Digimon Adventure: Episode 49- The God of Evil Descends, Millenniumon

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Millenniumon creating Griffomon made me realized, it does make more sense if he can make infinite Composite type "Chimera" Digimon armies. MarineChimeramon, Deltamon, and others! But shame I doubt it.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was awesome, maybe even the best in the series yet. Hikari's sadness over Taichi's disappearance was well done. It was nice to see Mimi comforting her. The battle scenes were good. It was fascinating to see Millenniummon being revived at the end and Taichi and MetalGreymon reappearing while the others disappeared.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At this point it would be most satisfying to end the series with Mimi just negotiating Milleniumon out of the battle.

On another note: re-scaling Digimon in this show was a mistake. Super-sized MetalGarurumon feels like an animation error floating behind Kabuterimon and Birdramon.

Best part of the episode were the Vademon pew-pewing to defend Milleniummon.
The fact that MetalGarurumon is giant is the only thing that makes him a little bit impressive.

If he had stayed small, he could be mistaken with the Perfects of other Digidestined.

robiu013

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At this point it would be most satisfying to end the series with Mimi just negotiating Milleniumon out of the battle.

On another note: re-scaling Digimon in this show was a mistake. Super-sized MetalGarurumon feels like an animation error floating behind Kabuterimon and Birdramon.

The fact that MetalGarurumon is giant is the only thing that makes him a little bit impressive.

If he had stayed small, he could be mistaken with the Perfects of other Digidestined.

I disagree. Personally, I liked how size did not always represent a Digimon's level in the early run of the franchise. WarGreymon & MetalGarurumon were originally intended to come straight from Agumon & Gabumon and were as such perfectly great to be of a lesser size than even their Champion counterparts. On a related note, I also dislike how the two now digivolve from their ultimate forms rather than their rookies, because it just makes little sense design-wise and the whole getting to the final stage takes 3 evolutions is kinda dumb, but I digress.

Anyway, the whole final form not being the biggest form in Digimon also goes way back. The original Vpets always had that one ultimate which was just tiny and cute (Mamemon, MetalMamemon, Giromon, Piximon, etc.) and even when Mega was introduced, Megas were in most cases never the biggest forms - Imperialdramon in 02 being an exception, while most partner Digimon megas were meant to be slightly above human size. I believe the anime's 5th season started messing with the re-scaling.

The reason I liked that, was because I saw it as referential to how technology was developing. The best computers we have are not the largest in size, but the one's, who succeed performance-wise and have an elegant design. Well, that, but also WarGreymon, Gallantmon, Beelzemon etc. are humanoid, they're not kaiju. Likewise I don't see the appeal of a giant kaiju wolf mega form of Gabumon, when a 2m wolf, which you can ride like a horse is basically perfect.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In fact with the preview and if we base ourselves on the information we find on Milléniumon and its attacks, we understand that he launched Time Unlimited and that he trapped the group in a pocket dimension (by the way I believe even Yamato and Metal Garurumon got screwed)

Sora and Koshiro I guess they're fine they just continue to do nothing really I mean 2 Ultimates against those cult digiomns who are what champions? with star wars guns like surely they can knock some of them off it was so frustrating seeing them fail so miserably.

Vademon is a Kanzen-tai (Perfect Level) so it's normal that Garudamon and Atlur Kabuterimon struggled against a good twenty Vademon (and still happy that there was not one who evolved into Ebemon because there they would have been wrong .... Even if I would not have was against the return match Vademon / Atlur Kabuterimon who goes on to Ebemon / Herakle Kabuterimon)

I was under impression of how Milleniumon took everything back he "spilled" those black lightnings that hit the entire world and turned into crystal shards and evil water thingy and he used the time ability to take it back...

Yeah... I was bothered at it how Vademon's guns didn't go though Birdramon's Meteor Wing like butter.

I was going to believe the Vademon leader since he always blah and blah while other Vademon groups were simply standing there might evolve for being rewarded to revive Milleniummon.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eyy, miasma reference. Can't believe that was a year ago we started digging into that...

Anyway, yeah, a table-setting episode for sure, but nice to see it reinforced that Mimi really is the heart of the whole operation. Damn is it good to see Milleniummon too.

Chudix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is good to see big, bad Milleniummon, but he should be the final boss.

This episode was boring and predictable, the "griefing part" was very superficial, but the scene with Mimi was definitely the best part of whole episode.

THEONEWHOISMANY

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm already concerned for episode 50. They better not,i repeat they better fucking NOT have Milleniumon defeated by small fry like Wargreymon. And yeah they may have Goddramon and Holydramon who are comparable to the four Holy Beasts but even they were stated to not stand a chance against Milleniumon combined by Qinlongmon himself. If they don't get destroyed and Milleniumon doesn't wipe the floor with them like a lion with an ant i'm calling bullshit of the highest callibre.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those "small fry" already beat him in the past. Also, Digimon power levels are nonsensical. The anime isn't obligated to follow them.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I disagree. Personally, I liked how size did not always represent a Digimon's level in the early run of the franchise. WarGreymon & MetalGarurumon were originally intended to come straight from Agumon & Gabumon and were as such perfectly great to be of a lesser size than even their Champion counterparts. On a related note, I also dislike how the two now digivolve from their ultimate forms rather than their rookies, because it just makes little sense design-wise and the whole getting to the final stage takes 3 evolutions is kinda dumb, but I digress.

Anyway, the whole final form not being the biggest form in Digimon also goes way back. The original Vpets always had that one ultimate which was just tiny and cute (Mamemon, MetalMamemon, Giromon, Piximon, etc.) and even when Mega was introduced, Megas were in most cases never the biggest forms - Imperialdramon in 02 being an exception, while most partner Digimon megas were meant to be slightly above human size. I believe the anime's 5th season started messing with the re-scaling.

The reason I liked that, was because I saw it as referential to how technology was developing. The best computers we have are not the largest in size, but the one's, who succeed performance-wise and have an elegant design. Well, that, but also WarGreymon, Gallantmon, Beelzemon etc. are humanoid, they're not kaiju. Likewise I don't see the appeal of a giant kaiju wolf mega form of Gabumon, when a 2m wolf, which you can ride like a horse is basically perfect.
The appearance of a Digimon is supposed to tell you about its level.
Sometimes the design is enough, and sometimes we have cases like MetalGarurumon which seems to be the direct evolution of Garurumon.
Making MG a giant is a very good idea, it allows you to understand immediately what is his place in the hierarchy.

Regarding Wargreymon it may have been less necessary but it's still a good thing, the fact that it is stronger than MetalGreymon is again established directly just by the visual.

The only interest of the Warp-Evolution was to save episode time, but it is much more logical that the Mega Levels evolve from the Perfect Levels, moreover it’s the case in all the series which have followed Adventure 01.

What comes from V-Pets isn't necessarily a good thing, an animated series doesn't have to follow the same rules as an electronic toy.
And it is very often stupid that a Digimon shrinks as it evolves.
I am thinking in particular of SaberLeomon in season 1 who seemed almost weaker than Leomon when he was 2 levels above.
There are of course special cases like MarineAngemon, but these should remain exceptions.

Digimon may be Digital in nature, but they follow the rules of the evolution of species. And in nature, what is bigger is usually stronger.
Perfect and Ultimate Levels are only meant to exist for combat, so that Digimon in those levels look impressive just makes sense.
Besides Mugendramon is bigger than the Digimon which he inherited the elements, Megidramon is bigger than MegaloGrowlmon and SaintGalgomon is bigger than Rapidmon.
Beelzebumon and Sakuyamon may not be giants but even they remain taller than their previous stages.
Even Omegamon is huge compared to the lines of Greymon and Garurumon.

And if you want to know the interest of a gigantic Machine Wolf, well that helps him not to look weaker than the werewolf master in kung fu from which he evolves.

I'm already concerned for episode 50. They better not,i repeat they better fucking NOT have Milleniumon defeated by small fry like Wargreymon. And yeah they may have Goddramon and Holydramon who are comparable to the four Holy Beasts but even they were stated to not stand a chance against Milleniumon combined by Qinlongmon himself. If they don't get destroyed and Milleniumon doesn't wipe the floor with them like a lion with an ant i'm calling bullshit of the highest callibre.
Ryo inflicted a 4-0 to Milleniummon.

Patamon and Tailmon are naturally strong against Milleniummon, that they beat him makes perfect sense.

The power gap should be minimal, and Goddramon and Holydramon make up for it with their type advantage.

But I already said it on Youtube.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just realized this Mugendramon just popped out of nowhere but from the deep underground... So there weren't any mentions on Mugendramon for any backstory...

Was it deployed by Vademon cult? I seriously thought Sephirotmon birthed Mugendramon but it doesn't seem that...
If it was truly deployed then why Mugendramon and Vademon cult popped out separately?!

Lalo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They explicitly mentioned last episode that Mugendramon was created based on the data Sephirotmon collected on Agumon's partial Dark evolution. If you're talking about the shadow that fused into the crystal this episode, that was the Cloud Continent's miasma unleashed by Mugendramon's explosion, so it maes sense for it to have taken Mugendramon's shape.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah they did said that but it didn't show us how Mugendramon got created. I assumed Mugendramon was born and "pod eject'ed" from Sephirotmon with all data gathered but I just realized Sephirotmon's spheres only creates the copies with zero offense inside... So... How does that work like that...? And this Sephirotmon just Akira transformed into Chimeramon due to data gathering and Milleniummon's personal choice and after being zapped with that black lightning, it able to birth Griffomon not that giant Crystal.

To be honest, I felt Vademon cult customized Mugendramon in Death Race movie style where the Death Truck was developed in the secret off-screen using Sephirotmon's data gathering rather than being birthed from Sephirotmon in mid-transformation.

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just want to confirm, nothing has been announced about a change to the originally reported 66 episodes has there?

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Liked the episode. Also I liked that we were the process of Sephirotmon >> Chimeramon >> Milleniumon. Really nice and makes sense lore wise. Mimi is indeed the heart of the group. It was a bit strange that Patamon seemed tired but oh well. Glad that MetalGarurumon and the Perfects didn't do a scratch in the MoonMilleniumon crystal.

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Grace Cross Freezer!

I like the animation.

It is a new attack? Because it's already on the digimon encyclopedia official site.

It's always been since the original.
We can see MetalGarurumon use this attack for the very first time in the old MetalGarurumon evolution scene. (Adventure 1999)

Pinkcrane

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really love how the interacts Mimi gets with hikari. They didn’t really interact at all in the original.