Digimon Adventure Memorial Book Announced

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Bakuryu Asuka link=topic=12509.msg166025#msg166025 date=1251831214]
Given that a lot places already have it sold out before it is even released, that is likely.
[/quote]

Seriously? Damn that's some going.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yikes, i haven't even been able to preorder it yet and it's sold out in some places? *sigh* stupid college books XD

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Kaida Spirit link=topic=12509.msg166034#msg166034 date=1251837026]
yikes, i haven't even been able to preorder it yet and it's sold out in some places? *sigh* stupid college books XD
[/quote]

Not just some places, ALL web sites that have english interfaces sold out about a week and a half ago. CDJapan closed out pre-orders on August 3 with HMV following suit mid-month. 1999.co.jp shut them down last and is maintaining a "Waiting list" I think.

And I don't think this has anything to do with printing more books. If it were the case, it would make more sense to ship all the pre-orders and begin a second run. It seems more likely that they simply could not make their proposed deadline. You'll notice that even though many of the sites have updated their release date information, no one has re-opened pre-orders to accommodate more people.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From what little I've been able to find out...

I think the book was accidentally presolicited with a date they knew they wouldn't make, hence Amazon Japan never putting up their page for it.

I'll let people know if I find out anymore

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I suppose it's not too surprising, a lot of the sites did stress the fact that the dates could change at the publisher's discretion. Does Amazon Japan work differently than North America's versions? Cause I've seen amazon.com list pre-order books a year ahead of the "anticipated" publishing date.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=jpwong link=topic=12509.msg166058#msg166058 date=1251855088]
Well, I suppose it's not too surprising, a lot of the sites did stress the fact that the dates could change at the publisher's discretion. Does Amazon Japan work differently than North America's versions? Cause I've seen amazon.com list pre-order books a year ahead of the "anticipated" publishing date.
[/quote]

Amazon Japan generally (generally...) put's up the info once the official solicitation info is given to them. Amazon.com often throws up 'something' once they are aware a product exists.

So with some products even if we know about them far in advance, there won't be a preorder on Amazon Japan until a month or two before it's out.

AgumonXD

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Will the Book be in English or Japanese? ???

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=AgumonXD link=topic=12509.msg166350#msg166350 date=1252382104]
[/quote]

Well the fact it's going to be out in Japan, should be a big hint.

rianmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=AgumonXD link=topic=12509.msg166350#msg166350 date=1252382104]
[/quote]
Engrish. What else?

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=rianmon link=topic=12509.msg166434#msg166434 date=1252539121]
Engrish. What else?
[/quote]

Good answer ;D

Though I'm guessing there's going to be a considerable amount of artwork for those of use who won't actually be able to read it.

Thief

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hope it's more artwork and less text then.

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
isn't that what the books mostly are anyway?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, there are art books. Those are usually just art and some text.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Kaida Spirit link=topic=12509.msg166471#msg166471 date=1252622823]
isn't that what the books mostly are anyway?
[/quote]

Depends, as the description of the book is loosely speaking "With precious establishment images along with the story, look back on the passionate history of the partners and their Digimon!"

You can almost expect recaps of the seasons, character bios, perhaps explanations of various image material. There can be any amount of text to go along with the images. I mean if they want to explain backstory and stuff not directly presented in the anime, the thoughts of various cast, directors, etc, there could be considerable amounts of text.

rianmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My sarcasam is due to my disappointment in the email I rec'd letting me know I neeed to wait just a weeee bit longer. Yes, mostly pictures is what I expect to enjoy. I do the cards dammit. What little I translate is the common stuff you see on the cards. LMAO but it took me years to get to that point. Thank goodness for Fenrir after that.

Pics are expected to highlight this book. I'm cool with that. The truth in the pudding is the text associated with this book may actually reveal some juicy stuff. Not a Google translation interpretation from Joe Smoe; something that is actually legit. I just hate waiting longer after looking forward to this release for so long. Totally bites.

amigobro2

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sacramento -> Los Angeles, CA -> Anywhere on Earth
You know, I was just thinking, if they were to have characters bios included, I hope that they will add info like birthdays, blood types, etc., lol, THAT would be the icing on the cake, and I would actually like that a little more than the pictures to be honest, lol. :p

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering how much of that info would have been generated after the fact though. It wouldn't make it any less "official", but seems like it would sort of have been a waste to keep that data behind closed doors if they had it only to publish it in a publication that may or may not have happened when they wrote it all.