Digimon Adventure Omegamon x Red Monkey Designs Wrist Watch, Pre-Orders Open

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bandai is going high end with the next Digimon item...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A super fancy Omegamon watch.

Being made by the Bandai Fashion brand, this high end watch is certainly among the fancier Digimon items made in quite awhile.

We first found out about this item almost a week ago, so a good chunk of this info is from a prior article.

Officially announced and shown off at Anime Japan at the Toei booth, this watch is being made as part of a collaboration with leather accessory maker Red Monkey, and will also be branded as part of Digimon's 20th Anniversary.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Omegamon face on the front of the watch is carved from Silver 925 and was designed by Kenji Watanabe. The watchface will be handmade by a Japanese craftsman.

The main body of the watch is brass.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The leather wrist strap (belt) is, of course, made and designed by Red Monkey (including the buckle parts.) It's mentioned the leather and buckle pieces might be weathered and scratched because the items are made by hand, one by one in America, and is part of Red Monkey's style.

If you remove the watch from the wrist strap (perhaps to put on a normal watch band) you'll notice something on the back of the watch...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Agumon and Gabumon art by Kenji Watanabe inscribed onto the back.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The item will also come with a very classy bag with yet more Kenji Watanabe art, this time featuring MetalGarurumon, WarGreymon, and Omegamon's sword. The drawing will be gold foil that has been applied using gilding.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Initial orders will be allowed to order a 'first print' version that uses white leather to better represent Omegamon. The white leather has a unique texture that will apparently age very nicely.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The item is up for pre-order now at Premium Bandai (it's listed at Bandai Fashion also, but it just kicks you over to Premium Bandai to order.)

Omegamon Watch- Black Version
Omegamon Watch- White Version

As for the price... 48,600 yen after tax. Orders close on April 20th at 11PM JST. The watches will ship in July.

At the moment it isn't clear what makes the white version a 'first print' edition.

The measurements for the watch are:
Watch Body- Roughly 1.6 inches in diameter for the body and .55 inches thick (they specify this doesn't include the crown and other elements.)
Leather Belt- The width is roughly 2.1 inches and it is roughly 10.75 inches long. There are six belt holes which are placed between roughly 7.5 inches and 9.5 inches on the belt.

Also, the bag artwork will appear elsewhere..

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A shikishi board of the bag artwork will be a prize in an campaign. To enter... you buy the watch. Three people will receive a high quality print which will be autographed by Kenji Watanabe.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

In addition, we have a few photos of Kenji Watanabe discussing and working on the watch.

We will have a related interview translated as soon as possible.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan
Japan Hero

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend three potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
Buyee
From Japan (this From japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
Samurai Buyer

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the links to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The link embedded in the news article for the product items are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full store front and may have the item you want listed, so you may want to check that first.

Update- Added images of the watch on a wrist and the bag pulled shut via amiami.

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What an unexpectedly high end thing, and hear I am a broke ass fan. I hope the rest of the Fandom is in forbes richest.

Kaid115

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never knew I needed something so needless as this watch in my entire life, I MUST HAVE IT.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost thought "holy shit" it looks amazing. Not a fan of the wide leather belt. Completely ruins the design for me. I don't want that fat belt around my arm. I expected something more sleek I guess.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost thought "holy shit" it looks amazing. Not a fan of the wide leather belt. Completely ruins the design for me. I don't want that fat belt around my arm. I expected something more sleek I guess.
It's meant to be fancy and stylish, not necessarily sleek.

The watch body itself appears standard though, so it'd be easy enough to replace with a more standard band.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm... it's coming out at a bad time for me. Maybe in 6 months or so, I'll finally be getting all my pay in arrears so I could purchase something like this.

Also, I really don't like the leather band design either. Too clunky for normal wear. Super hot and uncomfortable in the summer too!

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The artwork design is great (I am particularly fond of the back-to-back MetalGarurumon and WarGreymon picture)! But this watch is more expensive than a Nintendo Switch or the new iPad in USD lololol. Still, the high end stuff Bandai has been promoting is very cool...

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's hoping just the watch gets sold later. Still will be pricey, though, with the hand-crafted face.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love it but not the price, ouch!