Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Discussion Thread

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have I ever mentioned how great your analyses are Theingo? I think you make some really great points about some of the poorly thought through aspects of the movie I really struggled to put into words.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regarding some comments here and on orher forums: This is merely subjective, but this is my take on why people that think that this movie slapped them and told them to outgrow of Digimon took it the wrong way:

I think that the movie actually tries to make people that are scared of growing up and that want to return to the "better days" (childhood) realize that life is full of new experiences. It's not that you need to get over something, it's more like "if something ends, more things will come" and even so, you still have your experiences and memories. That without mentioning that supposedly the producer (I think?) sees the 02 ending as canon so they eventually become adults and yet they reunite with their Digimon, meaning that while the circumstances might have made them separate for some time, they ultimately found a way to be together in other ways than being the "Digi destined", just as we find time to include our childhood hobbies when we really want to, not exactly as when we were children but in other ways.

Also, Tai and Matt say in the end that they feel like they'll see their Digimon again so it even fits more with that 02 ending.

Keep in mind that throughout the movie, Tai and Matt are told that they no longer had that limitless potential that they possessed as children, but from my understanding they proved that to be fake because they achieved a new evolution. In a certain way, they proved that as long as there's life there's always a chance for something new and unexpected.

I loved the fact that thanks to their sacrifice as maturity reached both, they spent bond energy in order so that other digi destined didn't have to. After all, battles and evolution accelerated the process. I'm not sure if the last evolutions also consumed that energy since they were special, but the point is still true since they did decide that before and throughout the battle, aware of the consequences.

Regarding Sora and Joe "inconsistencies" , I disagree. I think that Sora had a good reason to stay apart and as seen in the intro and last scenes, her time with her digimon was already reaching an end when all of that happened, even before Tai and Matt because it also seems to depend on the growth of the person. Sora did know already what she wanted and showed more maturity than them, making sense that it happened before them. About Joe, he had similar problems in Digimon Tri but found his peace with it, making sense that despite being older, he found a way to keep that process of happening as fast as the others, not to mention that he fought and participated the least of every Digi Destined by a considerable amount.

Overall, I think that the movie was great and yeah, it was a bit painful but in a good way and in my case with a more positive message than what people got from it.

Last edited:

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This movie was incredible and blew my mind. There were a lot of scenes in this movie that were extremely sad, but that’s part of the mood of what makes this franchise great. It’s not scared to experiment and play with your emotions. The final scenes were beautifully animated, and I went silent during the final battle. It was like watching an elegant ballet of colorful lights and movements, with a beautiful score behind it. This movie was very reminiscent of Hurricane Touchdown and the episode of Tri where the Digimon partners are going to lose their memories. This anime grew up with the fans and it’s not scared to tell the fans it’s hard to let go sometimes.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've just watched it and to be honest, I had low expectations as I've heard all over the place that the movie was pretty mediocre/bad and full of glaring holes that were never adressed, but having watched it myself, I must say I'm impressed. It's a good movie (And great looking as well) with a really good and strong message.

This is the 'final huzzah' that Adventures deserved instead of Tri.