Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna - Release Date and Trailer

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm extremely interested. I wonder how this will turn out. That's going to be a long wait though.

Digitalguy

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks great. Only real worry is that it's mostly gonna be Tai and Agumon action

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks great. Only real worry is that it's mostly gonna be Tai and Agumon action
I was thinking about this too, but it makes sense that we would only be getting a Tai and Agumon showcase as part of such an early piece of promotion. It was like this with Tri too if I'm not mistaken, and then they didn't take up all that much of the actual air time overall.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally, as much as I'd love to see various other characters get focus, I think the movie is more likely to be good if it is just focused on Taichi and Agumon. There's only so much that can fit well in a single film.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally watched it. Animation style looks great! I'm glad they don't seem to be totally dropping the introspective nature after Tri, I thought that was one of its better aspects. Definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully a dub announcement soon!

NEO Ness

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it'll come full circle, as the end and the beginning being similar. At least, I think there'll be a scene reminiscent of the first movie that helped launch the Digimon Adventure series. https://prnt.sc/obvron

NeoDarklight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting. More specifically, the phrase "Our Last Evolution". I don't recall there ever being a time in Adventure where the Chosen Children referred to Evolution to themselves in the context of the Digimon evolving, except perhaps that one time in the original with Yamato wanting to evolve himself, not literally, but as an analogy for personal growth. This time, however, it really doesn't seem to be an analogy of that sort. They may very well have a Matrix Evolution happen in the movie.

Also, the phones reminds me of how the Tamers switched to smartphones in place of their original Digivices in the incomplete script for the proposed Tamers sequel, and it may well be in reference to that, possibly as a stealth tie-in of sorts. Alternatively, they just really liked the idea and yoinked it. Personally, I like the idea of the Digivice being separate. A physical manifestation of the bond between a human and their Digimon partner just seems kind of sacred to me, and really, going full-in on the phone thing just seems like an odd choice.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we're getting Diablomon again. He was the Adventure and 02 closers, it'd be kinda fitting for him to be the closer after Tri too, not to mention his name drop at the end of that.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we're getting Diablomon again. He was the Adventure and 02 closers, it'd be kinda fitting for him to be the closer after Tri too, not to mention his name drop at the end of that.
Oh, God, I hope not. No Leomon, no Wizardmon, no Myotismon, no Diablomon, no Digital Kaizer, no Dark Masters, please. Parrotmon and the hundredth form of Omnimon that we are inevitably getting (and at a stretch Genai because his presence might mean filling in some gaps regarding the several big questions that Tri left unanswered) is enough nostalgia already. They'd better focus more on telling a coherent story this time instead.

Don't get me wrong, they could always make a good story involving Diablomon too, I guess, but I wouldn't trust them to. I'd rather they feel compelled to make us care about a situation that we have no prior impression of/opinion on.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah that would be pointless now that we have so many Omegamon types. I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe BlitzGreymon or some new above ordinary mega level WarGreymon. Seeing the digivice it looks like some kind of Golden digimon form

Tyilinmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The light off reminds me of a countdown. A countdown to apocalypse?

About the villain, I'm hoping it's Daemon

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah that would be pointless now that we have so many Omegamon types. I'm thinking more along the lines of maybe BlitzGreymon or some new above ordinary mega level WarGreymon. Seeing the digivice it looks like some kind of Golden digimon form

They did once say Merciful Mode was designed to be gold at first. Time to reuse that design!

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The light off reminds me of a countdown. A countdown to apocalypse?

About the villain, I'm hoping it's Daemon
While I find Daemon a cool villian, he's more a 02 enemy and would feel weird if the 02 cast is put aside again.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They did once say Merciful Mode was designed to be gold at first. Time to reuse that design!
Gold Merciful Mode with a Taichi head instead of a MetalGarurumon head for the cannon hand it is.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh boy, that title. Looks like it is time, once again, for 🌩 the End of DIGIMON 🌩.

Hahahahaha. Ew.

Honestly I’d like it if Merciful Mode split back into upgraded versions of its eight constituent ultimates — maybe angelicised, maybe Omegamonised, but please, God, make it something interesting. Maybe that’s why they’ve still released very little information about Merciful Mode: this movie is going to show him off in full splendour, and even if they’re introducing new forms in this movie, if it’s via partition then Merciful Mode himself is still technically the highest form, and they’d want to save all his secrets for this. From all the emphasis on Taichi, though, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was just a new evolution for Agumon, or maybe Agumon and Gabumon, whether individually or as a fusion.

I agree that it would be weird to use Demon. We could do Devimon though. Despite being the evolutionary root for three of the franchise’s most memorable high-level demons, as those have all been sculpted into their own pseudo-characters there’s ceased to really be a digimon that’s just ‘Devimon’s ultimate’. He could use one.

Although with the BnWG–looking hyperspace tunnel it’ll probably just be Diavolomon again, which would fit if this is supposed to be to Tri kind of what Our War Game was to Adventure and especially if it’s going to introduce some new Omegamon.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They never said Merciful Mode was designed to be gold, it's kind of the opposite in fact.

Watanabe thought designing a new Omegamon was unnecessary and initially declined the idea, so they were going to simply have Omegamon be upgraded into a gold colored form. As development was happening on the 6th movie Watanabe realized he was wrong, and that a color swap wouldn't have the impact needed, so designed Merciful Mode.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just doing a color swap to Gold? What is this? Kamen Rider? heh heh ...He is right though.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm positively surprised about the trailer so far. I kinda dig the "Last Evolution Kizuna" title, it really feels like a proper finale and has more personality than just a word like tri. series. Besides, I like the fact that they didn't use 6 different versions of 'Butter-fly' as we were used to and the fact that there's a new Digivice going on, it proves they are pandering nostalgia but at the same time they are really trying to aim something different, more meaningful this time. My kudos to the animation in the PV, not only because they blended perfectly the original and tri. artstyle, but because the frames seem fluid and natural this time around, and that's a lot compared to its predecessor product. My only complaint here are the dialogue lines, they have gone around the same idea of growing up in tri. so many times without properly arriving to anything that it just feels unnecesary, forced and repetitive. I really hope they show us a proper product for 'Digimon fans' as they claim with more action development and less filler drama, or at least not in an incosistent and problematic way, at the time I prefer to keep my expectations low.