Digimon Adventure Memorial Book Announced

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The publisher/distributor has it up on their blog with the same date listed, so I think we can say it's a sure thing now.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just an update from CDJapan since I emailed them as soon as the publisher blog updated with the actual release date and they just got back to me this morning.

They have updated the product details, however the WILL NOT be taking pre-orders and will only be able to sell the product if the publisher has stock after the release comes out.

What does this mean for you? If you were hoping to pre-order from CDJapan, well, tough. You're flat out of luck, they completely missed the boat on being able to offer pre-orders on the confirmed product so you'll just have to hope that this isn't a 1 run limited release product.

On the bright side, it looks like at least some of the other sites with English web ordering have re-opened ordering on the product in addition to the amazon.co.jp listing mentioned a few posts up from here, so if you do want to pre-order the book, there are still options available.

Also, I don't know if it means anything, but CDJapan has reduced the product weight from the original 700g down to a new weight of 340g. I'm guessing it's just a change from guestimate to actual weight, but it's still a pretty significant difference.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, yeah I know that triple posting is terrible, but everyone else seems to be talked out until the book actually shows up (and I don't think the "new post" icon lights up if I just modify my other post).

Anyway, CDJapan has opened orders. You may purchase a copy here: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-722744

Please note the shipping delay of 2-4 days, so even EMS shipping will not get to you prior to next week.

Cost: 2600 yen (plus shipping)
Weight: 690g

I expect that if you pre-ordered off of another site that books could arrive to North America as early as Friday (assuming they ship today [it's Tuesday in Japan]). We should definitely have stuff to talk about next week. Hopefully someone with Japanese knowledge will get this early on so we can have more than just a pretty picture show.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't like doing it in any case :p

But just a heads up, although CDJapan lists Availability as ships in 2-4 days on their site, when the order is actually processed, the time quote on your order status page lists may take 1-2 weeks.

We'll see what happens if this actually enters shipping this week.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ordered from HMV and it lists the book as "in transit"... but no tracking number or transaction record, so I'm assuming it means that the book is heading towards HMV to then be shipped to me on the 25th. Exciting development either way. \o/

I'm sure there are people out there who will do the same thing, but I set up a page on my translation blog for the book. Feel free to check it out in the link below whenever you wish.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have just received shipping confirmation from CDJapan. With any luck I'll have the book next Friday.

Fugitivo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
HMV has already sent the book! But shipping cost were increased, so I am not very happy... Anyway, I am getting the book soon! 1-2 weeks.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got mine today.

Let's just say damn awesome.

rainmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Fugitivo link=topic=12509.msg176498#msg176498 date=1267132790]
HMV has already sent the book! But shipping cost were increased, so I am not very happy... Anyway, I am getting the book soon! 1-2 weeks.
[/quote]
Same...
I just emailed them and asked them why... Waiting for reply
That's like almost double of shipping cost...

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=rainmon link=topic=12509.msg176507#msg176507 date=1267143675]
Same...
I just emailed them and asked them why... Waiting for reply
That's like almost double of shipping cost...
[/quote]

From what I've heard about their shipping costs from other people, they must have had the book pegged at something like 200-300g whereas CDJapan lists the weight as 690g.

rainmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=jpwong link=topic=12509.msg176509#msg176509 date=1267148198]
From what I've heard about their shipping costs from other people, they must have had the book pegged at something like 200-300g whereas CDJapan lists the weight as 690g.
[/quote]
Is it 200-300g or 690g?
I remember shouldn't there also a CD that comes with it :p

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No mention of a CD anywhere. >>;

?Digimon Adventure
?Synopsis
?Main characters
Yagami Taichi/ Agumon/ Ishida Yamato/ Gabumon/ Takenouchi Sora/ Piyomon/ Izumi Koushiro/ Tentomon/ Tachikawa Mimi/ Palmon/ Kido Jou/ Gomamon/ Takaishi Takeru/ Patamon/ Yagami Hikari/ Tailmon
?Story guide
?Digimon Movie 01
?Digimon Adventure?
?Digimon Movie 02
?Digimon Adventure bokura no war game?
?Database
?Column "Digimon Monster's History"
?Digimon Adventure 02
?Synopsis
?Main characters
Motomiya Daisuke/ V-mon/ Inoue Miyako/ Hawkmon/ Hida Iori/ Armadimon/ Takaishi Takeru/ Yagami Hikari/ Digimon Kaiser/ Ichijouji Ken/ Wormmon/ Jogress evolutions/ 1999 Chosen Children
?Story guide
?Digimon Movie 03
?Digimon Adventure 02 zenpen - digimon hurricane jouriku!! kouhen - chouzetsu shinka!! ougon on digimental?
?Digimon Movie 04
?Digimon Adventure 02 diablomon no gyakushuu?
?Database
?Column "25 years later"
?Digimon Tamers
?Synopsis
?Main characters
Matsuda Takato/ Guilmon/ Lee Jianliang/ Terriermon/ Makino Ruki/ Renamon/ Katou Juri/ Shioda Hirokazu/ Kitagawa Kenta/ Lee Shaochung/ Akiyama Ryo/ Impmon/ Culumon/ Digi-Gnome
?Digimon Movie 05
?Digimon Tamers boukenshatachi no tatakai?
?Digimon Movie 06
?Digimon Tamers bousou digimon tokkyuu?
?Database
?Column "The Tamers' Digital World"
?Digimon Frontier
?Synopsis
?Main characters
Kanbara Takuya/ Agnimon/ Minamoto Kouji/ Wolfmon/ Orimoto Izumi/ Fairymon/ Shibayama Junpei/ Blitzmon/ Himi Tomoki/ Chakmon/ Kimura Kouichi/ Lowemon/ Bokomon/ Neemon/ The 3 Arch Angel Digimon/ Trailmon/ Evil 5 Warriors/ Royal Knights
?Story guide
?Digimon Movie 07
?Digimon Frontier kodai digimon fukkatsu!!?
?Database
?Column "Digital Monster X-Evolution"
?Digimon Savers
?Synopsis
?Main characters
Daimon Masaru/ Agumon/ Tohma H Norschstein/ Gaomon/ Fujieda Yoshino/ Lalamon/ Ikuto/ Falcomon/ Satsuma Rentarou/ Kudamon/ Kurosaki Miki/ Shirakawa Megumi/ Pawnchessmon/ Yushima Hiroshi/ Kamemon/ Daimon Sayuri/ Daimon Chika/ BantyoLeomon/ Kurata Akihiro/ Tsubasa Kouki/ Nanami/ Ivan/ Gizmon/ Belphemon/ Mercurimon/ Saberleomon/ Royal Knights
?Story guide
?Digimon Movie 08
?Digimon Savers kyuukyoku pawaa! burst mode hatsudou!!?
?Database
?Special contents
?Digimon Music Museum!!
?DVD chronicle
?Special interview
Seki Hiromi (Producer) x Kakudou Hiroyuki (Series director) x Yukio Kaizawa (Series director)
?Digimon index

Bakuryu Asuka

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds like a lot details. I wonder what new info we might get from that.
X-Evolution is listed under Frontier?
Tsubasa Kouki? Does that mean that his family name is indeed Tsubasa and the rumours are true?

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's possible that the "tsubasa" kanji is somehow read differently, just like his first name ("Kouki" is a very rare reading of that kanji). For now though, as my book isn't here yet, that's all that can be said from me.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
;___;
All the side characters of Savers, but not the adults from Tamers are listed...
Why?

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=onkeikun link=topic=12509.msg176522#msg176522 date=1267179509]
No mention of a CD anywhere. >>;[/quote]

[quote author=onkeikun link=topic=12509.msg176522#msg176522 date=1267179509]
?Special contents
?Digimon Music Museum!!
?DVD chronicle[/quote]

Dunno about you, but a "Digimon Music Museum" sounds like a CD... In any case even if there's not a specific CD, there is a DVD.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh, I thought the "Digimon Music Museum" and "DVD chronicle" was just a chronology in the book about the list of music CDs they've made and probably some background on how the DVD boxsets got started... not actual CD/DVD. That'd be interesting if there were actual. Usually my experience is that Japan jacks up item price incredibly for those.