Digimon Adventure: Episode 65- The Great Catastrophe, Negamon

Prodigious

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
they really put a dry filler episode right in between a great episode and the penultimate episode

I’m all here for a lore dump. But this was so boring I skipped half of it

and yet I’m still looking forward to next weeks episode with hopes that we get great animation and a battle that lasts more than a few secinds

honestly have we ever seen the digidestined lose or even get hurt since devimon?

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... Negamon just... Nom nom until Algomon and other enemies found this Negamon and started Woz'ing for him to announce outside of its existence just like that? Rejoice....

I wonder if it was once "Postimon" before it got corrupted as it consumed so much negatives in "Humanity's Network" data flow? lol

Surprised Leomon actually LIVES. But I'm not so sure if Negamon or his evos might have World ending battle techniques could end that or not.

So... Gerbemon's Trash can is clearly launcher disguised as the Trash can...

Go Komondomon!! I wish he can evolve... Oh well surprised he actually took the action.

Hm to think Algomon Perfect doesn't mind being deleted as he is remaining in "Blank" zone well he got killed by Trinity Attack in Tamers movie style vesrion of Adventure 2020. Didn't expect it to be animated in extreme lame animation.

Sigh... Piyomon and others really didn't get epic evolution animations as Agumon/Gabumon...

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since Negamon is supposed to be the antithesis of the Digital World, if not the existence itself, shouldn't he be granted some sort of immunity ?
Something like: "As long as there is life, Negamon will exist".
It is common among these kind of evil deities supposed to play a major role in the balance of the world.
So... Negamon just... Nom nom until Algomon and other enemies found this Negamon and started Woz'ing for him to announce outside of its existence just like that? Rejoice....
Algomon was certainly created by Negamon, just like Eyesmon.

Deathmon and Devimon on the other hand seemed to worship him as some kind of God (although it can be considered that Devimon was indirectly created by Negamon).

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmmm...one part of this week's episode felt really familiar. Where have I seen it before?

tfY51oX.png

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can’t believe people are still complaining about a supposed lack of evolution sequences. They had enough of them to occupy half the episode. What more do you want?

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After watching the episode, I still don't get which are Negamon's actual motivations. I get they want to destroy everything for the good and the bad, in order to seek for a void or ultimate nothingness, but why would they want to do it with them being an actual Digimon as well is what I don't grasp well here. Previously in Digimon, we have had big bads that have been motivaded by an act of pure selfishness (BelialVamdemon, Demon, Quartzmon), more or less altruism (Apocalymon, Lucemon, Bagramon, Yggdrasil, Leviathan, to name a few) or by a natural instinct of destruction (D-Reaper, Ordinemon), but all of them following the underlying premise of surviving. What exactly Negamon is is a mystery to me. Maybe there's not an actual explanation or the writters of the series didn't thought out this aspect well, who knows.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty boring episode with no real substance behind it. Half of it was generic exposition about how the bad guy wants to do bad things because evil(why did Algomon feel the need to explain it anyway?) and the other half was poorly cut together evoltution sequences, ending with a Nidhoggmon Seal of Quality™ fight scene as the cherry on top.

This season has been really bad in all fronts, save for some few decent fight scenes here and there, and I have stayed way from discussing it purely for the fact that there's really nothing worth commenting on on must of this episodes and this one wouldn't be an exception, but I really need someone to explain something to me:

We are two episodes away from ending this series and I'm still not sure if the villains have been an unified front or if they are a bunch of unrelated factions that just happen to work togheter from time to time. Seriously, I'm just dumb and missed a super important detail that makes this entire mess make sense?

Like, it's kinda of implied that Devimon was created by Negamon, or at the very least worked under it, but his apparent goals from the beginning of the series (a.i attaining higher stages of digievolution) don't really line up with destroying existence itself, ya know? The Vademon cult did kinda want to kill everything I guess, but from the way everyone talks about them, Zeed and the catastrophe don't appear to have anything to do with each other. But at the end of the day everyone still work together as if they goals are all striving towards the same thing.

So, have all the villans, including Millenniumon, all been Negamon's minions this entire time or is everyone just a bunch os opportunists?

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like, it's kinda of implied that Devimon was created by Negamon, or at the very least worked under it, but his apparent goals from the beginning of the series (a.i attaining higher stages of digievolution) don't really line up with destroying existence itself, ya know? The Vademon cult did kinda want to kill everything I guess, but from the way everyone talks about them, Zeed and the catastrophe don't appear to have anything to do with each other. But at the end of the day everyone still work together as if they goals are all striving towards the same thing.

So, have all the villans, including Millenniumon, all been Negamon's minions this entire time or is everyone just a bunch os opportunists?

Opportunists. They said in the last episode that the forces of darkness just used the data from the human world as a power source. Negamon is just a force of nature that's goal is destruction, and the war between the holy and evil Digimon was just one of its methods to cause destruction. It wasn't on the dark Digimon's side, it just wanted to destroy everything.

It's like Apocalymon in Adventure, the other villains existed because of the distortions Apocalymon caused, but they wanted to rule the world while Apocalymon wanted to destroy it.

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Opportunists. They said in the last episode that the forces of darkness just used the data from the human world as a power source. Negamon is just a force of nature that's goal is destruction, and the war between the holy and evil Digimon was just one of its methods to cause destruction. It wasn't on the dark Digimon's side, it just wanted to destroy everything.

It's like Apocalymon in Adventure, the other villains existed because of the distortions Apocalymon caused, but they wanted to rule the world while Apocalymon wanted to destroy it.
That makes a lot of sense when it comes to explain the background on the other antagonists from the series or even the context on the War between Holy vs Evil Digimon armies, but I still don't get where did Negamon come from or when/how was created. This is still very unclear. Apocalymon came from the resentment of Digimon that were told to be unable to evolve/fit in the ideal concept of the Digital World for different reasons.

You claim Negamon is a force of nature, but I am not sure how this is implied/elaborated in the series just yet.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That makes a lot of sense when it comes to explain the background on the other antagonists from the series or even the context on the War between Holy vs Evil Digimon armies, but I still don't get where did Negamon come from or when/how was created. This is still very unclear. Apocalymon came from the resentment of Digimon that were told to be unable to evolve/fit in the ideal concept of the Digital World for different reasons.

You claim Negamon is a force of nature, but I am not sure how this is implied/elaborated in the series just yet.
"Digimon undergo birth, life and then death. Death is not the end for Digimon. They are reborn as Digimon, die again and live again. That is why Digimon and the Digital World continue to exist.

Life and death, destruction, resurrection, prosperity, declination, war, survival, restoration, collapse, elimination, suspension, beginning, ending, restarting.

Endless conflict... Repeating tasks... The Digital World evolved further from accumulating and learning.

[The ancient war] was also a necessity created by Negamon's pulse.

The Digital world's negative law and disaster... That is Negamon.

Those within your hands [the Digivices/Crests] are the extreme opposites of us, the materialization of the Digital World's instinct to exist.

The power to survive, the power to be born, the power to begin.

At one point, the two instincts reached out to the outer world and sought the potential in humans."

Seems pretty clear they're both abstract forces, "laws" or "instincts" of the world.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After watching the episode, I still don't get which are Negamon's actual motivations. I get they want to destroy everything for the good and the bad, in order to seek for a void or ultimate nothingness, but why would they want to do it with them being an actual Digimon as well is what I don't grasp well here. Previously in Digimon, we have had big bads that have been motivaded by an act of pure selfishness (BelialVamdemon, Demon, Quartzmon), more or less altruism (Apocalymon, Lucemon, Bagramon, Yggdrasil, Leviathan, to name a few) or by a natural instinct of destruction (D-Reaper, Ordinemon), but all of them following the underlying premise of surviving. What exactly Negamon is is a mystery to me. Maybe there's not an actual explanation or the writters of the series didn't thought out this aspect well, who knows.

Funny enough, the newly posted Negamon profile appears to answer this question, if Google Translate isn't being misleading. "Always hoping for his own death, he lives quietly in the jet-black darkness."

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Funny enough, the newly posted Negamon profile appears to answer this question, if Google Translate isn't being misleading. "Always hoping for his own death, he lives quietly in the jet-black darkness."

You think he'd just tell his minions to kill him so he can die if that's truly his wish

Brubarb

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't they mention that when reaching out to the human world, the overwhelming amount of chaotic energy led to Negamon becoming a being that erases everything from existence?

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

You think he'd just tell his minions to kill him so he can die if that's truly his wish
The whole reencarnation thing kinda makes digimon functionally immortal, so that probably wouldn't really work.

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven't been this bored with an episode in 20 years watching Tamers. I think I'll wait two weeks so I can watch the final two back to back.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Those within your hands [the Digivices/Crests] are the extreme opposites of us, the materialization of the Digital World's instinct to exist.

At one point, the two instincts reached out to the outer world and sought the potential in humans.
After thinking a lot I find this really interesting. Even though I like the reboot it lacks a structure considering storytelling but it has so mcuh potential....

As for the episode I liked that Algomon explained things even though the episode was a bit boring. Negamon is something beyond good and evil. Its a force of nature wanting to stop existing opposite to DW's nature of reincarnation. That's a good idea for a story. If it could be flashed more. However, I liked how everything was tied together making Nregamon the big bad, even more so than Milleniummon.

Loved watching all the Ultimates (especially the Angels) appear. Hope for more action in the next episode. Negamon in the next episode seems to evolve and the core of the new digimon is like Eyesmon Scatter mode.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can’t believe people are still complaining about a supposed lack of evolution sequences. They had enough of them to occupy half the episode. What more do you want?

I believed few animes usually save up their best animations for final episodes. I guess it's not good to discuss now. Just don't mind me ranting...

So about Negamon... I find it weird. It seemed people here views this Negamon to devour anything to nothingness but how do you explain it about Negamon and his shadow ball Lucemon Larve style able to birth Eyesmon and others guys?! That is hardly relating to "Nothingness"!

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Oh so a more kamikaze version of an Eater and Kuramon itself, I see. This is really interesting, I don't recall seeing something similar in the franchise before.

"Digimon undergo birth, life and then death. Death is not the end for Digimon. They are reborn as Digimon, die again and live again. That is why Digimon and the Digital World continue to exist.

Life and death, destruction, resurrection, prosperity, declination, war, survival, restoration, collapse, elimination, suspension, beginning, ending, restarting.

Endless conflict... Repeating tasks... The Digital World evolved further from accumulating and learning.

[The ancient war] was also a necessity created by Negamon's pulse.

At one point, the two instincts reached out to the outer world and sought the potential in humans."

Seems pretty clear they're both abstract forces, "laws" or "instincts" of the world.
This is truly a very interesting point. If only, I hope they give a more in-depth insight on it. Maybe it would help to understand better what the Digital World is made of and how it distinguishes more from the actual Human World basis even on a multiversal level.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is how you start a finale. While they may have only appeared a few times, at least we got Megas. If only they did that with Adventure 1. They sure beat Algomon didn't they.