Digimon Adventure: Episode 42- King of Inventors, Gerbemon

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like that Garbagemon is basically the exact opposite of Vademon from the original Adventure, the latter promoted ignorance and a rejection of knowledge and curiosity whereas Garbagemon is arguably just as if not even more curious than Izzy to the point of even being overzealous at times such as trying to disassemble Izzy's tablet and Digivice.

I also like how this episodes makes me think of the Junkyard from Legend of Mana, even having a quirky scientist character living in the locale.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, if you told me there'd be a Digimon episode that made Chuumon cute, Garbamon sympathetic, and Raremon cool, I'd have laughed in your face. Color me impressed.

I'm kinda hoping Izzy's backstory isn't just a rehash of his original one, but I'm okay with the slow-burn approach to it now.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like that Garbagemon is basically the exact opposite of Vademon from the original Adventure, the latter promoted ignorance and a rejection of knowledge and curiosity whereas Garbagemon is arguably just as if not even more curious than Izzy to the point of even being overzealous at times such as trying to disassemble Izzy's tablet and Digivice.

I also like how this episodes makes me think of the Junkyard from Legend of Mana, even having a quirky scientist character living in the locale.
Yeah I was so sure Gerbemon just threw it together in Cave Johnson style but I was surprised he is taking his studies so seriously and those Tyumons too. I guess a trash digimon can be genius if he devotes his studies entirely. Unlike those... Creepy Vademon cults.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, if you told me there'd be a Digimon episode that made Chuumon cute, Garbamon sympathetic, and Raremon cool, I'd have laughed in your face. Color me impressed.
To be fair, Chuumon falls into the category of something so ugly that the ugliness becomes endearing and even adorable.
Why would a mouse evolve into a bug?
As RyummaSama rightly noted last page and contrary to Pokemon and how most media present Digivolution, Digimon do not have a set Digivolution path but rather Digivolve based on various stimuli. It's the same reason Pulsemon's tree is so all over the damn place apart from being exercise/sports themed.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Garbagemon prob used to be a Sukamon and that's why he's with Chuumon

The DIM is prob what will give Agumon access to BlitzGreymon again

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why would a mouse evolve into a bug?
I think they just want it to evolve into a Digimon that evolves from the Digimental of Knowledge, and all of them happens to be a bug.

The series seems to combine the concept of digivice, crest, and digimental, hence why Patamon was able to evolve into Pegasmon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tyumon evolving to Searchmon was the most weird thing ever I witnessed but not until if one of those chosen children indirectly caused next random digimon ally to evolve to Armor Digimon depending on their encounters towards one certain chosen child (+ Crest) in the next future episode.

Patamon able to evolve to Pegasmon without the digiegg of Hope. Tyumon evolved to Searchmon. Wild life Armor digimons everywhere.

Hmm maybe evolving to Armor digimon is far more common than any Adults in this digital world? For no required conditions?

Nah. Needs.... More evidences.

RyummaSama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm maybe evolving to Armor digimon is far more common than any Adults in this digital world? For no required conditions?
The series has always treated Armor level as Adult level, just by another name. In Tamers, a decent chunk of Monster-of-the-Days where unused Armor level Digimon (Lynxmon, Allomon, Harpymon, and in the first Tamers movie, nearly all the enemy digimon). Frontier and Savers also had armor level digimon appear (Savers even had Drimogemon slide-evolve into Digmon). The only time that Digimentals REALLY matter are in 02, as many Video Games don't even enforce that rule.