Digimon Adventure: Episode 67 [Final]- The End of the Adventure

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said, but there's a blink and you'll miss it moment: Opossumon hiding behid a corner in the amusement park.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wooooh!! This final episode actually made me loved it so much more! Full of surprises!

I was worried it might have average animation but that is completely fine!

I didn't expect Omegamon's Garuru arm can fire MetalGarurumon missiles?!

Abaddomon is like totally opposite of Omegamon but oddly Omegamon have the power of Delete and this Abaddomon consume everything to nothingness.

Omegamon damaging his cape to get Abaddomon off on its guard is TOO EPIC!

I'm so glad other 6 chosen ones are still fighting against that Core form together with all Ultimate forms!
But Vikemon's appearance was kinda rushed... lol

Shockingly BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon didn't get to appear but Omegamon kinda... Slide Evo'ed into Alter S that really surprised me!

Good to see all digimons again where they have encountered in their journey! Arbormon!!

Hey Phascomon is clearly suspicious even after the threat vanished...

Leomon surviving that actually broke the curse! Unbelievable!

So they didn't go same ending route where they bye while surfing old fashioned bus but instead they went together in the human world although why Taichi ended up in the digital world?

Koushiro developed a new program to open up Digital Gate? Without the help of Adventure 02 digivices?! Knowledge crest is so op

One thing I'm disappointed actually.... No Plotmon TT TT WHYYYY

10/10 stars rated

Blaziken257

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the Ranamon and Arbormon cameos. Poor Spirit of Earth not getting anything this series.

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really liked it. That final fight might be my actual favorite Digimon fight. I didn't expect that. I just really liked it. YongYoKyo did an amazing job at explaining the fight and I agree with all points.

The Epilogue was a lil. . .bare. I can't fault them for it, but I did look at the run time to see if maybe they would have had this episode be a slight bit longer. No dice. The Epilogue kind of represents the series as a whole to me. I'd like to see how they interacted with each other when they got back home. . .and I definitely wanted to see what it would be like when Hikari returned to her mom after disappearing on her. But the show has shown that can't really be expected.

Still. Overall I am sooo forgiving of this show. I loved 01. I liked 02 while it aired. Tamers bored me to death. The promise of Frontier was better than the show itself for me. At the time I was trying to watch it in Japanese, so I barely knew what was going on back in 2003(?) I adored Savers. I tolerated Xross Wars. And I nitpicked, love-hate, Tri. This show gave me a lot of very fun moments, quirky interactions, and redemption for a lot of Digimon (Petaldramon is the biggest winner to me followed by Holydramon.)

After Tri and then Last Evolution I was ready to bow out of the Digimon universe. So this whole Adventure: I had no expectations. I haven't even seen the opening episodes of this show. But I'm happy I stuck around. I won't be around for Ghost Game, though I hope it turns out well.

I am looking forward to the 02 movie, and I'll come back if more adventure/adventure: stuff return. For now they need to rest that stuff though.

I do want to talk a little bit about Omegamon though. This was the first time in nearly 21 years where I felt he was the game ender. Like I felt he was Omegamon. When he formed against Diablomon all those years ago he had this presence of strength. And it had been lost since then.

Since then he was around to show off other people. He was a measuring stick for both Armaggedonmon and Paladin Mode. He was a measuring stick for Alphamon (and sort of to Omegamon X.) He was just ineffective in Tri and became a measuring stick for Merciful Mode (though I really do like Merciful Mode.) And though it was kind of similar here with Alter-S, I still felt like he had his presence. I really really liked this fight.

I'll say this to Digimon the way Angemon spoke to TK back in the Dub in 01. "I'll come back again. If you want me to."

OH ONE MORE THING.
I was hoping they would take the Digimon back to the Human World. But I was hoping it would be like the Iron Man movie or something where he goes "I am Iron Man." They just show up in front of the Prime Minister or something and be like "Digimon are here to stay b!+ch3$!"

Last edited:

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the Ranamon and Arbormon cameos. Poor Spirit of Earth not getting anything this series.
I also saw Grumblemon cameo and there was Gigasmon in the war flashback fighting Gaiomon.

This is the best ending I've seen, finally no Leomon death, the curse is lifted.

I saw Phascomon first anime appearance, there's also Lilamon, and I thought Omegamon Zwart was already a dark Omegamon.

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wished we saw more of the other megas who were fighting outside...but other than that i love the collage of friends at the end and: Leomon living, Banchomame got his diploma, a Lala turned to Lila, Nyoki turned to Arbormon, Human spirit of light monument where Strabi's fam lived, etc... nice callback to everything they encountered.
Next time, see you guys in Digimon Ghost Game comments!! xD lol

Brubarb

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a very satisfying ending :)

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also noticed that Mimi ended up working with Izzy so I guess it is a confirmation of some sort that those two are now a couple? Btw I'm a great fan of Izzy x Mimi CP. Also I believe there may be possible spinoffs for Taichi and Agumon i.e. crossing over and meeting characters from other series? I would personally love a comedic spinoff of this version of Taichi meeting other versions of Taichis from other parallel universes XD

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh no, it was like a bible story all along! The Digimon just built a religion around saviour humans from another place. None of it is real!

Last eisode was good for what it was. Action was pretty good, but honestly nothing that interesting happened. They just wrapped it up with a fight and a Digimon appearance we sorta expected coming.

In a way I'm just happy we can move on to Ghost Game next and finally have some fresh content. I give Adventure 2020 a 4/10, the characters were cardboard cut-out versions of the original cast and obviously only used as an engagement tool for the old crowd. My biggest praise goes to some individual filler episodes, that were genuienly funny and exciting and some of the new Digimon designs we got out of it + out of all things Mimi is the one thing they improved in this version.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay WOW!

Digimon finales usually come with some bitter sweet aspect or controversial choices but this was so satisfyingly well done! It hit all the right notes!

Abbadomon core served as the perfect mirror to Omnimon, building upon the symmetry between Negamon vs the Crests, a concept I've really liked as compared to past final villains.

Speaking of Omnimon, how cool was that fight! I loved every second of it. Using never seen before attacks made it all the more cooler. I loved the frames where he used both weapons from both forms, and then the much awaited appearance of Alter-S! Exciting stuff!

Oh and Leomon survived! Whoa?! I liked seeing scenes of the Digimon we've met as Leomon, Wisemon and Lopmon told the story of the Chosen.

I'm so glad there's no cheesy separation at the end. I love that Mimi and Izzy are working together, leaving potential there for more to come (I hope).

Such a perfect send off! I'll look back at Adventure 2020 with such fondness, it's been the highlight of these covid stricken 2 years for me.

dgmn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Final battle was epic. Perfectly executed fight sequence. Negamon being reborn-Plutomon maybe?

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I loved how they showed the 2 places alongside the tanemon and golemon covered with the flowers by lillymon's attacks.
Also great seeing Lilamon again!
Nice episode.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This series was a weird, sometimes frustrating ride.
But damn if this wasn't a hell of a nice bow to tie on top of it.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While a lot of episodes were 'meh' and the characterization and depth non-existent, this was quite a good action-filled episode with some amazing scenes. Abaddomon Core (or however he'll be called) was like the antithesis of Omegamon. I liked that.

The ending was good enough, as well. Seeing all the supporting Digimon and the kids working on a gate.

EDIT: It's funny how to keep referencing to the Core as being 'Negamon's Core', instead of Abaddomon's. Big chance the Core will be featured in monday's or tuesday's Reference Book update, as it was featured as the 'Digimon of the Day', with the 'unknown'-caption in its description.

Last edited:

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great action. Loved Omegamon pulling a Goku and saying "I hope you come back some day". Also that little scene with Mimi and Izzy working together was cute.

This may not make up for the mess that was the rest of the series, but it's at least a good note to end on.

Most importantly, if Leomon can survive... So can Digimon Survive

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was a great finale. The final battle was amazing. I liked to see Abbadomon Core being the antithesis of Omegamon. The others fought in the outside. The transformation into Omegamon Alter-S was awesome. Interesting to see Omegamon telling the dying Abadamon Core he will be reborn and they will meet again. Mimi asking what they would do the following day was a nice reference to Kizuna. I liked the epilogue. We saw all the Digimon they met. Leomon survived. The partner Digimon went with the kids to the Human World, which didn't happen in any other ending. Koshiro developed a Digital Gate, which Taichi and Agumon used.
I wonder:
1. Was Botamon Abbadamon reborn?
2. How did Leomon know the kids returned
to the Human World?
3. What was the Digivice at the end?

Shiningmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That finale was really great, not perfect for some but for me it was (and considering the giggles I typed in the epilogue, I think that indicates the great time I had)

Finally the curse of Léomon is broken, it was not until the 9th series of the license for this to happen.

The level of cameos of Digimons is incredible, well we agree Arbormon is Nyokimon so by logic Nyokimon is the reincarnation of Petaldramon.

Now I look forward to the official Abba-Core artwork.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am really happy with this ending! Animation and pace were amazing.

The fight was epic. When you think Omegamon can't get cooler, he gets missiles and energy shields and CANNON UNDER THE CAPE TACTICS!
Negamon was pretty cool looking was well.

For a moment there it looked like the kids and the Digimon were about to be separated, and it looked like Hikari and Tailmon knew about it, but it wasn't the case. Taichi staying in the Digital world is a very Adventure: thing.

I have several thoughts on this season, but overall I'm really happy with it and appreciate the chance to watch it. It was far from perfect, but I'll take an imperfect Digimon show over no Digimon show at all any day.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taichi staying in the Digital world is a very Adventure: thing.
Actually, now that you mention it... This highlights something else I'm not fond of about this series. The fact that Taichi's relationship with his parents seems to be non-existent. He doesn't miss them at any moment, his mother is very nonchalant about his whereabouts during a catastrophe, etc and now he chooses the digital world over his home... I dunno, it rubs me the wrong way. I didn't like it with in Savers either, but I could somewhat understand it... Here... Nah.