Digimon Adventure: Episode 66- The Last Miracle, the Last Power

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hate how the summary made it seem like the "non-important" kids would get some time to shine before Omnimon stole the show as he does. But no, they're made irrelevant almost immediately and are reduced to Spirit Bomb duty again. This fight is essentially just Algomon, Nidhoggmon, and Milleniumon all mashed into one.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I thought they smashed it out of the park! Digimon is notorious for nearly always fumbling towards the finale but this was a very solid effort!

DanDevimon/Devimon showing up over Seraphimon's Arm and that glimpse of SkullKnightmon brought everything full circle for the Holy Digimon. Light and Dark finally reconciling before facing the greater enemy! That was deftly done!

The little moment between Rosemon, Mimi, Joe & Vikemon was really cute. Glad the other 4 children got stuff to do and each Mega had moments. That crest powerup scene was iconic!

Thematically, I loved the symmetry of the children's light of hope coming over to help opposed to the negativity harnessed from the other side by Negamon.

How epic was the orchestral music during Omnimon's digivolution?! Got chills when Ophanimon finally introduced him.

If I could alter anything, I'd add a few frames of the Digidestined's families in the real world to add more stakes rather than just random people staring at tentacle slimes from the sky.

On the fence about the design of Abaddomon as it invokes too much shademon/eyesmon/nidhoggmon/pride to feel original. I know it's intentional but even so. The theme behind its conception and what it represents is very intriguing and new to Digimon as a counterbalance to the crests. Tentomon's line on the villain being it's own undoing was great.

All in all, this episode exceeded my expectations. People love to complain but flaws aside, Adventure 2020 has thoroughly entertained from start to finish!

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look like Taichi and Yamato and their siblings always have special treatments while other four ones... Got their existence eaten. How cruel...
I don't agree, everyone got the chance to shine, they came back with a nice evolution and they helped omegamon appear.
I was satisfied because all 8 megas were treated well.
Also seraphimon was being eaten until devimon saved him too.

Well I can agree about that. Kinda glad Omegamon arrived at the end of this episode before all Ultimates performed their special attacks.

But now I think about it, it's really huge surprise other four ones "died" before the "hope/light" light balls revived them. Oh wait Apoclaymon already did. lol

Banished to nothingess and Deleted zones from the existence. Wow. Scary

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing episode!
I'm really satisfied because they all worked together.
I loved seeing rosemon and phoenixmon in action, roses rapier was well animated.
I loved how the 4 other returned with a warp digivolution. I just wished it was a bit more well animated.
This episode was really exciting and I can't wait for the last one.
One good thing too is that taichi didn't seem to overpower everyone this time.
And yamato got to fight too.
However, I feel that negamon should have been a bit more dominant and scary.
Rosemon = queen 😊

Ultimamon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unsurprisingly, an overhyped paint-by-numbers episode, where the only actual merit is in how it looks.

"Hey! Here's an inferior reworking of that moment everyone loved from 'Our War Game!' Aren't we just so creative!?" :D
I especially loved the part where they conveniently booted off all the redundant cast members.

Still, at least we're nearing the end now.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At this point it would be naive to believe things would be anything above fairly predictable and bog standard, as far as endgames go in this franchise. Since not only does 2020 like to recycle concepts from previous series, but from itself as well.

Protagonists do their (empty) resolutions revolving around ‘never giving up because yadda-yadda’. A massive fight ensures, where just when you think it’s all over the big bad reminds us that there is still one more episode left and powers up to a stronger form to no-sell their efforts. All the redundant members of the supporting cast (excluding Yamato) get unceremoniously benched. Inevitable references to ‘Our War Game’ are made, resulting in a last minute miracle everyone and their mother saw coming a mile off. Especially since it happened twice already.

As a result the show has to fall back on the one thing it’s actually any good at to carry things.

And whilst I can appreciate they did at least throw a bone towards having light and darkness working in conjunction with one another, it still remains a pale shell of what we could have got instead.

So somewhat fittingly, this is for me an episode that does a good job in summing up 2020 overall.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really liked many things in this episode. For starters everyone got a role thus having something to do. Devimon and SkullKnightmon saving their Angel counterparts was one of my favourite moments of the episode. When DanDevimon appeared from Seraphimon's arm I lost it. This closes their development arc well. Devimon's voice actor is amazing. Break the chain orchestra and Omegamon sequence were truly good. I kept replaying for the ost. If it had better animation then it would have been perfect. Wanted Negamon to talk though...

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sure was fun. Didn't expect Devimon and Dark Knightmon but it makes sense. But between doing the 2nd to last ep of Adventure & the main Adventure movie(Diablomon), they seem to really use the story bits that make sense.