Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Screening Update

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Not really unepected news due to coronavirus concerns, but...

No official announcement from Fathom or Toei at this time, but after Regal earlier today, and AMC just minutes ago, announced that they will be closing for unspecified periods of time (in addition to other smaller chains, and a number of cities closing theaters themselves), the Kizuna screening is effectively cancelled, even if it hasn't been made official yet.

I would give it a day or two for refunds to make their way through systems.

Hopefully we get an update on some other way to see the movie.

If the screening does go in the few theaters still open local to you, for obvious health reasons it's probably best not to go.

Update: Toei and Fathom have both put up messages confirming the event is cancelled.

Both refer to it as if they plan to reschedule it, so we will see what happens in the end.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was gonna go see it because it came out earlier in Australia but I wasn't able to because apparently there were cases found very close by. Shattered the way the world's going I'm probably gonna have to wait for the DVD. This virus doesn't seem like it's going anywhere anytime soon.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they reschedule it....Do you think there is any chance?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At this point I'd say... impossible to know.

Most things programmed like this as timed for opportune moments when there is a hole in the schedule. With movies being closed and pushed back, there could be any number of additional movies entering the schedule that were supposed to be coming out now.

Some of the chains that have closed have announced being closed for a decent chunk of time.

AMC plans to be closed for 6 to 12 weeks 'at least', based on what happens.

The tail of that pushes back Black Widow, Scoob, Spongebob, Artemis Fowl, Wonder Woman 1984, and more.

It may hit the point (if delaying at all doesn't hit it) where just waiting for a video release in late summer might be the choice they go for for Digimon.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At this point I'd say... impossible to know.

Most things programmed like this as timed for opportune moments when there is a hole in the schedule. With movies being closed and pushed back, there could be any number of additional movies entering the schedule that were supposed to be coming out now.

Some of the chains that have closed have announced being closed for a decent chunk of time.

AMC plans to be closed for 6 to 12 weeks 'at least', based on what happens.

The tail of that pushes back Black Widow, Scoob, Spongebob, Artemis Fowl, Wonder Woman 1984, and more.

It may hit the point (if delaying at all doesn't hit it) where just waiting for a video release in late summer might be the choice they go for for Digimon.
I did try to reach out to both Fathom Events and Toei but no response yet. I'm not all too sure they will get back to me but fingers crossed. It just boils down to if Toei is dedicated to the fans I guess...We can only wait and see.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How many have it left? None? It's possible a few places might still show it

AnimeLover1986

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just check Malco website. It took the listing for Digimon down.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So disappointed, but I understand why they did this. I think it would be nice if they released a stream of some soon, since it will be a little weird going back to the OG Adventure once Colon starts.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A lot of other major film studios are turning to putting up their recently released (and apparently upcoming films in the case of Universal) for digital streaming. I highly doubt Toei is the type to be so forward thinking, but it’d be nice if they were.

In this case, putting Kizuna up behind a nice paywall on, say, Crunchyroll would mean they’d be reaching a wider audience (by virtue of there being a larger international audience without access to the one day screenings that are also accustomed to watching Digimon on the service as is). The other side of the coin is the likelihood of pirating jumps up to a near certainty...

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As I said before Toei should of just dub this movie and release it onto Netflix just like what TCPI did with Mewtwo strikes back Evolution. Toei is not listening to us fans on what we want

1 night sub only screening in the u.s was not going to work out anyway Since I keep since people saying in toei twitter for u.k, Canada, Australia etc releases.

Update:

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with the info from both Toei and Fathom about it being cancelled.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the Mewtwo movie remake, Netflix has the Japanese version up as well. This is the first time we have ever had a Japanese Pokémon movie in the United States. I was more interested in that than the English dub because I don't care for TPCi. it remains to be seen if the Japanese versions of the other films get put up and if the next movie coming out this year gets a Japanese audio release on Netflix in the United States.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So disappointed, but I understand why they did this. I think it would be nice if they released a stream of some soon, since it will be a little weird going back to the OG Adventure once Colon starts.
Technically the OG cast aren't going anyway just yet since there's still three more memorial story OVA.

Anyway at least it's delayed and not outright cancelled. Maybe they'll do a dual subbed and dubbed cinema release later this year like a lot of amines do these days.