Digimon Adventure: Episode 37- Mimi-chan Wars

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very boring episode imo. I don't understand why people like filler episodes like this where nothing exciting happened, not even a Rosemon foreshadowing like HerakleKabuterimon.

I guess the debut of Gogmamon/SunaLizamon and a new(?) Lilimon attack that didn't even get a name saved the episode.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, that was a nice fun episode. It's a nice change of pace after all that had happened.
Mimi continues to bring most of the personality to this show and that's very much welcomed.

I don't think something from an earlier episode will be brought up again, but it did so that was nice. And Lilimon's new(?) evolution sequence was nice.
I'm kind of surprised (but not really) that Rosemon's shadow didn't appear. Well, it will sooner or later anyway, I guess.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really nice episode! After what happened to Guardromon in episode 12, I was worried for Golemon but I'm glad that didn't happen.

When Koushiro mentioned his wish about the Digivice having positional tracking, it got me thinking. Why doesn't it? It has everything else. I bet that thing can Card Slash if Taichi needed it to! So why no tracking? Maybe since the writters plan on having the gang separate so many times, positional tracking would foil those plans?

Lilymon's new evolution scene was really cool, and so where her new attacks. This season really makes the Digimon way more badass and I'm all for it.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A very fun episode and definitely warranted after how serious the last few episodes have been. Mimi is an absolute legend and I was constantly smiling during her antics. Nice to see more Pendulum Z Digimon get some spotlight in the anime. Side note, I did chuckle at the difference between Patamon and Tailmon's reaction to being told to stay with the kids.

Definitely interested in what's going on next week. Looks like we might get a flashback to how Yamato met Gabumon which I was always curious about.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't have much to say about this episode. I just think it was a nice fun episode to relax after several very serious episodes.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very boring episode imo. I don't understand why people like filler episodes like this where nothing exciting happened, not even a Rosemon foreshadowing like HerakleKabuterimon.
The way I see it, eps like this serve to try and give us the false impression certain characters have an actual meaningful presence, beyond the likes of exposition or comic relief.

Once that's done, we can get back to the Taichi and Agumon show. >_>

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I loved the episode.
Mimi is so amazing and lilimon was very cool.
I loved her new attacks and her evolution sequence.
The writers seem to always work hard when lilimon and mimi appear.
Taichi was also very likeable this episode and i wish we could see him more and more with mimi, they are so fun together.

Golden_Fate

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All of Palmon's bits were gold. Togemon's goofy smile, Lilimon's evolution and attacks. Very good Mimi stuff.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ahh this episode made me feel like this was the OG Adventure. This is what I've been missing from Adventure: a somewhat fun episode and character development of Mimi. A welcome change of pace from how things have been.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I guess the debut of Gogmamon/SunaLizamon and a new(?) Lilimon attack that didn't even get a name saved the episode.
Because some people find it fun to kick back and enjoy the nonsense. And having fun is something this series has been severely lacking. Not every ep needs to be hugely plot important.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I had a nickle for every episode in the show that's actually good and also happened to be a Mimi focus episode, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it's happened twice.

Not only did the villain have an actual fucking motivation and we got good character fleshing out, Lilimon got a chance to shine that wasn't being immediately overshadowed by Taichi or Yamato. Very rare for this series.

I don't understand why people like filler episodes like this where nothing exciting happened
If no episodes exist that allow us to slow down and look at the characters properly, no episodes are exciting.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I liked Lilimon, her new sequence and attack this episode and the previous one seemed a bit boring. So I am going to agree with Lord Bearmon a bit...

We did get a bit more from Mimi and her grandpa and I liked that though.

LotusRose

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, clock the avatar, but I enjoyed this one. A lot of that was entirely down to Mimi's personality and infectious enthusiasm, but I didn't find this any more filler than most of the other "fight whatever monster of the week" episodes we've had recently and at least this felt a little more slower paced with some decent character moments. I'm not too bothered about there being no Rosemon silhouette, but then I'm not crazy about the whole silhouette attack thing to begin with. Not as good as the Andromon episode in my opinion, but I do enjoy how Mimi befriends the digimon she meets.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If no episodes exist that allow us to slow down and look at the characters properly, no episodes are exciting.
You already know the characters from the original series. Even it's a different timeline, they're still the same character and have the same personality. So I don't see the need to repeat it.

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You already know the characters from the original series. Even it's a different timeline, they're still the same character and have the same personality. So I don't see the need to repeat it.
But, not everyone is an 'oldbie' to the show. There are kids who are being introduced to Digimon for the very first time. (Likely mostly in Japan i would say).

You may feel you know the characters, but for Adventure: they are different. Takeru is not as whiny as he was in Adventure 99, same with Hikari. Mimi is already more developed than I feel she was in Adventure 99. Yamato and Taichi haven't had a slog fest/arguments that they had in Adventure that gave them personality. Taichi is more foward (akin to the V-Tamer Taichi rather than Adventure 99 one). Sora also feels different to her counterpart. Joe, still is comic relief so currently don't feel like he is different. Koushiro even feels different to me, he is more on his tech this time imo.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, this Mimi is technically different than OG Mimi in that she's a rich heiress, so episodes like this are necessary because they flesh out the new aspects of her character.

Haralampos

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I found this episode a bit old-fashioned, almost like Pokémon. It feels weird with so many villains already to have some side plots just to show the new digimon. I don't know, I think there's no imagination and there's no creativity like the original anime. Clearly they're re-using the old characters to cat fishing us but they want to focus on the main character and leave the rest on side-plots. Overall a good episode if it was the 5th one. Also I liked the new evolution sequence, really detailed, but cheap background. I wonder if they're going to do the same to others to save time for more action.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But, not everyone is an 'oldbie' to the show. There are kids who are being introduced to Digimon for the very first time. (Likely mostly in Japan i would say).
In my experience, kids only enjoy watching cool Digimon doing cool stuff, they don't really care about "character development".

Shadow Moon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was really weird to see Gogmamon wanting to eat Golemon despite its connections but I can't help it but to think Gogmamon is probably the victim due to his stomach problems. But poor Gottsumon(s)?
In this world, its eat or be eaten.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well Said! And plus shady Vademon cult and Milleniummon aka "Evil God" grant for the power to make this world even more... Unstable!

Now I think about it... Isn't it sorta like all you can eat buffet worlds?