Digimon Adventure: Episode 32- Soaring Hope

perorimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, they are doing multiple evolutions this time around? Does this mean we will still have a chance to see Holydramon?
Yeah, I'm hoping that too. Maybe all of them will use alt evolution on some levels.

Also, why is Cerberumon so huge this time? I guess it fits its namesake. Also, is that three head thing new? Far as I remember, the other two were mostly decorative.
They seem to be playing with the dimension of all digimon, like I'm still amazed how huge wargreymon is now.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Liked the Takeru centered episode. Found really interesting that Patamon as Seraphimon was the only one that survived the ancient battle and the interesting part is that he became ShadowSeraphimon. I found that ShadowSeraphimon is a step before he becomes Deamon!

But he devloved to HolyAngemon and then Angemon. Amazing that he held for so long. I generally like this Takeru more than 1999 version and with Pegasmon now, Patamon can be useful without being Angemon all the time. All in all good character focused episode. We need more of those. Pegasmon and the battle against Cerberumon was amazing!

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know...I kinda wish they would have Holyangemon become Goddramon as a change of pace. Seeing Holydramon and Goddramon together would be epic.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know...I kinda wish they would have Holyangemon become Goddramon as a change of pace. Seeing Holydramon and Goddramon together would be epic.
I for one don't really like the dragon forms. So I wouldn't bother a lot if Goddramon didn't appear. The Angel Trio also fits better with the lore and is more important. I would like to see Seraphimon being strong for a change.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well. since they gave Patamon two adult forms in this series, maybe he will get two Ultimates as well? Seraphimon and Goddramon happening in the same series would be good. As for Tailmon, I'm not too happy with them picking Ophanimon at the moment..Instead of that they really should give Holydramon more screentime compared to the insultingly low screen time she got in only two movies...But then again, this is basically the Taichi and Yamato show all over again..Any Ultimate that is mot Wargreymon, Metalgarurumon, or Omegamon is given the short end of the stick.

AngelOmega

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well having 2 forms is not bad but I want Ophanimon and Seraphimon to be both strong and show their relevance as the Holy Digimon. Personally I am very happy with Ophanimon. Holydramon had its time (I know it was not much but it least appeared 2 times) and is not plot/lore relevant here.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can we just take a second to appreciate Miwa Matsumoto's voicing skills? The different way she speaks when Patamon evolves is so cool! I've watched the Pegasumon scene everyday since the episode aired just to hear her say "Rodeo Gallop!". Heaven's knuckle sounds good too. Basically every time she tries to be a badass!

perorimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I rewatched this episode couple of times too. Especially evolution+ battle scene.
It's been a while since we had one this good.
It gave me a "Be the winners" earworm, I can't get the song out of my head :D

Can't wait for the next ep. I just hope people aren't right about Skullknightmon. That would be wierd.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Been watching the episode a few times and I got a conclusion. I am wondering if Pegusmon is the proper evvolution of Patamon and Angemon is always been the side evolution. It makes more sense of a hedgehog evolves into a horse then an angel. That leaves me with Gatomon. Wonder if she will also have a proper form as an ultimate. A cat going into an angel is like a hedgehog doing the same thing.

Lord Bearmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am wondering if Pegusmon is the proper evvolution of Patamon and Angemon is always been the side evolution. It makes more sense of a hedgehog evolves into a horse then an angel. That leaves me with Gatomon. Wonder if she will also have a proper form as an ultimate. A cat going into an angel is like a hedgehog doing the same thing.
If you're going with Pegasmon then there's Nefertimon for Tailmon.

perorimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think his Angemon form will eventually become available to him again.

I would really like to see Nefertimon show up too.
Maybe if she loses her holy ring like in 02, at least temporarily.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well cool. It's Pegasusmon. That's unexpected. ...Could Cerebusmon always do that thing with his heads? Also, Who's That Holy Digimon! I see one who could feed in to that joke want I said before. Took me minute to get it since it's a newer angel.

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We get something of a curveball episode this time, in more ways then one.

The first being that someone other then Taichi (REJOICE) gets the spotlight for a change.
The second being the fact we get some actual insight and substance from a character.
The third being that it is from Patamon (and to an extent Takeru). 2020 seems to be taking a leaf from Xros in that respect.

You might add Pegasusmon onto that list, though we had a distinct clue in regards to the episode's title beforehand. But I for one am just glad it wasn't some dirty fake-out and we'd instead end up with something like Greymon sporting angel wings... ¬_¬
If the inclusion of 'Be the Winners' is any indication, this time he is treated as a regular Adult in this continuity as opposed to following the armour mechanics of 02. But still with enough power to tackle an opponent at least one level above. Though it's difficult to gauge what major difference there is between the two. That it might function similar to a reverse of the human/beast spirits from Frontier.
Whilst the specifics are as usual very vague in regards to how this kind of evolution actually works, it may be meant to serve as a possible setup to something similar in the future, such as Blitzgreymon/Cresgarurumon. And whilst I'm not doubting that eventually we'll be seeing Angemon again, I would find it amusingly ironic that what with people creaming themselves over Ophanimon, we got Goddramon as a trade off.

One noticeable thing in the Patamon/Lopmon mind meld moment is a cameo appearance by Blackseraphimon. Whether this is meant to serve as some kind of metaphor for the corruption, or that he deliberately powered down in order to slow it somehow is up for your interpretation.

Much like every other time the kids encounter a single perfect enemy, Cerberumon is conveniently strong enough to match whatever number of Partners at the same level are put up against him. Though it does allow Pegasusmon to put on a respectable performance whilst not relying on having him do all the work. Which automatically makes it better then countless other times spent watching Metalgreymon doing his usual routine.

At this point we should be desensitized to the fact the kids insist on riding their partners into battle whenever possible, but one can't help but raise an eyebrow at when Pegasusmon does a Rodeo Gallop with Takeru clinging onto his back. If he'd lost his grip that could have ended up going very badly. :p

Whilst all this is going on, Mimi is apparently off having what looks like a more interesting storyline. Likewise it is also clear now just how meaningful Joe's role is in all this.

"No worries. Last episode I survived getting swept up in a tornado of fire after all."

Last edited: