, if you spend months of nostalgia-pumped advertising on a movie that features a poignant goodbye for beloved characters, and then you announce that those characters will be starring in all-new adventures on television two months later, you're robbing the "goodbye" of some of its poignancy. As the saying goes, "we can't miss you if you never leave!"

I'm sure Last Adventure will be great. I'm sure this new show will be great. I'm excited. But it feels like such a corny "we want to have our cake and eat it, too" attempt for Toei, where they get to say goodbye to something, but really don't have to say goodbye to anything at all.

Last edited:

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was hoping for some more drastic changes in terms of evolutions at least, but based on what we can see we know Greymon and Garurumon are here for sure, and WarGreymon and Omegamon are heavily implied based on the card game and actual logo, respectively. Which also implies we know the full Agumon and Gabumon lines for this series before it even starts. At best, we’ll see the new Digimon from Last Evolution, I guess.

Cautiously optimistic about the actual series itself though. While I don’t like the clothing choices for the characters right now, they’re still versions of the characters I grew up with. Premise sounds neat even if pretty similar to previous events, including previous Adventure stories, so here’s hoping it’s used to its full potential.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update- Changed the title.