Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom)
Title of the movie is confirmed.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Spring 2020 USA release.

Update- To clarify this, some reports from the panel mentioned a 'theatrical' release in the USA in Spring. To my knowledge this is a misunderstanding of the message at the end of the trailer. Unless I missed something, I don't believe there was any literal mention of a theatrical release (although a limited release ala Fathom seems likely.)

The Director is Tomohisa Taguchi, who worked on various Persona anime (most notable the Persona 3 films and Persona 4 the Golden Animation series), Twin Star Exorcists, and Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World-. It was also noted that he actually grew up as a Digimon fan.

The Writer is Akatsuki Yamatoya, who wrote for Digimon Adventure, Digimon Frontier, Digimon Savers, various parts of the Gintama franchise, Blue Dragon, Buso Renkin, Heroman, Soul Eater, To-Love-Ru, Zatch Bell, Shinkenger, and the list just goes on.

The Chief Animation Director is Seiji Tachikawa, who worked on Ace Attorney, Amagami SS, and Kino's Journey - the Beautiful World-.

They showed a subtitled trailer at the panel. Update- That has been made available.

Digivice is counting down.

It's mentioned as the 'Last Adventure of Taichi and Agumon.'

Saw all 8 animation design profile shots. All look great. Joe in medical scrubs. Koushiro and Mimis designs have been cleaned up a lot. Sora looks fantastic. Update- The animation designs are also available now.

More once I get home tomorrow.

Update, few more images.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

They changed the logo at the booth.

Update- Cleaned up the above.

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Hype Train is definetly rolling.
I hope Agu doesn't look that way the whole film though.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not a huge fan of the "by Digimon fans for Digimon fans" line. It's so pedantic. But the final product looks great, and might truly mean the end of an era for Adventure, so that's certainly something to look forward to. Not too far off now...

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"The last adventure of Taichi and Agumon."

That line alone reminds me of the bittersweetness I felt before Tri part 6 came out - and right until the moment this thing was announced!

Obviously it's impossible to judge the animation quality from these still shots alone, but I'm already liking the look and feel of this a lot. It's almost like looking at Tri but with a bigger animation budget - and I say that as someone who's very fond of Tri in general. Taichi also looks much better here than in his profile shot, even if he does - oddly - look younger than his Tri self. Also, did they abandon the chunky Agumon design or is that something we'll end up seeing later in the movie? Only time will tell I guess!

And maybe I'm just seeing things, but it looks like they designed the kanji for "kizuna" in a way that vaguely resembles a 4. Even now, Adventure's tradition of punny numbered titles continues in some odd fashion!

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shinkenger, eh? I haven’t seen that Sentai myself but it seems popular. I definitely feel better about this writer than the tri one.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Director from the persona 3 movies and persona 4 anime? Now the anime is Digimon:persona edition just like the games lol. (Not a bad thing)

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taichi looks awesome in that shot of him holding the smartphone-like gadget in the 1st image. :)

In the past, I watched clips of Gintama on YouTube and enjoyed its humour.

I'm excited to see how Sora looks.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering if they're showing the movie subtitled in the west in the cinema, or if the movie is being simuldubbed,

HotMagnus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do we know if this is select theaters only in the USA?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cleaned up and updated the above.