Digimon Adventure: Episode 41- Mon-Mon Park in the Fog

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 41, Mon-Mon Park in the Fog

An extended version of the episode preview from the end of episode 40.

Episode 41 airs Sunday, March 28th, 9am in Japan.

The simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, March 27th, 7:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, March 27th, 10:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, March 28th, 3:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page
(US only) VRV Series Page
(AU only) Anime Lab Series Page
(US only) Hulu Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

• ep41article_march27_2021.jpg
    ep41article_march27_2021.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 7,987

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really nice episode.

It went over Takeru and Yamato a bit, had some nice fights, and was structured decently well.

Opposumon worked well as the choice for the villain based on the location and setup, and nice to see the little Digimon again. Creating balloon monsters as quick and done, but had a nice visual touch.

The Takeru and Yamato stuff was all pretty good, although it feels weird to hide the parents visually. It makes sense structurally, but they're characters we saw so much of in the prior version it feels odd, even though it's rather normal to do so. They also added in a few character traits we were unaware of (for the new ones) from prior versions of the characters.

Interestingly, a rare episode where characters were separated that at no point cut away to anyone else.

Mostly a top notch episode... mostly...

The main flaw of the episode was the opening narration telegraphing Angemon coming back, which would have worked so well with 'no' hinting at it from that narration. Because it was a great way to have him pop up again, and had some nice impact.

Nice to have Ryoko Shiraishi play Opposumon again, returning from Hunters, since she's part of the cast for Sora anyways.

Last edited:

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So...is Pegasusmon gone now? Because if so, I'm gonna question why do this at all if you're going to resolve(?) it not even 10 eps later. I feel like this plotline would've been much better had it A) started a bit earlier and B)they actually focused on Patamon's trauma outside of the ep it was introduced in. The brother interactions were cute, I guess.

Thekey0123

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe when Patamon was evolving I saw Gargoylemon for a few seconds. Now it was just the shape and maybe it looked like it cause it was transitioning from a horse like shape to a humanoid one, but since Gargoylemon is another one of Patamons possible evolutions I doubt Takeru is only going to use Angemon, and HolyAngemon from now on, but that's just my guess

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A neat episode!

I enjoyed the brotherly moments, the endearing yet brief flashback, Xiaomon and the other babies and of course the return of Angemon!

There were some faults here and there, like the opening all but spoiling Angemon, and we could've delved more into their parents/situation but I'm not complaining. Like others have said, these episodes would've worked much better earlier, imo around when ultimates/perfects first showed up but eh.

Angemon was epic as usual and I'm glad he's back. Excited about MagnaAngemon's eventual debut!

I just want them to move on to Megas at the soonest because there is a tall order left for the number of eps they're working with.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Scary episode.

Opossumon... Known as Tailmon's evo from Digiegg of Kindness. I was wondering if she will be evil yet again which is very extremely irony...

Monzaemon statues everywhere! And Bakemon returns again?! I thought they were destroyed. Oh awesome animation of WereGarurumon's Kaiser Nail!

Oh? So Takeru and Yamato's mom looked so different from Adventure 01 version. How come?! Taichi's mom remained the same!

Warumonzaemon swallowed poor babies is actually that mysterious hole of its stomach which I always get curious since I was kid?!
And it's scary! It swallows and drains their precious life force to leave them in despair and forces them to ride for all eternity!

So... Opossumon is just admiring and even calling WaruMonzaemon sweetie... She isn't infected... Maybe for sure? Just... Psycho fan?

Oh! All babies produced so much hopes now Angemon RETURNED! Pegasmon GG!

I was so sure MetalGarurumon or HolyAngemon or Pegasmon having a new evo will happen in this ep but nah the ep turned out it's pretty entertaining. But WaruMonzaemon's mysterious hole kinda left me somewhat traumized. Yeah....

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone else think of Stealth Sneak accidentally killing Clayton when Warumonzaemon fell over on top of Opossumon and disintegrated both of them? Gave me that vibe for some reason.

Because if so, I'm gonna question why do this at all if you're going to resolve(?) it not even 10 eps later.

I dunno, probably the same reason we got Zudomon within eight episodes of Ikkakumon. Adventure:'s pacing isn't very good.

robiu013

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was pretty decent.

I guess the Takeru and Yamato parts were cool, though in no way on pair with the brother dynamics they had in the original series. It's a cute bit alright, but what bothers me with this new series is that characterization never feels naturally written into the story, but it's always this blatant character moment, which needs to be really in-your-face, but when it's not one of these moments the characters just feel hollow.

The fun park aspect of the episode was pretty good. Kinda lame how the reveal that something is wrong with the park was just based off Opossumon being sloppy and letting that Xiaomon pass out in the middle of the park. Could have been handled better or in a more clever way, but I give them props for the Monzaemon statue being a WaruMonzaemon all along. Pretty fine horror movie element.

And I'm not gonna lie, as petty as it may be, I am kinda bothered by how Angemon didn't go ultimate level in this episode. We're like 41 episodes in and we know he's supposed to get 2 different mega levels in this, so what gives?

Oh, and also: "WaruMonaemon, an ultimate Digimon". It's been atleast 25 episodes since the first time they commented on a Digimon being ultimate level and it's not going away, xD.

I believe when Patamon was evolving I saw Gargoylemon for a few seconds. Now it was just the shape and maybe it looked like it cause it was transitioning from a horse like shape to a humanoid one, but since Gargoylemon is another one of Patamons possible evolutions I doubt Takeru is only going to use Angemon, and HolyAngemon from now on, but that's just my guess

I believe it's just in your head. Gargoylemon isn't a Patamon evolution. Canonically it's Veemon + Digimental of Light ...and in terms of other media Patamon also never digivolved to Gargoylemon at all.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I believe it's just in your head. Gargoylemon isn't a Patamon evolution. Canonically it's Veemon + Digimental of Light ...and in terms of other media Patamon also never digivolved to Gargoylemon at all.

I think that mistake comes from people tending to view it as an angelic counterpart to Devidramon.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A very heartwarming episode of brotherly bonding. It was nice to see Oppusumon actually in the spotlight since I don't recall it doing anything in Hunters aside from immediately Evolving into Cho-Hakkaimon when the battles began. The second the opening narration mentioned Patamon regaining his strength I figured we were going to see Angemon again, though I was surprised it being seemingly permanent...wonder how Goddramon is going to come into play then? :unsure:

Next week though, is it finally time for HeraklesKabuterimon? :oops:

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was pretty good. The whole premise of the amusement park being used by evil Digimon was interesting. It was nice seeing Takeru and Yamato's memories. I am happy to see Angemon returning. On a final note, why did Yamato say he would ride the cart the day the Digimon left the park?

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every now and then Patamon reminds me why Angemon is my favourite Digimon. Angemon evo had Break the chain somg!! Angemon returned like I mentioned he would in the previous episode. Yamato's and Takeru's bomd was explored more.

Also, Patamon => Pegasusmon => Angemon was epic! Now I can not wait for HolyAngemon. Like with Pegasusmon I believe Goddramon will be the weaker Holy Evolution until Patamon regains his full Holy power to go Seraphimon.

maxresdefault.jpg

The episode was good and had some very good animation scenes.

Last edited:

Cyborg Space Dragon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Takeru episode at last! Now if only we were getting a Hikari one next.

Angemon’s return would’ve surprised me if the narrator didn’t blurt it out. It would’ve been better if we’d had a couple false starts in the earlier episodes. Nothing about this setup screams “Angemon”, so they kinda ruined a good surprise.

I never pegged WaruMonzaemon as being to take on Sagittarius Mode WereGarurumon. I mean, normal Monzaemon’s a Perfect and Togemon punched him right out in 01. It was a real good use of how no one knows what’s under that costume.

Yamato can’t handle ghosts. Such a great counter point to how serious he normally is and it’s great seeing him having in a more normal relationship with Takeru. I like it more than 01 when he was either over protective or not there. Just like that argument with Mimi, he really needed this.

Going by the evolution sequence, I’m thinking it will keep being Patamon → Pegasmon → Angemon.

Ultimamon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Took them long enough to get to an episode with the brothers (that didn't have Taichi muscling in on things). Though it wouldn't surprise me if this is all we'll end up seeing of it for the remainder of the show.

So we get beaten over the heads with the fact Angemon (meh) is back, but no Goddramon foreshadowing...Figures...

Every now and then Patamon reminds me why Angemon is my favourite Digimon. Angemon evo had Break the chain somg!! Angemon returned like I mentioned he would in the previous episode. Yamato's and Takeru's bomd was explored more.

Also, Patamon => Pegasusmon => Angemon was epic! Now I can not wait for HolyAngemon. Like with Pegasusmon I believe Goddramon will be the weaker Holy Evolution until Patamon regains his full Holy power to go Seraphimon.

Why, because they are humanoid? Don't sell the Dragons short. They could easily be the equivalent of a burst evo, or even untapped power. I'm frankly sick of the Angels and their Holy wank.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that was fun. Maybe this explains what's in the Monzaemons. But yay Angemon is back. Will he show up more? Who knows. But hey, nice brotherly bonding.