Digimon Adventure: Episode 46- The Sword of Hope

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I quite enjoyed this episode. I was very intrigued by Devimon's origins in this continuity. It's very interesting. Holy Angemon is just great, I hope he gets some good screen time moving forward. He's always been one of the most under utilized.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I wish it wasn't so basic a backstory as "you are a manifestation of my darkness" because that's boring. But the overall character work is good, and the NeoDevimon near-appearance was good. Plus there's maybe still some hope (GET IT?) for a full appearance of ShadowSeraphimon, which would be cool.

Also wish we had gotten to see how they would handle phantom Megas, (Nidhoggmon, really) but oh well. Doesn't seem like we'll get to another Mega next week, so interesting to see how they'll handle this all going forward.

RyummaSama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I enjoyed this episode, but I'm mostly really just a fan of how much character development Patamon gets in this series rather than just being a deus ex machina like in the 90s series, as well as giving Patamon and Takeru more screen time in general.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing episode! Definitetly one of my favourites of the series. Devimon being a part of Angemon is better than being one of other Holy Digimon because it shows the eternal struggle between light and darkness and is a smart wait for Devimon to appear more and even be a bigger Villain in the future.

I did like the corrupted near NeoDevimon evolution which I found pretty creppy. What I found a bit funny is that NeoDevimon has many similarities with Angemon:
  • Both have hair.
  • Both have orbs in their chest.
  • Both have a helmet.
  • Both have a helmet like thing in their arms.
It was hilarious when the Mark Of Evil disappeared and the Crest Of Hope appeared on Devimon. HolyAngemon's little screentime was the only downside but he was pretty strong. Liked that his left arm has meaning now.

I'm wondering if that near corruption confirms NeoDevimon as HolyAngemon's counterpart, or deconfirms it given the DoneDevimon evolution instead of Daemon.
I don't think so. NeoDevimon could also evolve into Daemon. Also I have a theory.

Devimon didn't have a Phsyical form and was struggling to maintain it. So with the miasma he did it but he was not as strong without Angemon. If heand Angemon were one then he could evolve to Daemon his stronger evolution and counterpart to Seraphimon.

If Shadow Seraphimon appears and Devimon gains control of it he can still turn into Daemon.

Another thing that I liked is that plot also moved. Sephiromon gathers Data and from what it seems the Digimon of the kids that he got a hold of their data could lead to interesting developments.

Greymon, Kabuterimon, Garurumon, Angemon and Devimon are parts of Kimeramon and not mention that Agumon could contain Mugendramon's data. So this is important for Zeed's return since his new body could be either base Milleniumon or Kimeramon at the beginning.

Last edited:

Cyborg Space Dragon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing episode! Definitetly one of my favourites of the series. Devimon being a part of Angemon is better than being one of other Holy Digimon because it shows the eternal struggle between light and darkness and is a smart wait for Devimon to appear more and even be a bigger Villain in the future.

I did like the corrupted near NeoDevimon evolution which I found pretty creppy. What I found a bit funny is that NeoDevimon has many similarities with Angemon:
  • Both have hair.
  • Both have orbs in their chest.
  • Both have a helmet.
  • Both have a helmet like thing in their arms.
It was hilarious when the Mark Of Evil disappeared and the Crest Of Hope appeared on Devimon. HolyAngemon's little screentime was the only downside but he was pretty strong. Liked that his left arm has meaning now.

I'm wondering if that near corruption confirms NeoDevimon as HolyAngemon's counterpart, or deconfirms it given the DoneDevimon evolution instead of Daemon.
I don't think so. NeoDevimon could also evolve into Daemon. Also I have a theory.

Devimon didn't have a Phsyical form and was struggling to maintain it. So with the miasma he did it but he was as strong without Angemon. If he Angemon were then he could evolve to Daemon his stronger evolution and counterpart to Seraphimon.

If Shadow Seraphimon appears and Devimon gains control of it he can still turn into Daemon.
I think I phrased that badly. I just mean that since Devimon didn't get his "proper" Ultimate, NeoDevimon might not be the "proper" Perfect, given that Devimon is just a piece of Angemon, and doesn't have his own Takeru to help him out. But I think your idea holds up.

Another thing that I liked is that plot also moved. Sephiromon gathers Data and from what it seems the Digimon of the kids that he got a hold of their data could lead to interesting developments.

Greymon, Kabuterimon, Garurumon, Angemon and Devimon are parts of Kimeramon and not mention that Agumon could contain Mugendramon's data. So this important for Zeed's return since his new body could be either base Milleniumon or Kimeramon at the beginning.
Wonder if that Angemon brought some Devimon with it.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Greymon, Kabuterimon, Garurumon, Angemon and Devimon are parts of Kimeramon and not mention that Agumon could contain Mugendramon's data. So this important for Zeed's return since his new body could be either base Milleniumon or Kimeramon at the beginning.
If they actually obtained Mugendramon's data directly from Agumon, is it alright to revive him in this such incomplete state? Mugendramon is still missing Mugen cannons.

Chimeramon: Greymon (+ MetalGreymon), Kabuterimon, Garurumon, Angemon, Devimon, and Kuwagamon data obtained inside Sephirotmon but I didn't see any Monochromon there? Unless if it still counts since Garurumon's memories being absorbed? Yet still missing Airdramon and SkullGreymon that haven't appeared yet in this 2020... Or maybe Sephirotmon actually already collected those data.

Mugendramon: Besides MetalGreymon... Encountered Andromon, Megadramon, MetalTyranomon, and we didn't encounter MetalMamemon yet... Obviously Agumon's memories/Mugendramon evo will be absorbed or/and along with Gabumon, Patamon and Tentomon's memories.

So we might have both of them in "incomplete" conditions.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About the Sephirotmon theories: by Tailmon's explanation, Sephirotmon has been hunting for quite some time, so any missing data can already be obtained. Considering the next couple episodes synopsis, that's pretty likely.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they actually obtained Mugendramon's data directly from Agumon, is it alright to revive him in this such incomplete state? Mugendramon is still missing Mugen cannons.

Chimeramon: Greymon (+ MetalGreymon), Kabuterimon, Garurumon, Angemon, Devimon, and Kuwagamon data obtained inside Sephirotmon but I didn't see any Monochromon there? Unless if it still counts since Garurumon's memories being absorbed? Yet still missing Airdramon and SkullGreymon that haven't appeared yet in this 2020... Or maybe Sephirotmon actually already collected those data.

Mugendramon: Besides MetalGreymon... Encountered Andromon, Megadramon, MetalTyranomon, and we didn't encounter MetalMamemon yet... Obviously Agumon's memories/Mugendramon evo will be absorbed or/and along with Gabumon, Patamon and Tentomon's memories.

So we might have both of them in "incomplete" conditions.
Didn't Sephirotmon get other Digimon data by going around the Digital World so as to gather it? So we could see the complete versions...

Also now that Angemon has absorbed Devimon that maybe the secret behind his new development?

Goddramon's right hand is called "Amon of Red Flame", who governs over "Destruction" (Devimon), and the one sealed within the vambrace on its left hand is called "Umon of Blue Thunder", who governs over "Regeneration". (Angemon) So this could lead to this new evolution.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Goddramon's right hand is called "Amon of Red Flame", who governs over "Destruction" (Devimon), and the one sealed within the vambrace on its left hand is called "Umon of Blue Thunder", who governs over "Regeneration". (Angemon) So this could lead to this new evolution.
I always wondered how does that work like that? I mean Angemon fell into that swamp and birthed Devimon indirectly but in what way?
His damaged feathers? Or the swamp split his data by corrupting those feathers to birth Devimon separately instead of "Slide Evolution"?
Or Alphamon/Death-Xmon situation, simple. Split Angemon's data and you get Devimon in the darkness/Milleniummon's infection/miasma.
Venom (Spiderman) style? What's the better comparison in order to understand clearly?

I like that idea. Didn't think it can actually lead this to evolve with stubbornness Oil/Water way although Devimon isn't completely gone as long as he lives he said, rather than being purified or something like that. If I may add, Tailmon evolving into Holydramon may be big reason she have trauma although she seemed she already overcame her fear or I expected Tailmon to be a bit reckless and inpatient partner since she was imprisoned too long time so she tend to be inpatient as she wants to make up for the wasted time and Let's hurry type person but she just actually takes her time and rest that surprised me

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we will see Tsukaimon and Patamon interact at some point. I've always wanted to see that. Devimon can evolve from Tsukaimon. But I doubt that will happen.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always wondered how does that work like that? I mean Angemon fell into that swamp and birthed Devimon indirectly but in what way?
His damaged feathers? Or the swamp split his data by corrupting those feathers to birth Devimon separately instead of "Slide Evolution"?
Or Alphamon/Death-Xmon situation, simple. Split Angemon's data and you get Devimon in the darkness/Milleniummon's infection/miasma.
Venom (Spiderman) style? What's the better comparison in order to understand clearly?
To me it worked this way:
In a previous episode flashback, we see Seraphimon at the verge of becoming BlackSeraphimon. After he remembered Takeru and fought off the corruption, he started devolving all the way to Angemon. It looks like the "black feathers" we saw forming Devimon this episode were the corrupted data Seraphimon "shed" while devolving.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm I think it surely have tons of scenarios we can think up of that many situations to imply.

I guess Patamon evolving to Pegasmon is still mystery even if it's obviously meant to be alternative evo comes with "less energy consumption" or Koushiro didn't even question to examine it...

Oh why not? Just let's go with the flow anyways.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder why Taichi and Yamato didn't use WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon? In past series partner digimons always evolved into their highest forms during battles.
i actually like that they don't go straight for the megas but work up to it giving the other kids a chance to fight, grow & eventually gain their own megas, something that every digimon anime series tends to have troubles with. most of the time, the characters tend to get sidelined behind their main duo/trio/quad and even the other members of the duo/trio/quad tend to fall behind their goggle head or masaru

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Try imagine they evolved to Wargreymon and MetalGarurumon, Sephirotmon will use their attacks to roflstomp other Perfect levels outside of Sephirotmon's simulation area. Is that seriously good idea?