Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna on Home Video in US on July 7th

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Some good news!

Shout has announced they have Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna!

It will be released on Blu-ray/DVD combo pack and DVD on July 7th, 2020.

It'll have an English dub, along with the original Japanese audio and subtitles.

It will contain extras which will be announced later.

As for the dub cast, they are announcing Joshua Seth is back as Tai. More cast will be announced soon.

Update- Laura Summer confirmed she is back as Patamon, and that recording was done right before self-isolation stuff began.

Update- Joshua Seth posted a message about it...

Update- The product page on the Shout store is up and they are currently taking pre-orders (pre-orders at other stores should open soon.) We also now have 'flat' images of the front covers.

The MSRP for the BD combo pack is $26.99 and the DVD is $16.97. They have currently discounted the DVD down to $13.97

Blu-ray buyers will get a 18 inch by 24 inch rolled lithograph featuring the cover art.

Update- Pre-orders are open at Amazon: (affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna BD/DVD
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD

No Japanese home video release has been announced at this time.

More details from Shout:
DigiDestined and loyal fans will always be together! This summer, get ready as the DigiDestined and their Digimon return in a thrilling new adventure. In honor of the 20thAnniversary celebration of DIGIMON, Shout! Factory, in collaboration with Toei Animation, is proud to present the new anime feature DIGIMON ADVENTURE: LAST EVOLUTION KIZUNA on national home entertainment shelves on July 7, 2020. Available for the first time in North America, this new movie features the last adventure of Tai and Agumon. Each highly collectible edition of DIGIMON ADVENTURE: LAST EVOLUTION KIZUNA DVD and Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) boasts exciting movie presentation (featuring both versions - English voice cast and the original Japanese audio with English subtitles) and contains new insightful bonus features, which are currently in progress and will be announced at a later date.

A must-own for fans, collectors, and pop culture enthusiasts, this definitive entertainment release promises to captivate you on the edge of your seat. DIGIMON ADVENTURE: LAST EVOLUTION KIZUNA is available for pre-order now at ShoutFactory.com and will be made available in stores and other fine retailers.

Die-hard fans further rejoice! Toei Animation has revamped this highly sought-after anime movie for North American audiences by bringing onboard a stellar English voice cast. Joshua Seth, who voiced the main character Tai Kamiya in the original series, returns to the role for this feature film, alongside an exciting team of voice talent. As excitement builds for the DIGIMON ADVENTURE: LAST EVOLUTION KIZUNA Blu-ray and DVD release, Shout! Factory and Toei Animation will announce additional news and activities for fans in the incoming months.

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna takes place five years after the events of “Digimon Adventure tri,” the six-part film series released in 2015. Now on the cusp of adulthood, Tai and his DigiDestined friends discover that with age their bonds with each of their Digimon will ultimately break. How does it end for Tai, Agumon and the others? Fans must watch Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna to find out the answer.

DIGIMON ADVENTURE: LAST EVOLUTION KIZUNA
Movie Synopsis
Tai is now a university student, living alone, working hard at school, and working every day, but with his future still undecided. Meanwhile, Matt and others continue to work on Digimon incidents and activities that help people with partner Digimon. An unprecedented phenomenon occurs and the DigiDestined discovers that when you grow up, your relationship with your partner Digimon will come closer to an end. As a countdown timer activates on the Digivice, they realize that the more you fight with their partner Digimon, the faster their bond breaks. Will you fight for others and lose your partner? The time to choose and decide is approaching fast. There is a short time before "chosen children" will become adults.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chaotix12345

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is THE MOST pleasant surprise. I honestly wasn't expecting news on the Kizuna dub so soon just because the original proposed international theatrical premiere was sub only, but VERY happy to be wrong. It releases a month before my Birthday, too! 😁

Digimonuniverse

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay I'm glad it getting dub lol, I wonder if the same guy who directed the tri series

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy I have a legal way to finally watch it but DVDs are a pricey way to do it so it does come with disappointment. However, if it came with a card pack or promotional cards inside, even untranslated, I'd be a lot more inclined to pay. Oddly specific but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Taso

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is great news, glad to see a dub is coming our way. I wonder if we'll see the original va for Matt.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huzzah! Very not surprised and very happy! I hope Yamato gets a better voice actor this time!

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woohoo! I figured it would happen eventually, but it’s still really nice and exciting to see, especially in light of the Fathom event not happening. Not to mention a summer release just seems absolutely perfect. Glad they were able to get Joshua Seth back, hopefully they’ll have others as well (really the whole Tri cast would be fine, minus a certain somebody).

Can we hope those extras are the memorial shorts?

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not happy about this one bit. I was wanting to see it in theaters when the theaters were allowed to open back up. They specifically said they were going to just postpone the movie showing. What a let down. I would have much rather seen it on the big screen instead of my TV screen because it's a lot better of an experience.

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not happy about this one bit. I was wanting to see it in theaters when the theaters were allowed to open back up. They specifically said they were going to just postpone the movie showing. What a let down. I would have much rather seen it on the big screen instead of my TV screen because it's a lot better of an experience.
I don't think they've said that they're cancelling the theatrical run instead of postponing it. There's no rule that says once a movie is on video it's not allowed to be shown in a theater.

That aside, since Fathom Events is handling the theater screenings assuming they still happen, you're already rolling the dice on it being a better experience than just watching it on a TV. Every Fathom Events screening I've gone to has had noticeable and distracting deinterlacing artifacts and at least one sound problem over the course of the movie. It's not as bad as when we almost never got anime movies in theaters period, but it's getting close when every anime screening is freaking Fathom.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think they've said that they're cancelling the theatrical run instead of postponing it. There's no rule that says once a movie is on video it's not allowed to be shown in a theater.

That aside, since Fathom Events is handling the theater screenings assuming they still happen, you're already rolling the dice on it being a better experience than just watching it on a TV. Every Fathom Events screening I've gone to has had noticeable and distracting deinterlacing artifacts and at least one sound problem over the course of the movie. It's not as bad as when we almost never got anime movies in theaters period, but it's getting close when every anime screening is freaking Fathom.
Every screening I have gone to except for Dragon Ball Super Broly has been very clear. Funimation sent in a very crappy resolution screening to the theaters. I think it was 720 when it could have been 4K or 1080. Even in the IMAX screening it wasn't as good as it should have been. And there was a time where a projector was screwing up during Weathering with You. but that was just the theater being too cheap to get a new projector and it would cut for a split second multiple times during the film. But the film itself was not bad quality. Let's just hope they do put it in theaters still.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very happy to see this. If you couldn't go see it, now this could be easier.

xm0c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really excited for this. Hopefully it comes out on Crunchyroll first.

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every screening I have gone to except for Dragon Ball Super Broly has been very clear. Funimation sent in a very crappy resolution screening to the theaters. I think it was 720 when it could have been 4K or 1080. Even in the IMAX screening it wasn't as good as it should have been. And there was a time where a projector was screwing up during Weathering with You. but that was just the theater being too cheap to get a new projector and it would cut for a split second multiple times during the film. But the film itself was not bad quality. Let's just hope they do put it in theaters still.
Just want to be sure we're talking about the same thing: I'm talking about Fathom Events screenings in particular, which to my knowledge are all streamed live to the theater at 1080i (not 1080p and certainly not 4K, and not provided to the theaters beforehand by Funimation or anyone else). Regular movie screenings are a whole other (and much better) ball game.

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The questiom is who is vocing Matt?

(a) Vic Mignogna
or
(b) Michael Reisz

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The questiom is who is vocing Matt?

(a) Vic Mignogna
or
(b) Michael Reisz
I'm guessing (c) Other. Mignogna would be a questionable choice for obvious reasons that are outside the scope of this thread, and presumably there was some reason Reisz didn't voice him in Tri (I don't think he's active in voice work anymore?). It'd sure be great to hear the original Matt again, though, so I'm rooting for (b).

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that was unexpected. Now I guess I won't need to see it subbed lol. Surprised they're dubbing it whilst the pandemic is on going. Something to look forward to

I hope it includes the memorial shorts

My one complaint is they didn't localise the title to last Digivolution lol

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surprised they're dubbing it whilst the pandemic is on going.
No one said they are dubbing it 'now', not to mention many actors have setups at home (with many more adding them since this began.)

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they were planning to premiere this at Anime Expo in July but with anime-expo canceled this year due to covid 19. They cant do that now then