Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Original Soundtrack Announced for July 29th

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

In a fun surprise a soundtrack release for the BGM music from Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna has been announced.

The cover features the album name at the top in easy to see letters with original soundtrack in a block. The movie logo is in the bottom right. Most of the front is new artwork of Taichi, Agumon, Yamato, and Gabumon. It shows them falling/floating in the sky with the Digimon reaching towards activated Digivices being held by Taichi and Yamato.

The soundtrack for the film was composed by Harumi Fuuki. She's done music for the anime Forest of Piano and was nominated for the Japan Academy Film Prize (the Japanese equivalent of the Academy Awards) for her music in the film 'Chronicle of my Mother'.

She posted a message on Twitter in both English and Japanese when it was announced:
The soundtrack "DIGIMON ADVENTURE: LAST EVOLUTION KIZUNA" will be released on July 29th! Please take a look.

We have a tracklist of the 28 songs on the soundtrack, a good number of which are new versions of songs Digimon fans will be familiar with:
01. Bolero -Kizuna Version-
02. Twilight
03. Opus No. 2 -Spring- In a Major ~Our War Game!~ -Kizuna Version-
04. From Spain with Love
05. Menoa Bellucci
06. Wirepuller
07. Attack! And Then... -Kizuna Version-
08. Eosmon
09. Omegamon
10. Panic Confusion
11. Farewell
12. Limited Time
13. Target -Akai Shougeki- Version Ramen
14. Target -Akai Shougeki- Version Spy1
15. Target -Akai Shougeki- Version Spy2
16. A battle of the mind
17. Confrontation
18. Partner
19. Neverland
20. We will always be together!
21. Aurora
22. Great Attack
23. Victory ~Theme of Virtue~ -Kizuna Version-
24. Brave Heart -Kizuna Version-
25. Menoa
26. What Lies Ahead -Movie Size-
27. Salvation
28. Walk on the Edge ~Yamato Ishida's Theme~ -Kizuna Version-

Lots of interesting choices for the ones that are new versions of classic songs.

Pre-orders will open up shortly.

The Digimon Music Producer posted a photo of the cover....

More details to come!

The prior 4 Kizuna CDs are still available.: (CDJapan affiliate links)
Opening Theme- Butter-Fly
Insert Song- Brave Heart ~Last Evolution version~
Insert Song- What Lies Ahead
Ending Song- Even if We're Apart

Our breakdowns/scans for the other CDs:
Butter-Fly
What Lies Ahead
Even if We're Apart
Brave Heart -Last Evolution Version-

The Kizuna release of Butter-Fly will be out of print on Aug 18, 2020.

The US Blu-ray and DVD release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna is currently scheduled for October 6th, while the Japanese Blu-ray and DVD is scheduled for September 2nd.

Attachments

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a lovely surprise!

With the movie being out for months now, it's been absolutely maddening not knowing anything about the score besides a composer name. I'm very shocked this was announced so soon after Japan's lockdown ended; hopefully the staff producing these CDs can continue working safely.

I'm very pleased to see so many new arrangements of old tunes. Looks like this will be similar to tri.'s soundtrack, where new versions of Arisawa's classic BGM are used if possible but new music is composed when appropriate. It's nice to see them honoring the legacy of the show's soundtrack for the last hurrah. I wonder if the version of "Bolero" on the CD is the same version that was used in the final trailer. I hope so, because that arrangement was fantastic. Fingers crossed that they also used a full orchestra for everything else!

Alas, the Frontier movie reclaims its title as the only theatrical Digimon movie without a soundtrack CD. *sigh*

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is good news. New Digimon music is always appreciated.

I'm sad there's still no Tri OST though.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was no 'full' versions of the songs to release, and it's realistically past the point where Go Sakabe would go back and construct them (which may explain why we got tri. Best Hit Parade shortly after Kizuna came out.)

Can still hope though, but I'm not expecting it.

Grovyle48

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't be surprised if there was no 'full' versions of the songs to release, and it's realistically past the point where Go Sakabe would go back and construct them (which may explain why we got tri. Best Hit Parade shortly after Kizuna came out.)

Can still hope though, but I'm not expecting it.
I'm not holding my breath. I feel like the release of the Kizuna OST probably ended any hope of a Tri soundtrack, unfortunately.

Lord Patamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At least Kizuna did see a BGM OST release, unlike Tri which didn't get any. The only BGMs we got from Tri released were the Butterfly instrumental variations.