Digimon Adventure: Episode 37- Mimi-chan Wars

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well Said! And plus shady Vademon cult and Milleniummon aka "Evil God" grant for the power to make this world even more... Unstable!

Now I think about it... Isn't it sorta like all you can eat buffet worlds?
that reminds me, the og adventure's myotismon consumed demidevimon after going venom so this isn't really the first case of same-line cannibalism.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah I remember PicoDevimon got eaten but as a child, I didn't think of that. I always thought of wanting a vampire version Child similar to Dracmon but with no X Antibody to fit Vamdemon and never thought of Devimon - Vamdemon because of the vampire and a devil. (Honestly I view the Devil is way "stronger" than vampire. PicoDevimon or Tsukaimon go Devimon for me. I wonder why they never show Picodevimon evolving in anime.

Very boring episode imo. I don't understand why people like filler episodes like this where nothing exciting happened, not even a Rosemon foreshadowing like HerakleKabuterimon.

I guess the debut of Gogmamon/SunaLizamon and a new(?) Lilimon attack that didn't even get a name saved the episode.
Didn't you notice how almost everybody get tired of Taichi/Agumon taking up so much screentimes? I think having Mimi's "Mini-Adventure" made this episode enjoyable and fun with tons of Digimon interaction.

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But, not everyone is an 'oldbie' to the show. There are kids who are being introduced to Digimon for the very first time. (Likely mostly in Japan i would say).
In my experience, kids only enjoy watching cool Digimon doing cool stuff, they don't really care about "character development".
Considering many people watching Digimon Adventure 2020 are kids who grew up with the original, I'd say most people who are still here cared about the character development. That's why so many people are looking for it - you're in the minority.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't you notice how almost everybody get tired of Taichi/Agumon taking up so much screentimes? I think having Mimi's "Mini-Adventure" made this episode enjoyable and fun with tons of Digimon interaction.
There is no need to have Taichi/Agumon take the spotlight to make the episode more exciting. My point is this episode is no different than Lilimon's debut episode and also not plot relevant other than "reuniting with Mimi", that's why it is boring.

Considering many people watching Digimon Adventure 2020 are kids who grew up with the original, I'd say most people who are still here cared about the character development. That's why so many people are looking for it - you're in the minority.
Kids who grew up with the original are not kids anymore though. I doubt you watch the show 20 years ago because you think "wow the characters have so much development" instead of "wow the Digimon evolutions look so cool!".

Cyborg Space Dragon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay, the real star is back! I love how Taichi and Sora just accept their fate. They belong to the Mimipire now.

Sora jumping into river the save Taichi like that has to be my favorite Sora moment in this or OG Adventure. Just like rushing off to help rescue Hikari or trying to get Takeru to safety when Cerberusmon attacked, she’s pretty much a protector. And surprisingly reckless.

Patamon and Tailmon are quite the pair. Tailmon’s seriousness is actually funny; it reminds me a little of Ryunosuke from Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, though not quite that silly. And Patamon, despite having all that Holy Digimon knowledge, is more of a little kid than Takeru.

Mimi just takes over the show, of course. She’s a perfect mix of spoiled and compassionate.

Taichi may not be the most interesting lead, but between this and the previous episode, I think he’s an excellent supporting character. This show should’ve been handled like Batman the Brave and the Bold, where the stories more about the hero Batman was teaming up with rather than Batman himself. As we saw with Koushiro, Taichi’s good at building others up, and this would allow the others to shine while still meeting their Taichi/Agumon quota.

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kids who grew up with the original are not kids anymore though. I doubt you watch the show 20 years ago because you think "wow the characters have so much development" instead of "wow the Digimon evolutions look so cool!".
i did and its one of the reasons why i found it more enjoyable than most other shows at the time. i enjoyed seeing the characters grow and how their growth affected their digimon and made them more powerful as a result. it was different than something that came about though mostly offscreen training like dbz or pokemon and wasn't just some forced heart of the cards or power of friendship. at the time it seemed more human to me than actual humans tended to be...

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha. Oh Mimi. She's just fun. But now she's actually much nicer. She got her later development now. No hint of an evo like with Izzy but oh well. Maybe next big ep.