Digimon Adventure: Episode 66- The Last Miracle, the Last Power

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 66, The Last Miracle, the Last Power

An extended version of the episode preview from the end of episode 65.

Episode 66 airs Sunday, September 19th, 9am in Japan.

The simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, September 18th, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, September 18th, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, September 19th, 3:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page
(US only) VRV Series Page
(AU only) Anime Lab Series Page

The license that Hulu has only currently covers up to episode 49. Prior episodes are still there, but nothing past that:
(US only) Hulu Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• article2.jpg
    article2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 12,583

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Starting off where we were, Negamon's eye becoming a mouth right as he evolved was a nice creepy touch.

Everyone gets a heroic speech bit, good for them. And I like the screens flashing to show people what is happening.

Also nice that Jou gets the 'point out the bad guy is afraid' moment, and that everyone got some good stuff right after that as far as attacks went to show things off.

The various characters as data ghost things worked pretty well thematically.

Adventure: really does know just when to amp up the music, and having the attacks not do anything when that happened really worked. And I'm wondering if that one random kid was supposed to have a line...

And as youd' expect, the power of hopes and dreams arrives. And framing it as the same as when Millenniumon was there, but from the human world, worked oddly well.

And there are the messages, but a bit calmer than when War Game did it, plus sprite Digimon!

Framing it as the opposite of the negative that fed Negamon was a nice little touch.

The weird mix/short evo scenes for the other 4 kids was really nice. It used things we saw before, but framed them just different that it felt great.

And Devimon pops up for a pep talk. And DarkKnightmon as a shadow.

Omegamon doesn't really get sequences like we tend to think of them. So getting one, akin to that, this time was... honestly, a bit special. Plus the new version of a familiar song.

Great moment to end on to lead into the final episode.

The show does a lot, not great... but pretty happy with the setup for the finale.

Broduliscool

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Omegamon sequence is freaking awsome.I wonder what Alter-s look like because I was hoping like he went to merciful then went straight to alter

Prodigious

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the music most about this series

it had all the Digimon finale cliches we’re used to. Hopes and dreams from everyone causing a miracle.
Honestly there’s no justice for the other digidestined who have been supporting cast members in this series. But there’s a lot to like about this episode.
Omegamon looked and felt epic.

I am wondering what the time difference between the worlds are though. Do these parents know their children are missing? Lool
the kids haven’t even mentioned home so the inclusion of the real world threat didn’t add much to anything.

devimon and darkknightmon cameos were nice.
I thought this episode would match the animation quality of the first 3 episodes. Unfortunately this wasn’t the case

the sudden animation change was weird after negamons evolution.

how cool was Mimi and joes interaction during the first battle after vikemon used his arctic attack. I love when the kids and their Digimon have a chance to… you know… talk! Lol

I’ve had negative feelings towards this show as a whole and I’m happy it’s ending. I tried to enjoy this episode and for the most part I did. Bring on ghost game

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Abaddomon is really the round tentacle black mass, I wonder what level it is.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My favorite part was the revelation that Negamon's powers affect the music, too. While I still believe Devimon's arc was underdeveloped, that was a nice end to it. SkullKnightmon not so much. ...Did anyone else keep pausing to see if the 02 kids were in the group shots?

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice episode. Personally I like the Omegamon sequence. I don't know why after all these years, his appearance, especially here, still puts a smile on my face.
That moment when Cocytus Breath and Gaia Force in slow motion is perfect.
Onto the finale.

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really liked this episode, worked really well as the penultimate ep. Omegamon's sequence was nice and the instrumental version of Break the Chain got me hype.

I really wish that this series had more action taking place in the real world, I think it would've made the scene of the Digital World and Real World's hope light more meaningful (though I do love the digi-sprites).

I also feel like showing all of the kids around the world was a wasted opportunity to give the 02 kids a cameo appearance.

Ghalheart

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think @MarcFBR pretty much nailed everything I was thinking, and then some. :D

All in all, a nice action-packed episode that leads into the finale of the series.

Also, bonus points for Mimi getting literal chills from Vikemon's Arctic Blizzard. Having Joe and Mimi still provide a little bit of comedy in this dire moment, however brief, is still appreciated.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Abaddomon? No, that's Pride and you can't tell me otherwise.

Really good penultimate episode, it sets up the final battle very well, but also has its own strong moments to allow it to stand on its own two feet. The use of the music was excellent, managing to balance the action music with the unsettling tune of Abaddomon and the hopeful tone of Omegamon, it had a great callback to Our War Game and Omegamon's other appearances in the series, decent balancing of the kids even though half of them weren't a part of the action after a certain point, and even brought in Devimon and SkullKnightmon for a great cameo. The only drawback is as everyone said, the animation, which definitely was a low point for a second to last episode.

Nothing else to say but I'm looking forward to the finale. If nothing else it seems they're trying to end on a high note, and I'm looking forward to see if they stick that landing.

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well i think it is safe to congratulate Leomon for surviving entire season without dying XD XD XD
Omegamon finally has evolution sequence which is awesome.
This is similiar to Frontier with final boss doesn't do much to the real world. Really need more actual damages to show what's at stake here though...

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is nice episode.

Creepy surprise on this Negamon evolved as that eye transformed into the mouth...

I just realized Apocalymon have space battle while this Negamon battle is totally Sea Abyss but with blankness zone. Ha nice.

So it turned out Omegamon evolution is... Somewhat good.

Look like Taichi and Yamato and their siblings always have special treatments while other four ones... Got their existence eaten. How cruel...

FINALLY HOUOUMON WITH STARLIGHT EXPLOSION!!

Unbelievable. This Negamon/Abaddomon is totally Fullmetal Alchemist villain inspiration digimon! LOOK THAT DESIGN!

Also Leomon actually survived until the final episode. FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE. Also he didn't even suffer "Stray Bullet"!
Did this Leomon 2020 broke the curse?!

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Abaddomon? No, that's Pride and you can't tell me otherwise.
Well
according to Watanabe:

Abbadamon, the evil figure of this work. I tried to make it look like the [one from the] Xros Wars manga, also a bit of Fullmetal Alchemist... Oi! (^^; I like FMA) The enemy thing of this work was designed with the eyes and mouth in mind. What will happen next week?!

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was great. It was creepy to see the DigiDestined and their Digimon fading. Everyone had a chance to talk. Devimon's cameo and DarkKnightmon's shadow were nice additions. Omegamon's apperance was well done.

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh... I dunno, I thought this was kinda underwhelming... Negamon doesn't feel menacing or threatening as millenniummon did. With Negamon we just see spooky tentacles coming from the sky while with millenniummon there was insane destruction and death. The episode description made Negamon sound way scarier than he ended up being. And that was really the only thing that kept me interested in watching, because we all know that the story and characters are really not this show's strength.
Not a bad episode... But I still don't like it.
Also, not a fan of Omegamon being the only one to enter the core

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look like Taichi and Yamato and their siblings always have special treatments while other four ones... Got their existence eaten. How cruel...
I don't agree, everyone got the chance to shine, they came back with a nice evolution and they helped omegamon appear.
I was satisfied because all 8 megas were treated well.
Also seraphimon was being eaten until devimon saved him too.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh snap, the penultimate episode. It's been a long journey, but I've enjoyed every second of it. Loved seeing all eight of the Megas team up to fight against Negamon. Pleasantly surprised to see Devimon and SkullKnightmon emerge from the angels' shadows to aid their light counterparts. It ends as it began, by summoning Omegamon (now named!) through the hopes and prayers of the people.

That preview for the final episode gives me the heebie-jeebies that the final episode will have a Tamers-esque ending with them turning back into babies and having to say goodbye. :cry:

Atbara

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
People can say what they wanna say about the show overall, but I can't deny that I was thrilled by this episode. Omegamon is always a nice sight for me.

Bogleech

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Unfortunately I love Negaman like 10,000x more in its first two stages than as Abaddomon but it'll probably always evolve into Abaddomon in any appearances it makes :( ....the fact that the whale mouth switches to a cute eye is too perfect.

Digitama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I loved it especially the last scene.
Eh... I dunno, I thought this was kinda underwhelming... Negamon doesn't feel menacing or threatening as millenniummon did. With Negamon we just see spooky tentacles coming from the sky while with millenniummon there was insane destruction and death. The episode description made Negamon sound way scarier than he ended up being. And that was really the only thing that kept me interested in watching, because we all know that the story and characters are really not this show's strength.
Not a bad episode... But I still don't like it.
Also, not a fan of Omegamon being the only one to enter the core
Hard to beat Millenniumon's appearance :)