Digimon Adventure: Episode 52- Dance of the Heavens, Hououmon

Soul070

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would loved this episode a lot if I was a kid. Watching the original, I always wondered why the rest of the Digimon partners never went Mega. This would've been cool to see.

Also, it reminded me of the episode were Renamon digivolved to Sakuyamon for the first time.

NOW THE QUESTION IS! Is it Biyomon's final evolution? Or maybe...just maybe... we might see Valdurmon? *-*
I really hope we do see him. He's always been one of my fav big birds in Digimon.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have mixed feelings for the episode. I did like Hououmon and the evolution was nice (defenitely way better than Tri where I found Hououmon ugly.) The animation was not bad. I am going to agree with the others for the safety gag. Overall I wanted to see something more from Sora.

Golden_Fate

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
:< Piyomon's line probably got my least favorite evolution consistently throughout this series and this one is no exception so far.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would loved this episode a lot if I was a kid. Watching the original, I always wondered why the rest of the Digimon partners never went Mega. This would've been cool to see.

Also, it reminded me of the episode were Renamon digivolved to Sakuyamon for the first time.

NOW THE QUESTION IS! Is it Biyomon's final evolution? Or maybe...just maybe... we might see Valdurmon? *-*
I really hope we do see him. He's always been one of my fav big birds in Digimon.
We've already seen Valdurmon in this.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah and Valdurmon and Hououmon were there in the ancient war so it's not possible for Piyomon to evolve into Valdurmon. Only Falcomon.

Come to think of it... No Yatagaramon sighted yet huh. And Falcomon (Not Savers) and Diatrymon, too.
They suit this Adventure 2020's digital world more than Saver Falcomon and Peckmons IMO

Junkmon is joining afterwards but I wish Machmon join, too.

I'm surprised nobody complained about Sora and Garudamon being buried under lava river huh

Brubarb

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah and Valdurmon and Hououmon were there in the ancient war so it's not possible for Piyomon to evolve into Valdurmon. Only Falcomon.

Come to think of it... No Yatagaramon sighted yet huh. And Falcomon (Not Savers) and Diatrymon, too.
They suit this Adventure 2020's digital world more than Saver Falcomon and Peckmons IMO

I'm surprised nobody complained about Sora and Garudamon being buried under lava river huh
It's okay, they can be buried under lava because Digivice & evolution power. I mean Tai and Wargreymon can survive cannon blasts so hot they can disintegrate the ground and cause multiple volcanic eruptions, on top of other enormous sized Milleniummon attacks. Why can't Sora and Garudamon be buried under lava?

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did they get rid of the sound effects in the intro again? No idea what's going on there lol.

Decent episode. Good interactions between the characters. Evolution felt earned. "Safety First" was nice but got old pretty quickly. Loved having Junkmon's pragmatism mean he was willing to just straight up abandon the island.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Up until Millenniumon arc, the holy digimon were everyone's hope to defeat the darkness. Gotta admit it, they had a great performance against Millenniumon. Episode 50 was easily one of the best in Adventure 2020. Now they have put their hope on the crests. A good method to involve the 8 kids and their partners in overcoming the catastrophe.

The interesting thing I didn't paid any attention to in episode 51 is that the squid digimon, the current big bad is residing outside the digital world itself. They showed that network dimension each time before reaching its place.

I'm surprised why Hououmon is not a holy digimon in Adventure continuity. At least, Sora would have a better chance if her partner was holy this time around.

Metal Garurumon and Hououmon evolved in filler episodes. Hououmon vs Volcano was OK because her true adversary in this episode was Sora. Love is a link between Sora and Piyomon. They had to overcome the misunderstanding, purify their live, build a bond made of mutual trust. Volcano did what a mindless digimon with zero dialogue could do here. An intelligent schemer is another story, and that's why 2020 can never compete with 1999.

Leomon, Sapadamon, and Falcomon form a strange group. I still think Coronamon was the initial candidate, but his name caused a change of plans lol. It's only my personal idea.

It's okay, they can be buried under lava because Digivice & evolution power. I mean Tai and Wargreymon can survive cannon blasts so hot they can disintegrate the ground and cause multiple volcanic eruptions, on top of other enormous sized Milleniummon attacks. Why can't Sora and Garudamon be buried under lava?
Add Yamato to your list. Donedevimon almost kill him, but he didn't die.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haha... Well I was expecting some comments should show up complaining about how they survived under lava buried.

Yeah WarGreymon survived Millenniummon's cannons but Taichi was THERE on his shoulders made it extremely ridiculous!
I think Taichi's digivice didn't glow during being hit with Millenniummon's cannons... OH well...

I give up thinking. Whatever.

Humans are clearly OP and damned durable as hell with digivices in the Digital world.

EDITED: Yeah DoneDevimon vomited laser also dont forget G-Force Koushiro, Tareku, Taichi and Hikaru somehow endured just fine during riding partner attacks.

Soul070

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I know, but didn't we also see Seraphimon and Ophanimon?

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leomon, Sapadamon, and Falcomon form a strange group. I still think Coronamon was the initial candidate, but his name caused a change of plans lol. It's only my personal idea.
I THINK they're supposed to be a take on Leomon's gang from the lore profiles: Leomon, Starmon, Garudamon.

They couldn't use Garudamon since she's Sora's partner, but it's kind of easy to see how you'd replace that with Falcomon/Peckmon.

Don't know how they got Spardamon from Starmon, though.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hououmon got a better evolution scene than Holydramon and Goddramon...Despite the fact that they are some of the main protagonists for this specific series.. As they are the holy Digimon who are so important to the story. So, I don't get why they got cheated out of a good sequence while Hououmon got an amazing one....

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is or isn’t amazing is subjective. See the previous posts bitching about Hououmon’s evolution.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's also no point when we're not going to see those forms often given how exhausting they are to use. Wouldn't be surprised if we only see Goddramon and Magnadramon only once more.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is or isn’t amazing is subjective. See the previous posts bitching about Hououmon’s evolution.
I personally thought it looked good. They put in more effort into that one than they did with those two.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode definitely tried but missed the mark imo. There was potential there but the execution was choppy.

Liked that there was no big fight because going into all the Megas, that would get exhausting. I appreciate the attempt at versatility some Mega debuts will have emotional beats, some will be action heavy, some might even be humorous. I just hope they're more memorable. Cuz the MetalGarurumon ep disappointed me and this one too.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I know, but didn't we also see Seraphimon and Ophanimon?
Yes, but the difference is, both Hououmon and Valdurmon where present during the Holy War, Goddramon and Holydramon weren't.
There's also no point when we're not going to see those forms often given how exhausting they are to use. Wouldn't be surprised if we only see Goddramon and Magnadramon only once more.
That's more than I'd expect. Remember that Goddramon and Holydramon are miraculous evolutions, and are not tailmon and Patmon's primary Ultimate forms.
Hououmon got a better evolution scene than Holydramon and Goddramon...Despite the fact that they are some of the main protagonists for this specific series.. As they are the holy Digimon who are so important to the story. So, I don't get why they got cheated out of a good sequence while Hououmon got an amazing one....
Because those forms are a one-time deal. Seraphimon and Ophanimon are their primary Ultimates.

Cyborg Space Dragon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I found this episode a bit better than the MetalGarurumon one. Mostly because of Sora out-shonening Taichi with her infinite stamina.

When I think Junkmon, I think of something like Junkman or Junkman.exe. Didn’t expect frankenbeaver.

I agree with everyone else that the “safety first” bit was run into the ground. Opposite of “flying is hard” which I think could’ve been pushed a tiny bit harder.

I’m disappointed Hououmon’s holy rings weren’t at all brought up.

I’m glad the crest wasn’t resolved with Hououmon. Taichi’s and Yamato’s weren’t.

The fact that these Ultimate episodes are so mundane has me thinking that the Ultimates aren’t the final forms this time.

The Ultimate, War Greymon. Activate, Metal Garurumon. Dance of the Heavens, Hououmon. I think it’s going to be very obvious when the other Ultimates show up.