Digimon Adventure: Episode 52- Dance of the Heavens, Hououmon

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I found this episode a bit better than the MetalGarurumon one. Mostly because of Sora out-shonening Taichi with her infinite stamina.

When I think Junkmon, I think of something like Junkman or Junkman.exe. Didn’t expect frankenbeaver.

I agree with everyone else that the “safety first” bit was run into the ground. Opposite of “flying is hard” which I think could’ve been pushed a tiny bit harder.

I’m disappointed Hououmon’s holy rings weren’t at all brought up.

I’m glad the crest wasn’t resolved with Hououmon. Taichi’s and Yamato’s weren’t.

The fact that these Ultimate episodes are so mundane has me thinking that the Ultimates aren’t the final forms this time.

The Ultimate, War Greymon. Activate, Metal Garurumon. Dance of the Heavens, Hououmon. I think it’s going to be very obvious when the other Ultimates show up.
2020 doesn't work like 1999. Debut episodes had both related and non related names so far. So it's not obvious.
At least we can say some titles give us a clue, some others don't.

Cyborg Space Dragon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just talking about the Ultimates. The only exceptions were Goddramon and Holydramon which weren't normal cases.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so where is the source to the claims that Holydramon and Goddramon aren't just normal evolutions?

Cyborg Space Dragon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's the way they evolved, needing power from everyone. Plus, it's already established that their proper evolutions are Seraphimon and Ophanimon.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would loved this episode a lot if I was a kid. Watching the original, I always wondered why the rest of the Digimon partners never went Mega. This would've been cool to see.

Also, it reminded me of the episode were Renamon digivolved to Sakuyamon for the first time.

NOW THE QUESTION IS! Is it Biyomon's final evolution? Or maybe...just maybe... we might see Valdurmon? *-*
I really hope we do see him. He's always been one of my fav big birds in Digimon.
We've already seen Valdurmon in this.
I know, but didn't we also see Seraphimon and Ophanimon?
Yes, but the difference is, both Hououmon and Valdurmon where present during the Holy War, Goddramon and Holydramon weren't.
There's also no point when we're not going to see those forms often given how exhausting they are to use. Wouldn't be surprised if we only see Goddramon and Magnadramon only once more.
That's more than I'd expect. Remember that Goddramon and Holydramon are miraculous evolutions, and are not tailmon and Patmon's primary Ultimate forms.
Hououmon got a better evolution scene than Holydramon and Goddramon...Despite the fact that they are some of the main protagonists for this specific series.. As they are the holy Digimon who are so important to the story. So, I don't get why they got cheated out of a good sequence while Hououmon got an amazing one....
Because those forms are a one-time deal. Seraphimon and Ophanimon are their primary Ultimates.
Unfortunately...If they changed Tailmon's canon mega (despite the fact thar Holydramon is stronger.) why not change the megas for the other Digimon? I know they did that for Taichi twice. I know it is a given they give him that.

Last edited:

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would loved this episode a lot if I was a kid. Watching the original, I always wondered why the rest of the Digimon partners never went Mega. This would've been cool to see.

Also, it reminded me of the episode were Renamon digivolved to Sakuyamon for the first time.

NOW THE QUESTION IS! Is it Biyomon's final evolution? Or maybe...just maybe... we might see Valdurmon? *-*
I really hope we do see him. He's always been one of my fav big birds in Digimon.
We've already seen Valdurmon in this.
I know, but didn't we also see Seraphimon and Ophanimon?
Yes, but the difference is, both Hououmon and Valdurmon where present during the Holy War, Goddramon and Holydramon weren't.
There's also no point when we're not going to see those forms often given how exhausting they are to use. Wouldn't be surprised if we only see Goddramon and Magnadramon only once more.
That's more than I'd expect. Remember that Goddramon and Holydramon are miraculous evolutions, and are not tailmon and Patmon's primary Ultimate forms.
Hououmon got a better evolution scene than Holydramon and Goddramon...Despite the fact that they are some of the main protagonists for this specific series.. As they are the holy Digimon who are so important to the story. So, I don't get why they got cheated out of a good sequence while Hououmon got an amazing one....
Because those forms are a one-time deal. Seraphimon and Ophanimon are their primary Ultimates.
Unfortunately...If they changed Tailmon's canon mega (despite the fact thar Holydramon is stronger.) why not change the megas for the other Digimon? I know they did that for Taichi twice. I know it is a given they give him that.
Because of the story they wanted to tell. I think they figured it would be better for the Three great Archangels to be part of the Holy Digimon than the holy Dragons. In fact, I think that if Lovely Angemon had debuted before Adventure: was written, she'd have replaced Valdurmon as seventh Holy Digimon.
I think we should also keep in mind that, for all their similarities, these are not the same characters from '99. That doesn't mean they're changing Talmon's Mega, this is simply a different Tailmon, like Zeormaru was a different Agumon from the Adventure and Adventure: versions despite all being partnered to a Taichi.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just talking about the Ultimates. The only exceptions were Goddramon and Holydramon which weren't normal cases.
The original show has the same standard for every evolution past baby II to child.
2020 has not followed any for other levels. We can't predict the pattern like that.

The title for Mimi's episode is very similar to Palmon's evolution, Targeted Kingdom. It isn't obvious then, but we have some clues on Mega evolution like you say.

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SAFETY FIRST! Biyomon finally evos all the way. Now I wonder just when we'll get the others and just here are they going if not to get Megas.