Digimon Adventure: Episode 51- The Mystery Hidden Within the Crests

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was surprised how this episode is full of surprises.

I didn't expect Gerbemon brought very interesting partner, Wisemon that is really smaller like a fairy that turned out as it's only mere researcher along with soooo many Bokomons and Mechanorimons. It really reminded me of Digi-Elves....

Intelligent, curious and questioning minds... Hmm I don't quite understand because Dogmon... Extremely irony. Toon digimon really? And that evil Tyumon... C'mon really? Didn't expect Thunderballmon to be that researcher, assuming they are more of Combat type like Mamemon. Pleased to see green Pucchiemon along with other red one together!

Tree of Information is quite interesting. Oh AncientWisemon?!! Nice, I wonder if that sphinx counts as AncientSphinxmon or not?

Oh? Millenniummon isn't even count for being the "Great Catastrophe"? But I like the idea of "Uncontrollable Darkness".

So all Chosen children weren't chosen by the Digivices which they witnessed Digimon in their younger ages but in this season, they got chosen because they saw the crests in the real world but who "hijacked" TVs to show the crests?
Oh that... THAT MYSTERIOUS BABY! Oh? They sent... Burpmon?! I didn't expect that! I thought Burpmon's arrival is simply unrelated as Burpmon was random wild one... To think they use Burpmon that way...

Yup as I predicted when I first saw the preview, Burpmon loves to eat everything even attacks to increase the size/weight to grow bigger.

I wonder what's going on with Taichi's digivice not pointing but spinning.

OH MY GOD, BURPMON wormmed into the tiny hole and came out... Seriously WTF?? It's more of Pig Slime digimon!
How creepy!

Oh didn't expect Gerbemon's Dark Hole got defeated that easily, Burpmon is totally... Like Kirby.
Burpmon exploded to nasty death just like Wreck it Ralph movie!

I didn't expect Tailmon and Patamon unable to evolve I guess it must be their gigantic evolution left them dried up so fast.

Oh they split up to go journey INSIDE MECHANORIMONS?! I didn't expect it!

This brings joy to my knowledge! I guess this Digimon Adventure 2020 have full access to so many different transportations. Eh?

robiu013

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ngl, last week's episode kinda killed my hype. Had to force myself to watch this.

The whole crest thing in this episode: Is that really anything new? I feel like this episode contributed nothing to the Digidestined lore. It's just a set-up to make characters split up again to make them reach their Mega forms individually. Annoyingly so, the whole "everybody gets his episode to shine"-shtick is in retrospect kind of a dull formula or rather the issue is that Digimon has a history of handling it poorly or rather lazily.

Otherwise, the episode was ok. The Tree of Information is an interesting concept, but given the role it serves I do wish it didn't feel like some retrospective idea the writers came up for a single episode. Burpmon's appearance was also pretty good for what it was. Much prefer his inclusion to how they treated the Dekachimon some episodes back.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was good. It was nice to see Gerbemon again. Wisemon was a humorous character. Their explanations about the crests were interesting. Bupmon was a silly villain but apparently linked to the main plot. The Digidestined have been separated again but, admittedly, it's been a while since the last time.

Lilimonblooms

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good episode.
Lillymon firing some flower cannon to save garudamon was so unexpected.
I wish megakabuterimon ended the villain and not metalgreymon for a change.
Also poor patamon and tailmon.
Tailmon should still be able to fight even without evolving.
I wish taichi went with mimi they are so cute together.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I expected more infor for the Crests but the epsiode served really nice as a first new Arc episode. Liked Wisemon and the AncientWisemon figure.

Patamon and Tailmon not being able to evolve is ok since they have used all of their power and more. Even as the Holy Digimon they need to learn how to relax.

Can not wait for more. The big eye villain seems to prepare for something. This time I liked that the kids seperated.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not much to say, except this was a pleasant episode with lots of nice callbacks and cameos. Burpmon was a hilarious foe, Garbagemon and Wisemon make for nice characters. Would love to see Lopmon join this group.

I'm so glad we'll be diving into the other Megas now. The Holy Digimon being weary makes me expect their Megas last (probably following Vikemon).

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm...a very interesting setup episode. I wasn't certain they were ever going to delve into the significance of the Crests after not mentioning them for so long but it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds. A new enemy or maybe not? I am curious as to how this all ties together and who is the man behind the mon...or 'mon in this case.

As expected Tailmon and Patamon blew their circuits forcibly going into Megas last week and are struggling. I assume they will regain their Angel forms into of the Holy Dragons next time they go Mega. Curious that Taichi's arrow is just spinning...is that because he already has his Mega I wonder?

Can't wait for Hououmon next week. I will be very keen to see how they develop the kids further.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ancient Wisemon was a wise choice in the episode featuring Wisemon.
The crests are like old relics. Are they old enough to pierce through spacetime and reach Adventure 1999? I hate the idea of connecting different series. It's now my greatest fear.

Confirmation that squid guy is the next enemy was the best thing in this episode. I couldn't believe it was mistaken for Calamaron for about 32 weeks. The mistake was also corrected in wiki page for episode 18 perhaps after this episode.

May his appearance put a rest to theories that claim Zeed who died in episode 50 didn't in fact die and will come back even though he died because didn't die.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
with Taichi seemingly going because his Digivice powered compass is playing spinny-spin.

Taichi's arrow is pointing all over the place.

I wonder what's going on with Taichi's digivice not pointing but spinning.

Curious that Taichi's arrow is just spinning...is that because he already has his Mega I wonder?

This most likely means whatever Taichi has to find is within himself.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leomon to SaberLeomon or else, Falcomon and Spadamon and so on.
While SaberLeomon would be a nice nod to the original, I'd prefer they use Regulumon in that scenario. I mean, it seems they're trying to officialize as much obscure Digimon as possible, so it's probably the poor 'mon best shot in years.

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leomon to SaberLeomon or else, Falcomon and Spadamon and so on.
While SaberLeomon would be a nice nod to the original, I'd prefer they use Regulumon in that scenario. I mean, it seems they're trying to officialize as much obscure Digimon as possible, so it's probably the poor 'mon best shot in years.
If we have that possibility, count me in because I want to see Regulumon as well.

Soul070

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I enjoyed this episode. It's always nice to see Wisemon (and the AncientWisemon door statue!!!). The only thing I felt was meh is the whole Burpmon bit lol. I felt like it didn't add anything. I would've preferred if we instead got a glimpse of this "great catastrophe".

Do you guys think we'll get the remaining Megas while the group is separated? It seems that way to me.

I'm just happy Patamon got a proper mega evolution sequence episode last week. šŸ˜ I'm satisfied for the time being and I can't wait to see Seraphimon! Or maybe Dominimon..? Oooh, a LovelyAngemon counterpart?! :love:

Anyways, good ep.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh so nobody got creeped out by Burpmon wormmed out? I guess it's just me myself...

I just realized this Tree of Information is more better! Because all previous episodes never had "digital" thingies on the digital world because all sceneries were just like normal with no odd electronic devices.

I thought Millenniumon's revival in the previous episode caused the environment go haywire due to the circuit lines on the whole grass looked so "bizarre" but I was mistaken for assuming like that. lol finally now that's Digital World for sure! I really missed ya!

DynasBoy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anybody else think that MetalGreymon using his non metal arm to open his chest cabinet for Giga storm was kinda cool?

Has he ever done that before?

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never have seen MetalGreymon opened his metal chest with his arm like that. That was kinda metal and cool!

Technically it's the Great Information Tree. Have some respect.

Okay alright.

This land isn't really Yggdrasil's secret base... Right?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if this episode brings joy to my knowledge but hey, Burpmon. That's fun. Plus we got that Pencil Mon, Bokomon, both forms of the Kind Egg, & a bigger plot to finish up. ...Does this seem like when they sprung Apoc Mon on us during the last two eps of the first series? Or is this more of a fake out final boss like in an RPG.