Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 [Final]- The End of the Adventure

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I’ll be honest. I think alter S was a total waste and missed opportunity. Thematically Merciful Mode works better as the culmination/embodiment of all 8 crest holders. If you’re going for the “this is the culmination of the slide evo journey that Matt and Tai went on” then really more should have been made about how significant either Blitz, Cres, or sliding/alter forms in general are.

but like everything in this series it seems like the ideas for the finale are all kind a half formed too.

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am really happy with this ending! Animation and pace were amazing.

The fight was epic. When you think Omegamon can't get cooler, he gets missiles and energy shields and CANNON UNDER THE CAPE TACTICS!
Negamon was pretty cool looking was well.

For a moment there it looked like the kids and the Digimon were about to be separated, and it looked like Hikari and Tailmon knew about it, but it wasn't the case. Taichi staying in the Digital world is a very Adventure: thing.

I have several thoughts on this season, but overall I'm really happy with it and appreciate the chance to watch it. It was far from perfect, but I'll take an imperfect Digimon show over no Digimon show at all any day.
Taichi staying in the Digital world is a very Adventure: thing.
Actually, now that you mention it... This highlights something else I'm not fond of about this series. The fact that Taichi's relationship with his parents seems to be non-existent. He doesn't miss them at any moment, his mother is very nonchalant about his whereabouts during a catastrophe, etc and now he chooses the digital world over his home... I dunno, it rubs me the wrong way. I didn't like it with in Savers either, but I could somewhat understand it... Here... Nah.

Can we be sure Taichi stayed in the Digital World? Isn't it possible he returned to the Human World but then somehow returned to the Digital World, probably with Koshiro's help, as a Digital Gate appeared in his laptop?

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was a great finale. The final battle was amazing. I liked to see Abbadomon Core being the antithesis of Omegamon. The others fought in the outside. The transformation into Omegamon Alter-S was awesome. Interesting to see Omegamon telling the dying Abadamon Core he will be reborn and they will meet again. Mimi asking what they would do the following day was a nice reference to Kizuna. I liked the epilogue. We saw all the Digimon they met. Leomon survived. The partner Digimon went with the kids to the Human World, which didn't happen in any other ending. Koshiro developed a Digital Gate, which Taichi and Agumon used.
I wonder:
1. Was Botamon Abbadamon reborn?
2. How did Leomon know the kids returned
to the Human World?
3. What was the Digivice at the end?
Forget the third question. It was just the series Digivice.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The fight was epic. When you think Omegamon can't get cooler, he gets missiles and energy shields and CANNON UNDER THE CAPE TACTICS!

For a moment there it looked like the kids and the Digimon were about to be separated, and it looked like Hikari and Tailmon knew about it, but it wasn't the case. Taichi staying in the Digital world is a very Adventure: thing.

I have several thoughts on this season, but overall I'm really happy with it and appreciate the chance to watch it. It was far from perfect, but I'll take an imperfect Digimon show over no Digimon show at all any day.
Actually, now that you mention it... This highlights something else I'm not fond of about this series. The fact that Taichi's relationship with his parents seems to be non-existent. He doesn't miss them at any moment, his mother is very nonchalant about his whereabouts during a catastrophe, etc and now he chooses the digital world over his home... I dunno, it rubs me the wrong way. I didn't like it with in Savers either, but I could somewhat understand it... Here... Nah.

Can we be sure Taichi stayed in the Digital World? Isn't it possible he returned to the Human World but then somehow returned to the Digital World, probably with Koshiro's help, as a Digital Gate appeared in his laptop?
Possibly. And while that would alleviate one of my problems, the relationship with his parents still bugs me

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the other hand, it's a shame that the poll fell before the broadcast of the final because there Abbadomon Core outclassed Done Devimon in my mind, seriously that was a real final boss because when the main character has to get out of the techniques that we had never seen, that this same character is equaled by the villain and that to succeed in defeating him, he must use a movement that could be classified as deceitful to turn the situation around.

Clearly there Abba-Core is a contender for one of the best final bosses in the Digimon license.

Soul070

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regardless of the general perception of this season, I honestly loved it a lot and will miss it dearly. Yea sure it's not perfect, but i enjoyed more than everything that came after Tamers. I honestly love the throwbacks to some of the more obscure, forgotten Digimon. Seeing Patamon digivolve to not only Seraphimon, but Goldramon too was great to see.

I feel like the final battle, especially this episode was handled really well. I'm not really into Omnimon but seeing Alter S was really hype. The animation was sick as well. The second part of the episode was really heartfelt. It was nice to see the different Digimon that the chosen ones met and interacted with. It felt like the endin of a One Piece arc lol.

I honestly would love to get a continuation in the future. I wanna see Patamon digivolving to Dominimon, Gomamon to Plesiomon (and later on to Aegisdramon), Palmon to Lotusmon ( Rafflesimon later?), Biyomon to Valdurmon, Tentomon to TyrantKabuterimon, and Agumon and Gabumon to there 100+ other mega forms (ZeedGarurumon? VictoryGreymon?). I'd love to see them add a team of villians instead of a single enemy. Like the Dark Masters, Demon Lords, etc.. It honestly would be cool to see the Dark masters return in a new look. Piedmon can become ChaosPiedmon, Machindramon becomes Chaosdramon, Seadramon becomes GigaSeadramon or ChaosSeadramon, and Puppetmon can become AncientTroiamon. There's so much they can do with the lore to make it interesting and fun to watch.

taz111

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It caught my attention that Tai is in the digital World because Izzy was successful with the gate. The scene prior to seeing Tai we see Mimi and Izzy in the room with a lot of equipment. Obviously, Mimi supplied the money for the tech for Izzy to use for Tai to test the gate haha. Just my thought. what do you all think?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
None of them had relationships with their families, except Mimi and her Grandpa.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp, it's been a long journey but we're at the end at last. Like a lot of multi-parter episodes in Adventure: I feel like the climax would be better served watched all in one rather than week to week. Anyways, I really liked that Negamon's final form ended up being a mocking imitation of Omegamon rather than another giant monster, gave it a very personal feel when they were clashing swords and beam struggling. Omegamon himself absorbing all the Crests and breaking through his limit to turn Alter-S was so DBZ and I loved it. His speech at the end about how Negamon won't disappear but instead start over and them meeting again someday also gave me major Goku/Majin Buu vibes. I must admit, I was a little confused as to whether Taichi stayed behind in the Digital World or he was testing out Izzy's Digital Gate project but either way it felt very fitting with the whole "one journey's end is just the start of another" message the series conveys.

Overall I really enjoyed Adventure: Did it need to exist? Not really but I appreciate it for revitalising my love of Digimon anime after both Tri and Appmon. Looking forward to Ghost Game next week now~

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Surprise I'm here at the right time. Don't ask why, I can't say.

*ahem*
This was fun. Omegamon fought the Soul Edge who took the look of him. But when could he do any of that? It does make sense that it could. At least that form change? was cool. Possibly the only reason why they did alt evos. And hey! Lemon didn't die. ...He didn't fight much either but still. I guess the main Mon are in the real world until they get the portal open? ...Probably a better ending then splitting them up. But this was probably a good ending. Not getting too big but not failing too hard. It pretty much hit the notes it needed. Cool to see everyone there though. I was a bit confused at the Gazimon myself. Everyone's happy! Yay! ...How would an 02 remake mess this up? ...Wait! They couldn't do Mill and the Dark Seed since they took out Zeed here. ...That's a fun thought.

So... Let's see how Ghost Game goes. I expect it'll be good.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
None of them had relationships with their families, except Mimi and her Grandpa.
Yeah, but that just means we don't know what their parents are like. Tai's mom actually had screen time

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, but that just means we don't know what their parents are like. Tai's mom actually had screen time
A lot of the families did show up, just didn't have much to do with the plot. Yuko was the most prominent, but Hiroaki and Natsuko made cameos in Takeru's flashbacks. And in the brief stint in the Real World: Mimi's parents appeared and had speaking roles (Mimi's mom even had the same VA as Mimi), Jo's brother showed up to give Jo brotherly advice, and Sora's mom made a very brief cameo.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure people can quibble on whether or not delivering a heartfelt ending was "earned", but I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy it. The fight scenes were wicked cool (I would have maybe liked to see some more of the background work personally, but everything was fluid and comprehensible). I'm actually kind of glad it didn't linger on the hows and whys of Alter-S; Omegamon was already a walking deus ex machina, so it felt right to just acknowledge it as a natural endpoint. The extra digicode on the blade was a pretty refreshing touch too. It was also nice that they didn't try and "redeem" Negamon (honestly villain redemption arcs are pretty played out...), they just noted that he would likely be reborn

Obviously a finale is reflective of the series as a whole as well, but I'm satisfied with how it all turned out. It was a heck of a ride, and a bright spot this past year and a half.

(Alter-S SHF pleaaaase Bandai)

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is one of the best Digimon finales The episode felt balanced. Omegamon vs Abbaddomon Core was fantastic. Loved the Villain's design and being the antithesis to Omegamon, smart move to have Omegamon use attacks that he should be able to according to the lore/guidebooks etc What I also didn't expect was Omegamon switching back and forth his arms. Having double Sword or double cannons was pretty cool. Abbadomon almost getting Omegamon deleted by his signature Grey Sword attack sbeing turned against was also nice and unexpected. Alter S appearance was so well animated. Abbaddomon being reborn as a digiegg (maybe botamon) and Omegamon's All Recover were nice touches too.

The second half had Leomon retelling the children's adventures so it was warm way to summarize the series. Happy that this time the digimon and their partners didn't seperate. Koshiro and Mimi developping a Digital Gate makes it that there is plenty of room for a sequel. Maybe it will center the human world now, that the digimon are there. Really liked this ending. It makes you hope for more.

The fight with Omegamon and Abbaddomon Core is the best in the series with the DanDevimon fight being close second. Zeed had the best appearance though. Glad that this series had Seraphimon and Ophanimon finally appear together. Even not being a huge Holydramon fan I liked its appearnce together with Goddramon. As you can see I am really fond of the the Holy Digimon pair.

All in all, I know that Adventure: is a bit controversial but as for me what i know for sure is that this series made watch Digimon again every week like I used to with the Original Adventure back in the day. I love that so much. Maybe it happened for others too. I personally believe that this series have made some people return and even helped Toei and the franchise. I will give Ghost Game a chance and the hope for Adventure: sequel. Curious about 02 movie too. All I can say its good to be Digimon fan nowadays.

roni c

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didnt like that reboot so much, but the ending was awsome. To see The partner Digimon staying with the digidestineds made me so happy, as same as Koshiro developed a Digital Gate and Taichi and Agumon having a further advanture in the digital world.

This show didnt bring me a lot of happiness, but it gave me one amazing thing: throw me back to my childhood, waiting for the weekly episode. This time I got a bonus point. As a 90's child in Israel, I have watched the original serie on TV ,and as a result - when I didnt/couldnt watch some episode, I had to wait at least 1 more year to catch it again on TV. Some episodes, like the final, tooked me years until I watch them, maybe even via youtube after more than a dacade. Anyway, this time I got my redemption by watching season finale at aired day, and im so happy about it.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Diablomon: oh it hits me.
Algomon: oh it hits me.
Abbadomon: nah, not me.

That was the best battle finale of all series in the franchise and the best battle Omegamon had.
It was the answer to Omegamon after all these years since 2000.

In Diablo Strikes Back, they made him lose so the newer generation could shine.
In Adventurers' Battle, they made him fail to catch Mephismon so that, again, the newer generation could shine.
In Chronicle era, they made him lose to Dorugoramon.
In X-Evolution, they made him lose to Dexmon so Alphamon could shine.
In Last Evolution Kizuna, they deliberately made him lose again so that we have two new Kizuna forms.

Omegamon lost in Adventure V-Tamer 01, for the same purpose like in other stories: the new generation/digimon could shine. Of course because the story was not about him/his adventure. The same thing happened in Xros Wars (anime), when he gave the newer generation his very own power.
The best part of him, for me, was in Xros Wars (manga) when our protagonist was said to be the reincarnation of Omegamon himself.

Digimon is not just about Omegamon only, we know that. So on several occasions he had to be defeated by new circumstances. It's just that some people misjudge it. Makes it seem as if he is a weak character, especially the biased powerscallers.

This series as a reboot series successfully managed to "reboot" the misjudgment about Omegamon, or that's what I hope.

Many things I love from the battle. After years, finally we can see the missiles and Brave Shield in action. (The missiles is the feature I wish Omegamon X had)
He used all his techniques in the fight and the slide evolution to Alter-S was great. The others also had their parts in the battle, fighting the Abbadomon outside.

I don't have much to review cause you guys reviewed the finale and the series very well and I agree. It has its ups and downs but it concludes in a good way.
One thing I have in mind is although we're now in Ghost Game, I feel like sooner or later we'll get the sequel of Adventure:. Not just because Taichi is now in digiworld and Koshiro made the digital gate, but the fact that Ghost Game happens in the future (7G signal). So there's a gap between the years. Maybe Hiro's father is the one who witnessed the finale against Abbadomon. Whether it would be in the same universe or not, I'm fine with it. People might say they have enough of Adventure things. But for me, as long as the stories have good writers, I'm okay with it.

Besides, our (the old crowd) Adventure ended with Last Evolution Kizuna (with 02 movie coming). This new Adventure is actually to the newer generation.

Way to go, Ghost Game!

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I loved the last part of the reboot a lot.

I would have loved to see more alternate champion/armor evos like Ponchomon and Pegasmon, though.

TheDuke

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was patchy in places to be sure, the pacing and character development were pretty meh, but well, if I'm being honest, it's not exactly bad by the overall standards of digimon seasons. I liked the worldbuilding, and that a lot of mons that got neglected or ignored over the years were brought back to have a good hurrah. There were some surprisingly good "filler" episodes. And at the very least the action was fantastic when it needed to be. The ending fight between Abaddomon and Omegamon was excellent, easily one of the best straight action sequences in digimon period. Even if I don't come back to rewatch the whole series, I'll definitely be rewatching those fights or the odd episode now and again. Overall, maybe a 6/10 for me? Probably better for a younger audience, but still got a fair bit of enjoyment out of it.

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Both Wikipedia at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Digimon_Adventure_(2020_TV_series)_episodes#Episode_list and the Digimon Wiki at https://digimon.fandom.com/wiki/Tai_Kamiya_(Adventure:)?mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop#Fiction
have taken the view that Taichi stayed in the Digital World. https://uniarycode.tumblr.com/post/663392240407805952/this-might-be-spoilers-but-i-need-to-know-did cites as evidence the fact that there are no blankets in Taichi's bed.

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well what else is there to say really?

As before they attempt to wow with an overdose of pretty visuals mixed in with nostalgic callbacks, which only serve to remind me of the fact there is already a better version of this out there.
Everything else is otherwise a case of just going through the motions and playing it safe. Resulting in a finale that is neither outright bad, nor good. Merely lukewarm.
Even the kids getting to stay with their partners isn’t that much of a surprise. After all they’ve had it easy since day one, so why throw such a possible dilemma at them now?
Maybe it might of helped if I had developed some smidgen of investment in this cast of cardboard cutouts, so I could perhaps feel significantly more then mild indifference to their success. Is Koushiro still adopted in this version?

But it’s difficult for me to feel disappointed at this point when I already predicted that inevitable outcome weeks beforehand. Even the final boss taking on the form of some twisted clone of Omegamon (Zwart D) wasn’t far off.

So instead I shall find relief in the fact the banality is finally over, and be hopeful that I never have to see this incarnation of Taichi ever again.