Digimon Adventure: Episode 35- The Glowing Angewomon

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the episode discussion thread for Episode 35, The Glowing Angewomon

An extended version of the episode preview from the end of episode 34.

Episode 35 airs Sunday, February 5th, 9am in Japan.

The simulcast for Crunchyroll is shortly after at:
Saturday, February 4th, 6:30pm in California (Pacific)
Saturday, February 4th, 9:30pm in New York (Eastern)
Sunday, February 5th, 2:30am in the UK

If your time isn't included in the short list above this link will take you to an easy to use time converter so you check yours.

The show can be watched on the following:
(Most countries) Crunchyroll Series Page
(US only) VRV Series Page
(AU only) Anime Lab Series Page
(US only) Hulu Series Page

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before the episode is commonly available for most people at the simulcast times listed above (if you are posting about the episode trending on social media in Japan, feel free to post about that.) You can discuss any next episode previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the episode.

Attachments

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Overall an enjoyable episode.

The MarineAngemon stuff was a cheat, but at least it was a productive cheat I guess (letting stuff happen underwater instead of 'just on the surface' of the ocean.)

Dealing with the Tailmon/DarkKnightmon stuff in episode was far more enjoyable than trying to debate it based on narration or 'well this is sort of what it looked like', and having it be via some degree of character growth/concern to Angewomon was neat, even if it felt a bit low key (no mention of MarineDevimon looking like Devimon at least?)

Sora being the only one to notice the tiny exploding guys would have an easier time with large targets was at least a nice mention of the type of thing that is often ignored.

Overall liked the episode, still needs more slowdown.

Cyborg Space Dragon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like how they have Patamon and Tailmon so broken from what they went through that they need Takeru and Hikari's support. It kind of matches Takeru's original role of being both the strongest and most helpless.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like Saggitarius Mode's debut, I probably would've liked the ep more had Gatomon's fear been properly foreshadowed in the previous ep instead of (as far as I remember) being introduced in the ep it's dealt with. Also that was a very underwhelming first fight for Angewomon. She barely even moved.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, Gusokumon was a rando after all.

The clarification on the Tailmon/SkullKnightmon sittuation was nice. It's starting to look like Seraphimon was the only one to survive the ancient battle. If so, I wonder who captured him and buried him in darkness? Perheaps someone behind Milleniumon?

While MarineDevimon's appearence was okay, I think him being a fragment of Milleniumon was a wasted opportunity of using MarineChimeramon. Altough MarineDevimon works better as a foil to an angel Digimon.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Kinda wished MarineDevimon turned to mega xD
Love seeing old enemy digimon again (despite evolving) though...not like a one time show

Brubarb

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So after the song and Angewoman's spotlight, the silhouette for next spotlight is Blitzgreymon. That'd be cool if Metalgreymon can have a different evolution, but I would prefer it we could focus on our forgotten children.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not so much to say but yay for Gusokumon! But it's weird the profile said the fish torpedoes were supposed to be slow mines yet they just launched at normal speed. Ehh whatever.

Why did MarineDevimon just stand there doing nothing while the chosen ones have long... Chat?! Just be INFERMON and do your job!

Tailmon | DarkKnightmon theories ARE STILL SO CONFUSING. Please stop it. Just admit it's captured and converted rather than "became DarkKnight" thingy! Zeus Thrist, my brain hurts

MarineAngemon can make it breathable in underwater using its unique power? Nice.

And colorful fruits they ate weren't enough "Digimon"-ish.... Just recolored fruits. Weak

ChrisPerry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, this episode provided some backstory for Tailmon but didn't tell why she can mantain her Adult form rather than turn into Child like the others Digimon. I know that she uses less energy but some explanation would be nice from the creators. What's more it was nice to Angewomon to appear in order to help the kids'!

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My problem was not the episode in itself which was goodish, the problem was it wasn't iconic or distinguishable from any other ep.

It felt like a terrible way to waste Angewomon on a forgettable monster of the week (not even that, since Gosokumon was cooler). Marine Devimon barely did anything or spoke and Angewomon's appearance didn't seem game changing or significant as a result.

We know there's no way they could compete with her original debut, taking out a major villain and that powerful Wizardmon death scene. But my one wish was that at least they'd try to make it special and memorable.

On the plus side, I like how they approached Gatomon's inner turmoil and had Kari be the one that rescued her. It worked well as she overcame her fear and digivolved.

I also liked the digivolution sequence we got & the theme playing (the one they used for Omnimon before) worked really well, it fit her so much better than X-treme Fight would've.

It's also interesting that we saw her digi-egg, meaning she died like the other 6, I'm wondering if Seraphimon was the only survivor.

The bit about Marine Angemon imbuing them with the ability to breathe under water was a convenient and hilarious cheat lol.

Ofcourse we got digivolution sequences for Greymon & MetalGreymon as we know they must have 98% of the kills in this show and fill up their quota of screentime. *eye roll*

A BlitzGreymon silhouette this soon also has me concerned.

Naal

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was about to complain Agumon and Piyomon on top of Komondomon's head, but then they explained that it's because of MarineAngemon's power. Okay then.

It's nice to see Sora being more observant than the others and realising that they'll become an easier target the bigger they get.

Another nice thing in this episode was that it managed to show Tailmon's inner conflict and tied it to DarkKnightmon. But the resolution was a bit dull. For me Angewomon's debut and fight was rather anticlimactic, a side effect of wanting to fit so much things into an episode perhaps.

This was a pretty good episode overall, but still lacking compared to a few previous ones.
(Also please be irrelevant to next week's episode, BlitzGreymon's silhouette)

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another episode of Hikari/Tailmon bonding and development that fills my heart with joy. So it was confirmed that Tailmon was indeed SkullKnightmon which presented an interesting dilemma whereas Patamon couldn't Evolve to Angemon, Tailmon's mental trauma was the problem this time. Although she actually made it to her angel form instead of Nefertimon, which is fine as I was never a fan of that design. I did like the little thing of having the debut of a Holy Partner Digimon striking down a Devil again, with Angewomon and MarinDevimon.

Next week has me real curious as to what will happen though, the preview looks like a Izumi focused episode but we see BlitzGreymon silhouette at the end? What on earth is going on? o_O

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Next week has me real curious as to what will happen though, the preview looks like a Izumi focused episode but we see BlitzGreymon silhouette at the end? What on earth is going on? o_O
Izumi focused was an interesting joke. Not that I care much about this excessive focus on Taichi, but we should accept there won't be any non-Taichi centered episode anymore.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The episode was okayish, but really someone should make a poll about the stupidest fight in Adventure:. One would think that last week's Anomalokarimon fight was stupidest, but this week MarinDevimon not only was standing still waiting for being killed (like Anomalokarimon), but also was watching how Hikari and Tailmon are talking, eating chips, drinking Nuka Cola, and not tried to interfere.

Excluding fights, the episode was watchable. I liked how Tailmon was terrified.

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not a bad episode overall, nothing amazing. Good to see that Ebidramon ---> Gusokumon is now canon. I will never understand if Marin Devimon is blue or black, but without any doubt this one was dumb.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was good. It was nice to see the relationship between Hikari and Tailmon continuing to be developed. Her evolution to Angemon was really earned. On a side note, I am glad to see it confirmed that Tailmon, really, was SkullKnightmon.

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did not like the episode, angewomon deserved so much better. I feel that taichi's presence was too strong and it kinda ruined the debut.
Also the fight was too rushed and the attacks not well executed.
Loved the bond between between hikari and tailmon/angewomon however.
We miss yamato and mimi.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, just to be sure: Tailmon died after the war and the power of Darkness corrupted her Digitama, which eventually turned into SkullKnightmon?

And Patamon/Angemon was the only one to survive the war. I wonder why.

Episode was nice. It went along the lines of the other Perfect Evolution episodes. I'm guessing they are saving the dramatic and character growth driven episodes for each of the final evolutions.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Liked the Hikari and Tailmon relationship. Tailmon not being able to evolve at first because of her fear was nice for the character development. Angewomon is so beautiful!!!

I would like to remind everyone that MarineDevimon is not so intelligent so its possible to atatck its target if the target attacks it first. Also, in almost every episode a new evolaution comes (in most digimon seasons) it oneshots the opponent.

Angewomon's big fight will likely come against LadyDevimon or NeoVamdemon. Hope for Ophanimon vs Lilithmon though.

The episode was decent but I wanted more. While I like dthe Angewomon sequence I would like it more if it was slowed down a bit. It reminded me of the original sequence a lot. Loved that Angewomon used her Holy power so as to have Hikari fly with her.