Digimon Adventure: Episode 57- Contact from the Catastrophe

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm thinking about what was the point of this episode. The Great Catastrophe sends its minions to test the protagonists if they can survive what's coming. But why would it test them? The purpose of the Great Catastrophe is to destroy everything, and not prevent the destruction. Does it mean that the Great Catastrophe afraids that it's not strong enough to beat the kids?
It wasn't trying to see if they'd survive, it was collecting data on the partnership powers. It was trying to discover all the Chosen tricks before a confrontation.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty decent episode, for the most part it was used to further the story a bit as we finally get the Algomon back and with Perfect's exposition they've now been tied more strongly to the final antagonist and the Great Catastrophe. For the Algomon's part, I do like that they brought back the original humanoid form from the Savers movie as it allowed for a proper 'face' for the group to be used and it played the role it was meant to do well. As for the character focus, as said before it was more of an Agumon episode as it focused on his bond with Taichi and what he knew about him, and I personally do like that they did that as it makes the relationship less of a one-way street.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All are wondering if the eye was from kuramon o diablomon line, but for me it los like Deathmon eye

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally an interesting vilain, perfect algomon is really amazing and charismatic.
This episode was for me the best till now, not because of taichi but because it's the first time I feel tension.

Ghalheart

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All are wondering if the eye was from kuramon o diablomon line, but for me it los like Deathmon eye

It could very well be Deathmon making a comeback (since it was shown as a silhouette in Episode 5 during the flashback scene). That, or Deathmon could be the catalyst that leads to the story arc's real final boss, which could be a completely new Digimon.

Either way, it's interesting to note when you read the reference book (courtesy of Wikimon), you get the following blurb:

Even though it is a Demon Lord Digimon, it is different from other Fallen Angel and Devil Digimon in that it does not run the whole gamut of wickedness, but instead does its utmost to carefully maintain a position of neutrality. However, it is a terrifying Digimon, and it is told that at the time of the approaching final battle, that whitened appearance will change to jet-black darkness, and it will transform into a god of destruction.

Which, if you piece everything together, seems to make a perfect lead-up for Deathmon to be the big-bad of this story arc.

But all this talk of a evil eyes has actually made me realize something: every major threat in the series thus far, whether in the network or in the Digital World, has been attributed to Digimon with lots of eyes.

We have the flood of Algomon, Calamaramon, Eyesmon --> Orochimon --> Nidhoggmon, NeoDevimon, Sephirothmon, and even Millenniumon. Whether they've got eyes around their body, multiple heads, rows of eyes, or are just eyeballs themselves, they've all been major players by either affecting the real world, or trying to ruin the Digital World. And if we're sticking to this theme, it's worth noting that Deathmon has 3 eyes.

I don't want to go too deep with this, because anything can happen in the next several episodes. But you can bet I've got my eyes on whatever ocular-themed threat is on the horizon. :D

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But all this talk of a evil eyes has actually made me realize something: every major threat in the series thus far, whether in the network or in the Digital World, has been attributed to Digimon with lots of eyes.

We have the flood of Algomon, Calamaramon, Eyesmon --> Orochimon --> Nidhoggmon, NeoDevimon, Sephirothmon, and even Millenniumon. Whether they've got eyes around their body, multiple heads, rows of eyes, or are just eyeballs themselves, they've all been major players by either affecting the real world, or trying to ruin the Digital World. And if we're sticking to this theme, it's worth noting that Deathmon has 3 eyes.

I don't want to go too deep with this, because anything can happen in the next several episodes. But you can bet I've got my eyes on whatever ocular-themed threat is on the horizon. :D
One theory I heard/had, was that the eyes symbolize the watchful eyes of big tech, obtaining data to increase their power.
Maybe the final battle will end with them opting out of all but essential cookies 😅

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After Devimon, I liked this Perfect Algomon Villain. Also, liked that the big bad made an appearance. This seems to me like Ghoulmon/Deathmon or its Super Ultimate form. Its the only one from the ancient War that didn't make an appearance from the side of Villains. Maybe we will learn more from the Holy Digimon in the upcoming episodes.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One theory I heard/had, was that the eyes symbolize the watchful eyes of big tech, obtaining data to increase their power.
Eyesmon’s profile explicitly says it’s an illegal data harvesting program running through social networks.

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't feel like they answered the question in this episode. Agumon actually couldn't tell the difference between the Taichis. I don't know how I feel about this episode overall because of that.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey. Tai actually had something to do here. Plus Argomon. ...So who's the actual villain? So far a giant eye. This wasn't so bad.

Ultimamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Want to wager that this Algomon will end up turning into yet another big mindless beast.