Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Home Video Release Delayed

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A small, but important update for the US home video release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna.

Due to production related delays, the Blu-ray and DVD releases of the movie are being pushed back from the original date of July 7th.

At the moment Shout is not announcing a new date.

Minus 'production delay' no specific information is given on what happened, but various disc replicators and distributors have had temporary shutdowns, so it might very well be because of that, but we don't know.

Pre-orders are still open at Amazon: (affiliate links)
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna BD/DVD
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna DVD

Thanks to Shout for sending over info on the delay.

Attachments

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
omg....what....?
Why even announce it....?

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Admittedly that's kind of to be expected, but still a bummer. Hope they at least start announcing more cast sooner than later.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

jk I'm a little surprised, but I guess not much. It was interesting to have a firm release date. Hopefully the delay isn't TOO long, and it would also be great if they offered a streaming option...

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can't too surprised about any delays in these times, but this one's at least a little surprising because the initial announcement was in response to the pandemic-cancelled screenings made after the pandemic was well underway. Guess they underestimated how quickly they'd be able to get work done on it, or how much any companies they depend on would be affected. Just goes to show that it's no easy task to set release dates when so many people are on lockdown--too many unknowns.

EDIT: fact correction

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can't too surprised about any delays in these times, but this one's at least a little surprising because the initial announcement was in response to the pandemic-cancelled screenings. Guess they underestimated how quickly they'd be able to get work done on it, or how much any companies they depend on would be affected. Just goes to show that it's no easy task to set release dates when so many people are on lockdown--too many unknowns.
It was never said that announcing it on home video was somehow a response to the cancelled screenings.

That doesn't mean that internally it wasn't, but the July date wasn't even unexpected based on the initial March screening date in the US.

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can't too surprised about any delays in these times, but this one's at least a little surprising because the initial announcement was in response to the pandemic-cancelled screenings. Guess they underestimated how quickly they'd be able to get work done on it, or how much any companies they depend on would be affected. Just goes to show that it's no easy task to set release dates when so many people are on lockdown--too many unknowns.
It was never said that announcing it on home video was somehow a response to the cancelled screenings.

That doesn't mean that internally it wasn't, but the July date wasn't even unexpected based on the initial March screening date in the US.
My mistake, memory was playing tricks on me.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That figures. ...They don't have the movie dubbed right? Because if so, they can just do digital like other movies. But this is pretty much obvious.

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone know of this movie finished getting dubbed?

If its finished getting dubbed, they should release it digitally on like Netflix while waiting for actual production of discs

That would be much better idea

arisniko1

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It may be because I really want to watch the movie already but I think they should release it digitally. It would be a great lockdown gift to every fan and since it already played in theaters (Japan, but still) it wouldnt be that far out of the ordinary. Holywood has done this already too. WB for example released Birds of Prey digitally two months before the physical copies.

DigiPokeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nothing yet on Toei Animaton Twtter on the delay yet

I think Shout Factory and Toei should release details on the cause of this delay instead keeping us fans in the dark

I am trying to contact them here:

I just emailed shout factory this email:
I am wondering why the cause of the delay of release of Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna is? It was ment to be released on July 7th

Is it due the delay with actual discs themselves if so. Release the movie digitally on Netflix while waiting for the productions of the discs

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That figures. ...They don't have the movie dubbed right? Because if so, they can just do digital like other movies. But this is pretty much obvious.

If its finished getting dubbed, they should release it digitally on like Netflix while waiting for actual production of discs

Patamon's actor stated that the movie was dubbed before the virus happened

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Shout Factory and Toei should release details on the cause of this delay instead keeping us fans in the dark
They don't owe you an explanation past that they have said there is a delay. Nor does it matter if Toei has said anything themselves, they aren't distributing the disc. They'll likely say something at some point, but it doesn't overly matter if they do or don't.

McGann

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Patamon's actor stated that the movie was dubbed before the virus happened
Joshua Seth said he did a few pick up lines from home not long ago, so it's possible they're still working on it.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What ever is safest. Really. It's more important to be safe.

Youkomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, do you think this means that they are planning on when Fathom Events will put it in theaters? After all they announced that it was just postponed and not canceled. I want to see it in theaters and not buy it unless I like it enough to do so...