Digimon Adventure: Episode 58- Hikari, New Life

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was pretty good. It really developed Hikari by showing her desire to protect the DigiEggs and the forest to the point Nyokimon's birth awakened the Holy Ring. SkullBalachimon was a good opponent. It was nice how, after defeating him, Angewomon wished he rested in peace and became a new life and, in fact, he did become a DigiEgg.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's been a while since we had an exclusively Hikari focused episode. I guess Petaldramon's corpse is becoming a new Village of Beginnings with all the Digitama springing up lol. Soulmon is definitely one of those variants that I always forget exist but whatever, SkullBaluchimon was much cooler and I love the continuity of having the soul of the actual Baluchimon put to rest after the former was destroyed. Like sister like brother, Hikari got the silhouette of her partner's Mega instead of actually transforming into it but it was cool nonetheless.

Next week though, Izzy finally gets off his butt and helps and HeraklesKabuterimon is coming. :)

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ophanimon silhouette! After episode 60, Sora, Taichi, Hikari, and Takeru each need another episode!
2 episodes for yellow eyed hametsu is what we really want at this point. The final episode may serve another purpose? 1 episode for the final boss then. What about Omegamon Alter S?
Sorry final boss, you got no episode dedicated to you! Close your yellow eye. Rest in peace Hametsumon chan.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I want to believe the Nyokimon is the reincarnation of Petaldramon.
i really like this idea!!! ^^

Fav part was the purified Baluchi scene....but isnt it a champion? hmm

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah, I was half expecting Arbormon to project out of the Digitama in a call-back to Frontier where the kids had to protect the Digitama but that wouldn't have made sense without the context of the Hybrids from Frontier and so Nyokimon being (possibly) a reincarnated Petaldramon was a fine compromise.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SkullBaluchimon vs Angewomon was really nice. Didn't expect Angewomon to struggle that much. Though I forget that SkullBaluchimon has the X Antibody so he is stronger than a normal Perfect. The Ophanimon silhouete was so good. Angewomon tapped a bit to that power. Also, Hikari character wise here. Great episode.

Can not wait for Ophanimon to actually appear! It served better here to not appear but tap a bit into her power.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baluchi is actually pronounced with a "chi" like chicken not with a "k" sound but oh well!
Baluchimon is based on the Baluchitherium and it's pronounced with a "k" sound, same goes to Brachimon.
I know what it's based on, it's literally in my country! Baluchitherium is also not pronounced with a K sound.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought this episode is just another episode like Frontier episode where Swanmmon and digitamas were involved there but oh boy I was so wrong. It almost turned into some kind of horror episode.

Didn't think some digimon actually can attack indirectly on digitama unlike the most Digimon seasons but twice on this Digimon Adventure 2020!

Look like the animation was a bit weird.

SkullBaluchimon was just standing there menacingly! I was excited to see his very first appearance but at same time disappointed it's always have to be standing-still animations...

I liked the idea of SkullBaluchimon's stompings filled with decay element like Entomon did but SkullBaluchimon had different purpose only he strongly hate the life unlike Entomon who simply existed to spread decaying to all nature.

I just whoa'ed when SkullBaluchimon got destroyed and Baluchimon was there! Reborned as digitama along with all Soulmon swarms. Now that was some good horror vibes from Tamers I felt there.

I really didn't expect Baluchimon being SkullBaluchimon with full hate. I wonder if he was sent by that "creator"? Or just Bonecrusher?

So the system is returning to normal? I seriously doubt it. I still feel digitama is probably not safe for now... Yeah...

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a fun episode. Hikari had that really sly facial expression wheh Taichi was holding that egg.

SkullBaluchimon and the Soulmon were really cool. This is one of those episodes where I'd sacrifice a previous episodes animations to make this one better.

Angewomon got that good fight. Favorite Angewomon fight since LadyDevimon. Almost dying but pulling through.

I feel like I got more answers to what Light actually is in Digimon in this episode than I have in 20 years. Like what it does. I think the most exposition I remember about it before is Azoulongmon exposition about Light is hope or something.

This world needs more local heroes. Hikari cant be there all the time, someone needs to be ready to step up when EntBaluchimon Jr. decides to take his shot at the place.

Also shout outs to the Soulmon who decided to blot out Saint's Air of all things.

Oh and I really liked the hatching scene.

Cyborg Space Dragon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh look, Bakemon’s back… but it has a new hat!

Before Taichi simply existed. Now he’s being told to buzz off.

Hikari goomba stomping the Soulmon was great.

Skullbaluchimon was a lot stronger than I expected.

I get keeping Takeru out of the fight but between Angemon’s staff and HolyAngemon’s sword, it really made no sense that it was just Taichi and Greymon fighting off the Soulmon.

Great finisher with Angewomon purifying them instead of just destroying them.

This episode really highlighted the show’s biggest strength and weakness. It’s great at showcasing the characters, but only the character the episode’s about. An episode with just Takeru, Hikari, and Taichi, and they say so little to each other.

lucemonbr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't make any sense Patamon and Takeru disappeared all episode.

Brubarb

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just have to say I think this episode was fantastic! Angewomon had a great fight sequence that she never got previously. It felt like the stakes were high. The Soulmon blocking out Saint's Air was brilliant. I loved how they stayed true to the lore with Skullbaluchimon's attacks too. You know that Angewoman would pull through in the end, but you get to see the real struggle and the effects of Skullbaluchimon and Soulmons' presence later. That she was able to purify them all was amazing to see, whereas I would have expected all the evil Digimon to be vaporized by light or something.

Only disappointment was that Takeru didn't do anything. There was no need for Tai, TK would have been more than enough.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very late on this, but I really enjoyed this episode. I liked Hikari in this as the setting worked well for the focus on her character, and it was nice to see the callback to the Primary Village with this new forest bringing forth new life. I also liked how SkullBaluchimon was used here, it's rare to see the Angels struggle as Angewomon was mostly support and is usually a trump card in a lot of ways, so seeing it pressure her that much was very interesting to see. I also do think channeling Ophanimon's aura was a nice touch as one of her primary attacks is purification, and since SkullBaluchimon can be interpreted as a fallen Baluchimon it made seeing the latter's spirit before being reincarnated even better. The only part I can really critique here (aside from the animation, which is spotty) is Taichi, since as said before Takeru was there and could've easily taken up the support role he was doing.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Ophanimon of course. heh But this wasn't that bad. It makes sense for Kari to do this. She'll do that near the end of the series I'm sure. But hey, more eggs. Good to see.