Digimon Adventure: Episode 33- The Hikari of Dawn

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My initial thought on Tailmon was just being absorbed by DarkKnightmon was correct all along.
When DarkMaildramon burst into pieces, so does the theory on it being Tailmon lol!
It would've been nice if DarkKnightmon evolved into SuperDarkKnightmon instead, but seeing him grow so huge, could it be considered a MegaDarkKnightmon?
Hikari and Tailmon interaction was quite impactful for me because the quiet Hikari suddenly talked and showed emotion, I almost teared up. Very good episode overall!

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
>being a nobody
>Lasted 11 episodes
>stomped MetalGreymon and WereGarumon with ease
>WereGarurumon Sagittarius Mode and MetalGreymon could not beat him
>outlasted Devimon and his evolutions making it to the next arc
>Gave Angemon a Holy Digimin a good run for his money by stalemating him.
>Stomped MetalGreymon AM and was only defeated by WarGreymon who happens to be the chosen children's current strongest Digimon powerhouse

Also, he can access all of his true powers without a partner. All of his attacks are insane too. This DarkKnightmon is awesome compared to the one from XW who could not even do the half of the stuff Adventure 2020 SkullKnightmon does The one from XW is a joke compared to this version of DarkKnightmon.
And yet despite all those feats, he's still just another generic goon in the long list of boring Adventure: villains. I'll take Xros Wars' charismatic DarkKightmon over this nobody anyday.

Talking about boring characters, I hope they'll actually do something interesting with Hikari now that she's finally displaying emotions. Ever since her introduction, the show has been trying to provoke intrigue around Hikari and why she was acting the way she was, but there's little entertainment value in speculating on the behaviour of a blank slate we still know basically nothing about.

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this episode was good, albeit not as much as the previous one. The biggest problem was that SkullKnightmon/DarkKnightmon turned out to be a mere tool for reviving Millenniummon. However, it was nice seeing the while ritual, especially with the Vademon talking, Hikari confront the darkness and meet Tailmon and them being rescued by Taichi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Phew, this was a good episode. So much was going on that I was like "no, don't end it there!" But thankfully it turned out to be the ad break instead. As people expected, Tailmon was inside SkullKnightmon and I liked that Hikari became more expressive the closer she got to it, instead of always being the creepy quiet child. A little saddened that DarkKnightmon didn't do much fighting but oh well. But Tailmon is finally joined the cast, I wonder if she'll be able to Evolve into Angewomon or will she also be hampered like Patamon is and have to Armour Evolve. :unsure:

Side note, I did like that at the post-credits Izzy scene you can see Pegasmon's Level being listed as "???". Very cheeky. :giggle:

Kuzehiko

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And yet despite all those feats, he's still just another generic goon in the long list of boring Adventure: villains. I'll take Xros Wars' charismatic DarkKightmon over this nobody anyday.
Not he's not.
You're clearly biased here. All of his feats speak for itself.
XW SkullKnightmon was a laughing stock. He had a hate boner for his brother all along lol. He needed DeadlyAxemon and a partner to get all of his powers and evolutions and at the end he achieved nothing but being absorbed and taken control by Bagramon.

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All of his feats speak for itself.
XW SkullKnightmon was a laughing stock. He had a hate boner for his brother all along lol. He needed DeadlyAxemon and a partner to get all of his powers and evolutions and at the end he achieved nothing but being absorbed and taken control by Bagramon.
So what you're saying is that XW's DarkKnightmon had a personality, a motivation, limitations, and an ironically tragic end.

Meanwhile Adventure's DarkKnightmon is... strong. That's it. That's his only defining trait.

Which sounds more interesting?

Thanks for proving my point.

You're clearly biased here.
I consider Xros Wars the worst season in the Digimon franchise. The fact that I'm being "biased" towards it says more about Adventure: than it does about me.

DragonicEmperor

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It really doesn't get better does it.

Turns out DarkKnightmon is just a tool to be sacrificed to revive Milleniummon and otherwise has no other relevance. Why did we waste 20 episodes of investment into this? He didn't even go down properly fighting.

Hopefully Hikari can now actually become a character. Taichi failed so hopefully she can make up for the sins of her bland brother.

Kuzehiko

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So what you're saying is that XW's DarkKnightmon had a personality, a motivation, limitations, and an ironically tragic end.

Meanwhile Adventure's DarkKnightmon is... strong. That's it. That's his only defining trait.

Which sounds more interesting?

Thanks for proving my point.
You're taking out of context what I'm saying to make valid your points. Get your reading comprehension better.
XW DarkKinightmon had a screentime of almost 40 episodes and Adventure DarkKnightmon only 13. Adventure's DarkKnightmon isn't just strong. He was chosen from the beginning to be sacrificed in order to revive Millenniunmmon. He accepted this fact and was willing to do it. XW DarkKnightmon's motivations are reduced to the hate boner that he had for his brother and did not even success, again lol. Contrived motivations. I do accept that he did have a personality in comparison of Adventure DarkKnightmon but that's it. It's not like Adventure DarkKnightmon was a machine and didn't know what he was doing. He could talk, he knew he was a chosen by the series' antagonists and he was loyal to do it till the very end. Sure he wasn't amicable after all he is truly dark.
Taking into account the amount of screentime Adventure DarkKnightmon takes it all.
I consider Xros Wars the worst season in the Digimon franchise. The fact that I'm being "biased" towards it says more about Adventure: than it does about me.
You just saying you consider a season the worst to just deny what I said about the Digimon you were defending in said series you dislike the most lol?
You are biased. Xros Wars is not even the worst season in the franchise.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually enjoyed the fact that DarkKnightmon was the villains' "Chosen Child." He had a role, he accepted that he was needed for that role, and he fulfilled that role. He wasn't charismatic, he wasn't spiteful, he simply had a goal. He was robotic, and he did have a "mystery."

However, I would have loved more scenes from his perspective. It's nigh impossible to have a captivating villain without showing their perspective. TBH my favorite villain in the series so far is Veggiemon because we got to see things from his perspective. Vademon (and eventually Mille) will likely replace him. I really hope : reveals more about DarkKnightmon. It would definitely be doable. Give us a "Lopmon Flashback" for DarkKnightmon and show how he was Mille's Chosen, show how he stumbled across Tailmon, and what his reactions were toward our Chosen.

Episodes I Need: "Mimi's Fight Club," "Soakin in the Bath with Nani and Blosso," and "My Life as a Background Vademon."

Any bets on who Vademon's boss is? I just assumed it would be EBEmon the whole time, but I'd love to be surprised.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just realized now. The reason why Vegiemon commanding the armies because Vegiemon evolve to Vademon, right?

So let me get this in short story. The reason is why Devimon was searching for the "Holy" digimon that happened to be this Lopmon that was hiding in the forest.

Seraphimon got captured and devolved due to the corruption.
Ofanimon got captured and "sealed" inside DarkKnightmon along with Hikari as sacrifices even DarkKnightmon willing to be the sacrifice for that rebirth of Milleniumon.
Lastly Cherubimon got reborned safely and lost memories but the light made him remembered.

Is that correct?

Lilimonblooms

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was a fair episode with a great battle, finally tailmon is here and they all have their digimons.
However, they really need to show us lilimon and zudomon... They didn't even fight much this season.
Hikari and tailmon at the end were adorable and I'm so happy sora is getting treated well by appearing every week and fighting.

Darklabo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked the episode, it was the most interesting in a long time.

A few points that caught my attention:
- It was the ideal moment to give a Mega level to DarkKnightmon. His Perfect level seems stranger than ever because of his really impressive feats.
- The Mastermind of the series are Vademon... all their delirium of sacrifice reminds me of the SEELE of Evangelion.
- Gatomon was thus locked inside SkullKnightmon (which was a kind of empty armor), why not. Even if I wouldn't have said no to an Ophanimon FM.
He reminds me of his equivalent from the Xros Wars manga.
- Wargreymon should have made its first real appearance now, it would have been glorious.
- Garudamon's treatment is really nice, I'd like something similar for Lilymon.
- Wargreymon decapitated MoonMilleniummon. I know he's still alive but it's still very impressive.
The old jokes about WG defeating Milleniummon were not so far from the truth after all.
- So Hikari... she was aware of what she was doing when she let DarkKnightmon absorb her or not completely ?

Otherwise, the debate about DarkKnightmon, even if I find the one from Adventure 2020 interesting and with a rather new role in the franchise, he still doesn't come close to the one from Xros Wars which is easily one of the best antagonists, all Digimon media included.

educhavez

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why Taichi is even bothering using GREYMON in this situation?

Why don't go with all the power directly with WarGreymon? Dude, your sister could die, there is no time to waste and you won't defeat a big DarkKnightmon with Greymon, MetalGreymon or even the Alteros mode. You already fighter him (without buffs) and know his strength ...

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- So Hikari... she was aware of what she was doing when she let DarkKnightmon absorb her or not completely ?
I don't think she was completly aware. She "knew" that was the way to meet Tailmon and possibly that Tailmon was in danger and so she would be too. But I don't think she was aware they were in the middle of a sacrife to a dark god and thus the severity of the situation.

FlareChain

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty meh episode. Tailmons debut was pretty boring, there isnt any proper explanation why she was inside Darkknightmon in the first place and I am sure we will not be getting one. Joe, Mimi, Koshiro and Yamato still doing the stuff they did like 3 episodes ago... *yawn*, not really interesting and eh, the fights could have also been better. I really like Tailmon but I feel like it's personality will fall flat again in this reboot.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why Taichi is even bothering using GREYMON in this situation?

Why don't go with all the power directly with WarGreymon? Dude, your sister could die, there is no time to waste and you won't defeat a big DarkKnightmon with Greymon, MetalGreymon or even the Alteros mode. You already fighter him (without buffs) and know his strength ...
Because warp evolution is not a thing in this series.

Stephan2006

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something I’ve noticed over several episodes, but very prominently in this one is that the music sounds like I’m watching Gundam Seed. Right before Tai and Wargreymon hit darkKnightmon, other than a few off beats it was almost exactly the same as the three ship alliance theme.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The episode was pretty nice, it kinda felt like a horror movie, so it was a nice change of things.

Nobody before mentioned that, so I will mention - the background Evilmons were pretty nice too, and added a lot feelings to the horror settings of this episode.

I'm not a big fan of how Hikari found Tailmon (how was it possible that SkullKnightmon didn't know that Tailmon is inside him, and even more how Millenniummon didn't know that either), but it happened so so be it.

Darklabo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I realize that we just finished the second arc.

It was quite expeditious, only one episode for the climax while the fortress and Nidhoggmon had lasted three each.

I wonder if a new enemy will be introduced (another receptacle for Milleniummon ?) or if the beast will serve as the main threat in person from now on (which might be complicated without a body).

I also have two questions about SkullKnightmon.
Was he "born" at the moment Gatomon fell into darkness, or did he just absorb her ?
And, could he survive without Gatomon ?