Digimon Adventure: Episode 50- The End, The Ultimate Holy Battle

zoosmell

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see Magnadramon use Apcocalpyse in the anime...And Goldramon's appearance (used god flame had the flying sparks of light instead of a flamethrower though)

Wished they were the ones to fight Milleni...not Tai (again...)

Anyone else notice that in the Pink Sphere is the 02 kids first armor digiegg and then in the Yellow Sphere is their 2nd armor digiegg? Also thought the other kids were gonna go mega from the "light of hope" too lol xD
Where do you notice the armor digieggs??
I think they mean they're the kids corresponding to the crests. Fladramon, Digmon and Holsmon are the first "set" of Armor evos, and the three kids with their crests were in the pink spehere, while the kids with the crests for the second "set" were in the yellow one.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was absolutely thrilled to see Holydramon actually get to fight properly. The only thing I disliked was the animation and pose choices for the evolution sequences. And then there was that shot of Holydramon with the large forehead..Yikes. The fight definitely had a decent amount of bite to it and each blow you could feel the force. I was SO happy with this one. They did my favorite dragon justice.

Last edited:

Lord Patamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I so loved this episode! Goddramon was impressive! I'm so glad they let him and Holydramon fight instead of just using them to buff WarGreymon. This episode for me was worth the wait :D

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was amazing. A Million Points of Light Redux. It was breathtaking.

Brubarb

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if the series will deal with the fact that Milleniumon scorched a good portion of the Digital World. Maybe that will power up / be part of a plan of the dark forces mastermind?
I hope that does happen! It would be detail oriented and good continuity!

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BEST EPISODE EVER. I almost teared up!
The attack moves were awesome, the best one was Holydramon's "Away with you Milleniumon! The holy light, Apocalypse!". The extra lines made it so much epic than just screaming "Apocalypse!"
WarGreymon also screamed Brave Shield and Brave Tornado which was lacking from the previous episodes.

robiu013

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was such a hot mess of lazy writing, lol.

MagnaAngemon: "Are these everyone's hopes?"
Angewomon: "Their hopes became a light that powers us!"

It just feels like when you winged your homework. It's not good, but it sorta kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

They really wanted to bring home the idea that Taichi is some kind of hero above all of them, except nothing in the show so far made him seem better than the others. He got megas before the others, but big f'n deal, Yamato got a mega as well.

Milleniummon appearently got Spirit Bomb-ed back to primary village just one episode after coming back to life. That's dumb, but fair enough. There's just no reason to keep him around, dude is a video game villain. I already suspected they had little of an idea what to actually make with him. I suppose slowly we will get the info, that the Dark Digimon Army is back and was pulling strings on the Milleniummon revival once again or something like that and we'll get a new villain for the remaining 14 episodes.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Clearly an episode that will not leave anyone indifferent.
Besides, even I don't really know what to think about it.

The first part of the episode was really good, seeing bug-like Wargreymon desperately fighting Milleniummon took me in the guts.
Of course, that kind of losing battle is always a bit of a cliché, but I found it to work, Wargreymon looked genuinely glorious while also grasping the immense power gap between him and his opponent.

The second part was also very good.
I now understand why they are called the 4 GREAT dragons xD
It's really nice to finally see Holydramon treated at her true value, unlike what we were entitled to in Hurricane Touchdown and Tri.
The fight itself was really grandiose, we really had the impression of seeing colossi fighting, which is a curious bet but that I validate.

And finally the climax.
This is the part that bothers me a little more.
ZeedMilleniummon appears, and he seems absolutely unstoppable... all for Wargreymon to wipe him out in minutes with his Genkidama.
Zeed manages to be both incredibly impressive... and a bit disappointing.
I don't like the fact that he’s destroyed by a Deus Ex Machina, it doesn't seem like a deserved victory for the heroes.
And yes I know it's common in shonens, and it's never something I like, besides I don't like the end of the Buu arc in DBZ either.

Anyway, I'm not sure it was necessary to make Zeed appear if it was to get rid of him without further ceremony.

digital_kaiser

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, I didn't like the episode very much. I would say 6/10, the episode has its good and bad moments.
Positive: The fight between Goddramon and HolyDramon against Millenniumon was epic. And entitled to Apocalypse; Zeed Millenniumon's stunning look, despite the disappointing ending and appearance of Zeed Millenniumon serving only as a fan-service.

Negative: I can't accept how in less than 2 minutes of the episode, War Greymon used the protagonism mode and managed to save everyone. This reboot has a very rushed story, but it has a lot of "filler" episode. They, (Toei), created so much hype on Millenniumon and made him evolve to be defeated in just one episode with the power of protagonism being used by War Greymon. Disappointing. I expected at least two episodes for a battle that was called the "Holy Battle" (I haven't seen any synopsis of episodes).

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was good. It was interesting to see Goddramon and Holydramon evolve and break out of Millenniummon. The battle between them and WarGreymon, on one hand, and Millenniummon and, later, ZeedMillenniummon was pretty good. On the other hand, I think Millenniummon and, especially, ZeedMillenniummon lasted for too short a time.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dragons vs Millenniumon was the best part of episode. For Goddramon, I rhink they introduced a new technique and there was no mention of his sealed dragons. But I like the changes they made to him. He is so manly and strong.

I understand why Dragons should let Wargreymon fininsh ZeedM because he is partner to protagonist. But I'm sorry for Zeed itself..
Poor Millenniumon struggled to revive all by itself, and at the end, died in loneliness.
When Niddhogmon died, a mysterious squid digimon immediately appeared and absorbed the data. Soon Devimon acknowledged his death would help the army of darkness.
When Devimon lost the first time, Darkknightmon was there to sympathize.
Milli, the secret weapon of the dark side died, but no digimon mentioned it, no one mourned or even pitied it.
A reaction from the dark side is what this episode lacked.
It was the perfect opportunity to show the squid big bad one more time before the big revelation.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Great episode! You could actually feel the scale of the battle. Imagine the thousand of Digimon that perished with Milleniumon's attacks...

I do wonder what happens to all the Vademon now...

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was an awesome climax. I didn't think Holydramon and Goddramon were going to be that big so that unexpected kaiju battle was cool. Nice to see ZeedMilleniummon make an appearance as an emergency transformation. I must say though, as much as I didn't want it to end I am kinda surprised it didn't as what's left for the kids to fight now that Milleniummon is (seemingly) gone? :unsure:

Koushirou Izumi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll have to say this episode way very well done...I think it's as good as it can be for one episode to tie up this storyline. However, I just wished they gave the holy digimons (both) the final fight and blow to destroy both forms of Millenimon as they're the ones who have been hyped up the entirety of the series and they have a history with this antagonist. Taichi's role at the beginning of the episode was nice and it would’ve been perfectly enough for this episode but of course, they had to give him some "magical miracle power" so he can steal the spotlight at the very end. and the holy digimons being used as a power-up to Taichi once again *sigh* please stop.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was an awesome climax. I didn't think Holydramon and Goddramon were going to be that big so that unexpected kaiju battle was cool. Nice to see ZeedMilleniummon make an appearance as an emergency transformation. I must say though, as much as I didn't want it to end I am kinda surprised it didn't as what's left for the kids to fight now that Milleniummon is (seemingly) gone? :unsure:
Don't Digimon get bigger depending on how much data they have? Maybe they had more data absorbed into their bodies as they were evolving so that made them much bigger than normal. I could be wrong though.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They milked Milli to the extreme. The shard that granted power to Devimon and Skullknightmon was part of it.
Black lightning turned many digimon insane. Mephismon was a shard, also Marinedevimon if I remember correctly.
Hikari saw MoonM in Mugendramon.
Millenniumon fought them in this episode and Zeed is shown two times in the series.
He is gone for sure. It's time to go on. Everybody acts like if they have mever seen the digimon who gave Devimon orders in the first place.
It's obvious that any digimon that can make a portal between worlds and leads Devimon, the messenger of darkness, is the next enemy.
It's not an ordinary digimon if it can manipulate different worlds so easily.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a awesome episode, also is no one pointing out that Leomon didn’t die the whole time.

Ghalheart

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a awesome episode, also is no one pointing out that Leomon didn’t die the whole time.

We've still got more episodes to go. Don't jinx it! :D

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We've still got more episodes to go. Don't jinx it! :D
Well I know there’s episode 51 next Saturday, but they haven’t announced episodes beyond that yet.

Im just hoping that this will be the first anime Leomon will survive this time.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol i thought one of milleni's random lasers was gonna kill everyone on eldoradimon xD